Options

Magic Am Changes

I Used to listen to Magic but I became ill so I stopped listening Ive heard there are some changes happening does anybody know what these changes are please I also believe Dave Campbell is doing his final week this week does anybody know where he is going to and is the new schedule out anywhere please

Comments

• Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See other threads for more details but
    http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/09/major-brand-swap-for-bauers-local-stations/
    London’s Magic 105.4 ‘adult contemporary’ output will go national on the Digital One multiplex from January, replacing Absolute Radio 90s. As a result, the ‘oldies’ version of Magic will go to make way for ‘Place 2′ stations in each of the areas of northern England where Magic currently broadcasts on AM. Bauer says these stations will be rebranded in line with the ‘Place 1′ station in each area, so in Liverpool: Radio City will stay on FM and DAB, and Magic 1548 will become Radio City 2, targeting a 45-64 year old audience.
    --
    Place 2 stations will use the strapline ‘The Greatest Hits for…’, while the Place 3 stations will have ‘Today’s New Music’.

At present, the Magic AM network of stations in the North of England has three regional breakfast shows – one for the North West, one for the North East and one for Yorkshire. The remainder of weekday output comes from Magic in Newcastle along with some weekend programming. Presenters including Tony Blackburn and Mike Read currently do weekend shows on the Magic AM stations from London.
    The ‘oldies’ music will stay the same on AM, DAB and online, but some presenters will change as Scotland and Engand will share more programmes.
  • Options
    radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete10165 wrote: »
    I Used to listen to Magic but I became ill so I stopped listening Ive heard there are some changes happening does anybody know what these changes are please I also believe Dave Campbell is doing his final week this week does anybody know where he is going to and is the new schedule out anywhere please

dave campbell is listed on the schedule until saturday but his profile page has been removed also remember he lost his cfm sunday show replaced by the hugely popular paddy mcguiness
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it with this Magic FM going on DAB outside London.

Why should a station that is a London ilr, be allowed to air on DAB and still very much act like a London ilr while on DAB?

In effect Magic 105.4FM is going on there for Londoners travelling outside London either on business or going on holiday.

How is it fair that London has been able to keep a lot of their old style ilr very much intact while ilr is vanishing or it has already vanished in many other parts of the UK and all the London's ilr's are on DAB throughout the whole of the UK. It really does rub salt into the wounds for the many have lost their ilr's to 24/7/365 networking.
  • Options
    beaconbeacon Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Magic London is very boring with a very languid play list. It certainly does not have the same feel as the Magic we know and love.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dave campbell is listed on the schedule until saturday but his profile page has been removed also remember he lost his cfm sunday show replaced by the hugely popular paddy mcguiness

Paddy McGuinness must be the worst DJ ever on mainstream radio.
  • Options
    radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    Paddy McGuinness must be the worst DJ ever on mainstream radio.

i was being ironic/sarcastic making light of yet another radio pro losing his job to some shite celeb