Options

Sports Commentators (non-football) (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    OMcOMc Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    European Rugby Challenge Cup - Sunday 7 December (Sky Sports 2)

Round 3 - Gloucester v Zebre

James Gemmell presenting live from Kingsholm alongside Phil Vickery and Shaun Edwards.

Commentators: Mark Robson & Ieuan Evans

Reporter: Bill Latham
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    European Rugby Champions Cup - Sunday 7 December (BT Sport 2)

Craig Doyle in the studio alongside Lawrence Dallaglio and Brian O'Driscoll.

Round 3 - Harlequins v Leinster

Commentators: Nick Mullins, David Flatman & Matt Dawson

Reporter: Sarra Elgan

Round 3 - Toulouse v Glasgow Warriors (BT Sport Extra)

Commentators: Andrew Cotter & Andy Nicol

Round 3 - Leicester Tigers v Toulon

Commentators: Alastair Eykyn, Ben Kay & Austin Healey

Reporter: Martin Bayfield
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Varsity Match - Thursday 11 December (Sky Sports 1)

Rupert Cox presenting live from Twickenham alongside John Carter and Damian Hopley.

Commentators: Simon Ward & Tyrone Howe

Eddie Butler also made an appearance on the pitch just before kick-off reading the names of the players who fell in the First World War.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    European Rugby Challenge Cup - Thursday 11 December (Sky Sports 1)

Round 4 - Stade Français v Newcastle Falcons

James Gemmell in the studio alongside Ieuan Evans and Rory Lawson.

Commentators: Mark Robson & Dewi Morris
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    European Rugby Champions Cup - Friday 12 December (BT Sport 2)

Round 4 - Bath v Montpellier

Chris Hollins presenting live from The Rec alongside David Flatman, Matt Garvey and Austin Healey.

Commentators: Alastair Eykyn, David Flatman & Austin Healey
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Martin Bayfield's Twitter he is having problems getting to Toulon to cover the game tomorrow with this air traffic control problem. It was mentioned tonight that Austin is hurrying over there for tomorrow too. It'll be an interesting evening or morning for him.
  • Options
    Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMc wrote: »
    European Rugby Champions Cup - Friday 12 December (BT Sport 2)

Round 4 - Bath v Montpellier

Chris Hollins presenting live from The Rec alongside David Flatman, Matt Garvey and Austin Healey.

Commentators: Alastair Eykyn, David Flatman & Austin Healey
    According to Martin Bayfield's Twitter he is having problems getting to Toulon to cover the game tomorrow with this air traffic control problem. It was mentioned tonight that Austin is hurrying over there for tomorrow too. It'll be an interesting evening or morning for him.

Interesting time for them all, Hollins hosted last night as Craig Doyle was stuck in Dublin, Andrew Cotter was stuck in London too.

From his twitter this morning it looks like Bayfield is likely to be hosting from London
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex2606 wrote: »
    Interesting time for them all, Hollins hosted last night as Craig Doyle was stuck in Dublin, Andrew Cotter was stuck in London too.

From his twitter this morning it looks like Bayfield is likely to be hosting from London

Oh dear! I presumed Hollins hosted because Doyle was going to do studio build-up on the big games today and tomorrow.

Presumably Doyle will do the Leinster game this afternoon then, and Bayfield Toulon-Leicester with Sarra Elgan in Northampton.

(EDIT: Having had a look at Doyle's Twitter he will indeed stay in Dublin to do the Leinster game.)

I don't know what they'll do commentary-wise, they might end up off-tubing some of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    European Rugby Champions Cup - Saturday 13 December (Sky Sports 2)

Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse

Alex Payne presenting live from Allianz Park alongside Will Greenwood and Ieuan Evans.

Commentators: Miles Harrison & Stuart Barnes

Reporter: Scott Hastings
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse

Alex Payne presenting live from Allianz Park alongside Will Greenwood and Ieuan Evans.

Reporter: Scott Hastings

It's Scott Quinnell not Ieuan Evans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    European Rugby Champions Cup - Saturday 13 December (BT Sport 1)

Round 4 - Toulon v Leicester Tigers

Martin Bayfield in the studio alongside Nick Kennedy and Andy Goode. Jill Douglas in Toulon with Ben Kay and Bruce Reihana.

Commentators: Andrew Cotter & Austin Healey

Reporter: Jill Douglas

Presuming commentary is off-tube but BT have weathered the flight disruption well.

European Rugby Champions Cup - Saturday 13 December (BT Sport 2)

Round 4 - Northampton Saints v Benetton Treviso

Sarra Elgan presenting live from Franklin's Gardens alongside David Flatman and Paul Grayson.

