Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Flying4XFlying4X Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    The Paypal "hideous trousers" advert.

Surely someone throughout the making of this advert would have had the cojones to say to the woman that she looks horrendous in those grey jeans or whatever they are.

The have to be the most unflattering trousers in the entire history of the world!

They are so obviously ghastly, I am surprised they went ahead with the advert.

Hate the Chloe ad too, the dementia one and anything Lorraine Kelly features in.>:(
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone made an advert that's sexist against women and not men for a change.
    sadly that's as close to making progress as we're going to get

Well yeah. Maybe adverts could be non-sexist in both directions.
    Ford learnt their lesson though, with that series of "Aren't men just a bunch of d***s?" adverts for the Focus. Sales crashed when it turned out that d***s were still the primary buyer of cars in most hetero relationships.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advert for Lee Evan's DVD with numerous shots of him dripping in sweat. Not what I want to see when I'm eating.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flying4X wrote: »
    The Paypal "hideous trousers" advert.

Surely someone throughout the making of this advert would have had the cojones to say to the woman that she looks horrendous in those grey jeans or whatever they are.

The have to be the most unflattering trousers in the entire history of the world!

They are so obviously ghastly, I am surprised they went ahead with the advert.

Hate the Chloe ad too, the dementia one and anything Lorraine Kelly features in.>:(

I hadn't noticed the trousers, but her mid Atlantic accent is annoying, Chloe looks underage.
    solare wrote: »
    The advert for Lee Evan's DVD with numerous shots of him dripping in sweat. Not what I want to see when I'm eating.

I can't stand him. I always feel I need a shower after seeing him.:o
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lloyd bank garage/diner loan one. It's not that bad, but it's on so often at the minute.

She can shove her sausage roll where the sun don't shine!
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said. The animal refuges should make complaints about the irresponsibility of this ad. >:(

How is McVities irresponsible? If a child wants a puppy or a kitten or whatever animal it is not going to be because there was a 30 second advert with cute animals on the telly 4 weeks before christmas.

By this logic we would have to ban from November to early January all adverts, programmes and films which feature cute animals.

The reality is that it is the parents who are irresponsible. If the parents are not willing to bring up the puppy/kitten ect, then just tell the child NO!

This is the problem with society today, there is always someone or something (usually a big multi-national company) to blame, when in reality people should take more responsibilities for their own decisions, and save a lot of animals being discarded after christmas.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That new ad for "cheryl" perfume
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayDee279 wrote: »
    Those charity ads ... when they suggest an odd amount of money, like £19 or £7.95, are we supposed to think that this has been carefully costed up by teams of accountants? I just assume my intelligence is being insulted again :-)

I have heard this on LBC during the week - TWO of them (I know this is a TV ad thread) but one has Sir Ian McKellan asking the listener to donate £21.62 :o:confused: for a charity and another one I can't remember, I understand charity and helping others but sometimes asking what seems alot is a bit much and more like daylight robbery!
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is McVities irresponsible? If a child wants a puppy or a kitten or whatever animal it is not going to be because there was a 30 second advert with cute animals on the telly 4 weeks before christmas.

By this logic we would have to ban from November to early January all adverts, programmes and films which feature cute animals.

The reality is that it is the parents who are irresponsible. If the parents are not willing to bring up the puppy/kitten ect, then just tell the child NO!

This is the problem with society today, there is always someone or something (usually a big multi-national company) to blame, when in reality people should take more responsibilities for their own decisions, and save a lot of animals being discarded after christmas.

I very much agree with you. Blame the parents who buy the puppies and kittens, blame the breeders who will sell to any old person, but to blame McVities is silly.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "Pandora" jewelry ad...yet ANOTHER breathless, baby voiced woman simpering through "Wherever Life Takes You"
    I hate this one, you can actually hear her struggling and catching her breath.
    Sick to death of this trend!
    >:(
  • Options
    granny smithgranny smith Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    I very much agree with you. Blame the parents who buy the puppies and kittens, blame the breeders who will sell to any old person, but to blame McVities is silly.

If you opened a packet of biscuits and puppies or kittens popped out you'd shit a brick :o:o:o
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you opened a packet of biscuits and puppies or kittens popped out you'd shit a brick :o:o:o

If anyone is buying food with live puppies or kittens as well as shitting bricks I would have to suggest that they examine their diet.

It needs looking at.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The ad where the camera follows some woman around a city and then exclaims that because she wears perfume she is inspirational. What? Why don't they just be honest and say ' this liquid will make you smell pleasant'. That's all it is really.

Also I don't know if I'm losing the plot here but in the Lidl Jools Holland ad (short version) the music played sounds like 'Happy birthday to you', shouldn't it be a xmas song instead? Maybe it is and I'm hearing it wrong.
  • Options
    Corky DukeCorky Duke Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elite Singles

Because I don't date scum
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member

I'd be furious, puppies and kittens are too big to fit in my coffee mug so are useless for dunking. Although labrador puppies have their uses in the bathroom :D
  • Options
    supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madbid's exchange between postman and smug addressee. Awful voice acting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Eddie Badger;76129356]I'd be furious, puppies and kittens are too big to fit in my coffee mug so are useless for dunking. Although labrador puppies have their uses in the bathroom :D[/QUOTE]

Ah but surely you could fold them up to make them fit your mug-just kidding of course ;-)
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the Famous Grouse and his little tune, also his friend...'a darker character' :D
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    supertalk wrote: »

And awful health and safety standards too - you'll be damaging your back if you carry a big parcel the same way the postie does.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Also I don't know if I'm losing the plot here but in the Lidl Jools Holland ad (short version) the music played sounds like 'Happy birthday to you', shouldn't it be a xmas song instead? Maybe it is and I'm hearing it wrong.
    He's playing "The Christmas Song" ("Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.....") from the 1940's. But your ears aren't playing tricks. The last line of the song has the same melody as "Happy Birthday to You",
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supertalk wrote: »
    Will I be delivering a brand new car?
    No, you won't, you're a Postman!

As for that Chloe advert, creepiest male voice EVER! She looks 12!!!
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The House of Fraser ad where random people attempt to ssing Christmas songs.
  • Options
    I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Richmond sausages ad with the family in awe at them when the "peacekeeper" opens up the case. Who are they trying to kid? Those sausages look disgusting, like the crap you used to get in school dinners years ago. Yuck.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,700
    Forum Member
    I, Candy wrote: »
    The Richmond sausages ad with the family in awe at them when the "peacekeeper" opens up the case. Who are they trying to kid? Those sausages look disgusting, like the crap you used to get in school dinners years ago. Yuck.

Yeah, saussies with 80-90% meat are the best, I pureed sausages >:(
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,987
    Forum Member
    That bloody twee woman in the toothpaste ad.
This discussion has been closed.