Options

Molar Extraction Advice Following RCT

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    bk2006 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's this tooth, if you press the corner, just below the gum, it creates such pain and i can manipulate the pain. I'm in no doubt tbh, all other teeth don't exhibit any pain.

Can you describe the pain? Does anything set it off other than pressing on it or biting on it?
  • Options
    bk2006bk2006 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ilove2dook wrote: »
    Can you describe the pain? Does anything set it off other than pressing on it or biting on it?

not really tbh I had it for so long now but it's much more focused to an "area" of the tooth. As i posted in my original post, there is an image showing where the main pain area is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    generally speaking...pain after RCT treatment, mainly below the gumline of a tooth suggests??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bump.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a root canal but the tenderness never completely subsided - i could feel it if I pressed lightly on my cheek. Teeth that have had root canals are more fragile and a crown is usually advised - but some dentists prefer to wait a while to check that the root canal was successful. Anyhow it turned out that my tooth had cracked in that interval so I had to have it out anyway. :confused:
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the pain radiate up towards your ear?

I had pain on a tooth that handnt been root filled, dentist said it was loose, he removed it and ive not had that pain again. Ive had a root canal done on a different tooth and ive lost most of the tooth now, the new filling fell out, gotta go and get that sorted now, but because it's root filed its giving me no pain, but id guess thats cause its tight in my jaw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean it can feel like its up to my ear... I think once a dentist said it was loose... So maybe you're onto something ... I think its time to have it pulled.