Commentators: Alastair Eykyn, David Flatman & Paul Grayson
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    European Rugby Champions Cup - Saturday 13 December (BT Sport 1)

Round 4 - Toulon v Leicester Tigers

Martin Bayfield in the studio alongside Nick Kennedy and Andy Goode. Jill Douglas in Toulon with Ben Kay and Bruce Reihana.

Commentators: Andrew Cotter & Austin Healey

Reporter: Jill Douglas

Cotter quietly confirmed on twitter commentary was offtube. I was watching BT 2 so haven't seen but I presume Jill Douglas made it across then. Funny how she got across and the commentators at least didn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cotter quietly confirmed on twitter commentary was offtube. I was watching BT 2 so haven't seen but I presume Jill Douglas made it across then. Funny how she got across and the commentators at least didn't.

Douglas, Kay and Reihana must have gone over earlier. Healey was at Bath last night so it would have been pushing it for him to get over in time with any sort of delay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Round 4 - Saracens v Sale Sharks

Alex Payne presenting live from Allianz Park alongside Brad Barritt and Ieuan Evans.

Commentators: Mark Robson & Will Greenwood

Round 4 - Racing-Métro v Ospreys (red button)

Commentators: Martin Gillingham & Ieuan Evans
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Douglas, Kay and Reihana must have gone over earlier. Healey was at Bath last night so it would have been pushing it for him to get over in time with any sort of delay.

Think Douglas and Kay also flew from further north which helped.

As far as i'm aware Healy wasn't meant to be there but was drafted in to help co-comm when they realised they couldn't do it on site
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think Douglas and Kay also flew from further north which helped.

As far as i'm aware Healy wasn't meant to be there but was drafted in to help co-comm when they realised they couldn't do it on site

Strange because on Friday night Chris Hollins mentioned in passing that Austin would be trying to get over to Toulon for today. Perhaps things had been sorted out by then but it's still a bit of a strange thing to say if they intended him to be in London off-tubing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    European Rugby Champions Cup - Saturday 13 December (BT Sport 2)

Round 4 - Leinster v Harlequins

Craig Doyle presenting live from the Aviva Stadium alongside Brian O'Driscoll, Ugo Monye and Lawrence Dallaglio.

Commentators: Nick Mullins, Lawrence Dallaglio & Brian O'Driscoll

Reporter: Chris Hollins
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange because on Friday night Chris Hollins mentioned in passing that Austin would be trying to get over to Toulon for today. Perhaps things had been sorted out by then but it's still a bit of a strange thing to say if they intended him to be in London off-tubing it.

Ah ok, that must have been plan B earlier in the day then as talking to a couple of people after the Bath game they were on about plan F!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ok, that must have been plan B earlier in the day then as talking to a couple of people after the Bath game they were on about plan F!

Oh right then, I missed the very start of the build-up and switched off at full time so I probably missed most of this stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right then, I missed the very start of the build-up and switched off at full time so I probably missed most of this stuff.

Unfortunate perils of European weekends for BT I think, surprised it hasn't happened more over the years of European competition really!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    European Rugby Champions Cup - Sunday 14 December (Sky Sports 2)

Alex Payne presenting live from Adams Park alongside Shaun Edwards, Will Greenwood and Alan Quinlan.

Round 4 - Wasps v Castres

Commentators: Johnnie Hammond & Dewi Morris

Round 4 - Clermont Auvergne v Munster

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    European Rugby Champions Cup - Sunday 14 December (BT Sport 2)

Round 4 - Scarlets v Ulster

Craig Doyle in the studio alongside Lawrence Dallaglio and Brian O'Driscoll.

Commentators: Nick Mullins, Kingsley Jones & Matt Dawson

Reporter: Sarra Elgan
  • Options
    nicktrownicktrow Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Track Cycling World Cup - Highlights Saturday 13th December (BBC One)

London - Lee Valley Vellodrome

Jonathan Edwards presenting trackside with Victoria Pendalton and Chris Boardman

Commentators: Simon Brotherton and Chris Boardman

Interviews: Jill Douglas

These were highlights of the three day event which was shown live and delayed in full on the BBC Red Button on Fri 5th, Sat 6th and Sun 7th December. Why the week delay for the highlights I have no idea.
    This programme also included an interview recorded some weeks ago by Jill Douglas with Sir Bradley Wiggins.
  • Options
    coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darts World Champs, is also on Sky2 Tonight, for anyone without SkySports...
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday 19th December - BBC Two Wales

Scrum V Live: Cardiff Blues v Scarlets

Ross Harries presenting from the Cardiff Arms Park alongside Dafydd James and Martyn Williams, with Sean Holley in the analysis truck

Commentators: Gareth Charles, Jonathan Davies and Martyn Williams

Reporter: Phil Steele

I don't think there's a Welsh language alternative commentary available tonight, what with the match not being on Freeview's Red Button.