Options

Alan Henning's wife sleeping with his sister's husband

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2882260/Widow-ISIS-beheading-victim-Alan-Henning-having-affair-brother-law-held-hostage-terrorists-Syria.html

It's a bit crap of the DM to put this in especially at Christmas, but I think it was poor showing of Alan's wife appearing on the telly when she was at it with his sister's husband.

It's a bit Jeremy Kyle.

Thank God the poor guy didn't know about it.

Comments

• Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    No wonder he went to Syria.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oy Alan! It says here on digitalspy your missus has been sleeping wiv your sister's bloke! Alan! Alan...?
    It's no good, he never answers the phone.
  • Options
    dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's family shite nothing to do with DM or us imo
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Muck-raking... what our noble press can be so good at in lieu of reporting real news.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares? Outside his family and friends
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His poor sister. What a year, your brother murdered and family destroyed.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not very nice for his kids to have to read this.
  • Options
    supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Newspapers, journos and news agencies are shameless muck rakers. WHy are they still in business?
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was just thinking about them, in regards to this. Stay classy, DM.

Grief does funny things. I don't think we should be held to account for our behaviour while grieving in the same way we would were the death not to have occurred.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a lot harder for them to see and live with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we should be held to account for our behaviour while grieving in the same way we would were the death not to have occurred.
    It says she was having the affair before her husband left
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It says she was having the affair before her husband left

Oh. :eek:

That's a bit different.
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supertalk wrote: »
    Newspapers, journos and news agencies are shameless muck rakers. WHy are they still in business?

Sadly because of the very reason that you stated.

You only have to look at the array of gossip type magazines to that there are plenty of people out there who lap up this type of crap.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I know people love to have a reason to attack the Daily Mail, they are just re-reporting her interview in The Sun
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More depths sunk to by the gutter press, although at least 99 of every 100 readers are commenting to the same effect which is some small positive.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2882260/Widow-ISIS-beheading-victim-Alan-Henning-having-affair-brother-law-held-hostage-terrorists-Syria.html

It's a bit crap of the DM to put this in especially at Christmas, but I think it was poor showing of Alan's wife appearing on the telly when she was at it with his sister's husband.

It's a bit Jeremy Kyle.

Thank God the poor guy didn't know about it.

Why post this in GD while criticising the newspaper for publishing it?

I don't know why some people use GD in this way. It's not a news or gossip service. It's not the Newspapers forum. We are all capable of reading The Daily Mail or getting news elsewhere if and when we want it.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not in a relationship with any of the people involved, so I'm gonna make the call that it's none of my business.
  • Options
    Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only purpose this serves is that people can give his sympathies to his children and not his cheating wife.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »

I don't know why some people use GD in this way. It's not a news or gossip service. It's not the Newspapers forum. We are all capable of reading The Daily Mail or getting news elsewhere if and when we want it.

OP didn't get desired mileage out of the last couple of threads he started so he thought he'd go for a something a bit meatier.
  • Options
    bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    The only purpose this serves is that people can give his sympathies to his children and not his cheating wife.

I was thinking that. The sister is the one to put it out there, maybe she has had her fill of people sympathising with the 'loving wife' act while openly shacked up with her ever 'supporting' husband.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    Plus we will never really know if he was the perfect, faithful husband or not ;) It's a win-win for the DM!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    And we need to know this.... why?
  • Options
    Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    And we need to know this.... why?

So no unsuspecting person gives her money
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    oulandy wrote: »

The whole forum is a kind of gossip service, where people pass the time posting about all kinds of banal trivialities. There isn't anything terribly profound or important here.
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,308
    Forum Member
    Oh. :eek:

That's a bit different.

Is it different? Why is it different?

Frankly, it is none of our bloody business. Disgrace to the DM for printing this rubbish.

This is only the business of those involved. The rest of us should shut up and stop being so bloody righteous.

He is without sin...etc.,