Options

Skint- Channel 4 9PM

Comments

• Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .................. Benefit fraud is actually lower than benefit underpayment due to error.....................

The amount of benefit underpayment due to error is almost exactly the same as the amount of benefit overpayment due to error.

The commonest cause of error in benefit payments is coding error; this leads to two errors : an understatement of the correct benefit, and an overstatement of the incorrect benefit.
  • Options
    Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the benefits paid out in this country are to working people e.g. working families tax credits, council tax benefit, child benefit. As these people are already contributing by paying tax like every other working person, I don't think we should complain, although there is a minority who spend their money on the wrong things.

I wouldn't know about the benefits paid to working people because being as my other half and I have opted not to have kids, we don't get a penny of tax money back on anything
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a numpty, telling the cameras he is about to go shoplifting and then does it wearing a distinctive hi viz vest on complete with a corporate logo on!

He is, isn't he? The problem with this sort of prgramme though is that they focus on the ones who are abusing the system rather than the ones who manage their money ok and get by.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I'd like to believe the girl who sorted herself out had done it for good I think she'll slip back into her old ways sadly.

If the tall guy could sort himself out, get a job and keep it he could have a decent future in life.

The idiot in the white hat has no chance in life he was so horrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, if drugs weren't prohibited and supplied legally at a fraction of the cost, we wouldn't have half the problems.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    It's sad because I have worked maintaining housing association and council properties in the past . And I saw more and more estates gradually filling up with drifters like these with no aim in life.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.T.A, whats that grease under there, whack,! whack!, whack!, you havn't done the other side of the windows whack!, whack!, whack!
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Dental treatment is free if you're on benefits.

Not so, it's only free if you're on certain types of benefit:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1786.aspx?CategoryID=74
    You will not be exempt from paying for NHS dental treatment if you receive one of the benefits below when paid on their own:

Incapacity Benefit
    contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance
    Disability Living Allowance
    Council Tax Benefit
    Housing Benefit
    Pension Credit savings credit
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geoff_Mack wrote: »
    Thing is, if drugs weren't prohibited and supplied legally at a fraction of the cost, we wouldn't have half the problems.

Yes, because of course these wasters wouldn't just go onto harder stuff and cause yet more crime and problems.

Or do you think free crack cocaine would mean 'we wouldn't have half the problems.'?

These people should be given free injections. A final, lethal one.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    best boy wrote: »
    Yes, because of course these wasters wouldn't just go onto harder stuff and cause yet more crime and problems.

Or do you think free crack cocaine would mean 'we wouldn't have half the problems.'?

These people should be given free injections. A final, lethal one.

I see you've cast your line, good luck.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,943
    Forum Member
    I haven't posted on this thread so far so I'l give my general responses.

I think most of them are their own worst enemies. Obviously there are loads of decent hard up people out there but I suppose that isn't entertaining enough for TV is it?

I thought Ryan was a right idiot! Blaming everyone but himself for his troubles as if he was forced to go round doing the things he did that kept on getting him into trouble!

That fisherman got on my nerves a lot too. Anyone would think that fisherman was the only job out there that he could do! That's the problem with the likes of him. They make up their mind on what they want to do and turn down or turn their noses up at anything else they could do.

Actually I can't be bothered to go on about this right now!
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »
    I see you've cast your line, good luck.

Do you think supplying people with free or dirt cheap heroin would end well?
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Do you think supplying people with free or dirt cheap heroin would end well?

I guess you missed the part of his post where he set the bait.
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I wonder why they never make a programme about people in this country who really are doing. I mm San people who work and get nothing for nothing. People who pay for their homes, their bills and have nothing left. I mean really nothing left. No money to drink cans of lager morning, noon and night. No money to inject poison into their bodies and certainly not hundreds of pounds worth of tattoos all over them. Funny how these people who don't pay their way in life can afford all kinds of entertainment.
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I wonder why they never make a programme about people in this country who really are doing. I mm San people who work and get nothing for nothing. People who pay for their homes, their bills and have nothing left. I mean really nothing left. No money to drink cans of lager morning, noon and night. No money to inject poison into their bodies and certainly not hundreds of pounds worth of tattoos all over them. Funny how these people who don't pay their way in life can afford all kinds of entertainment.

...or even people who are claiming benefits and are living hand to mouth. These are mainly single people though, so are not of any interest to documentary makers who want to push the agenda of the fat, tattooed, loud, ill-bred, ill-educated, drunken, feckless single mothers with a football team of children sired by several drug-riddled fathers. (If she even knows who they are!)

Respectable people who have worked and been made redundant or suffered ill health hold no entertainment or shock value. Who wants to know that the dole system has failed this sector of claimants as it's not newsworthy to watch some poor wretch traipsing to the food bank or sitting shivering in a dark living room because they can't afford the electricity for heat and light.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...or even people who are claiming benefits and are living hand to mouth. These are mainly single people though, so are not of any interest to documentary makers who want to push the agenda of the fat, tattooed, loud, ill-bred, ill-educated, drunken, feckless single mothers with a football team of children sired by several drug-riddled fathers. (If she even knows who they are!)

Respectable people who have worked and been made redundant or suffered ill health hold no entertainment or shock value. Who wants to know that the dole system has failed this sector of claimants as it's not newsworthy to watch some poor wretch traipsing to the food bank or sitting shivering in a dark living room because they can't afford the electricity for heat and light.

Yep good point well made Terry!

Almost that time of the week again folks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    i wonder how many on that list are in prison :D
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to that lad for getting off the heroin, and nearly off the methadone. You have to hope he can help other people break their addictions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just turned on. What have I missed so far?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to that lad for getting off the heroin, and nearly off the methadone. You have to hope he can help other people break their addictions

Yes I hope he really keeps clean, he looked healthy, happy and rather handsome I thought :D:blush:

I think that other lad needs to give in and hand himself in, I couldn't live like that with those horrible knocks at the door every day and they aint never gonna stop til they get him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just turned on. What have I missed so far?

Becky's Dad ("don't disrespect the effing queen) is waiting to go to liverpool for an op for his anuerysm op.

That junkie lad and his missus have got the coppers banging at his door and he keeps pretending he's not in as he puffs away on his crack pipe!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky's Dad ("don't disrespect the effing queen) is waiting to go to liverpool for an op for his anuerysm op.

That junkie lad and his missus have got the coppers banging at his door and he keeps pretending he's not in as he puffs away on his crack pipe!

Thanks 👍
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm glad the kids have got somewhere to go,, but i would hate to live near that youth center
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    I'm glad the kids have got somewhere to go,, but i would hate to live near that youth center

I was just thinking exactly the same thing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many of these people are products of the "care system"... it just seems to foster generations of dysfunctional people. Now their child is in care - let's hope it's the cycle broken