Options

Why does this forum never have any debates anymore?

Comments

• Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a tough old debate with DS Forum Support last night. He kept saying his soap is better than my soap and threatened to ban me :(. I just wanted my opinion to be heard :cry:.
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Can I just ask, what happened to Radcliffe?
    I know you all hated him but I found him quite amusing :blush:
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I had a tough old debate with DS Forum Support last night. He kept saying his soap is better than my soap and threatened to ban me :(. I just wanted my opinion to be heard :cry:.

Then you let him lather you up with the old Imperial Leather? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    Can I just ask, what happened to Radcliffe?
    I know you all hated him but I found him quite amusing :blush:

I thought he was hilarious. :D
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radcliffe was amazing. I'm no psychologist, but I truly believe he just had issues with intimacy and had to close down any discussion of a sexual nature by putting up an offensive.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know we had ahem "words" the other day Matt but this is a great thread! :blush::D
    In the interest of the season of goodwill, shall we let bygones be bygones

I was in such a pissy mood the other day (hungover :blush:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Then you let him lather you up with the old Imperial Leather? :D

Haha I deserve to be spoiled :p.

I told him he should ban you instead for sabotaging this forum with your unique brand of comedy :D:).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know we had ahem "words" the other day Matt but this is a great thread! :blush::D

Lucky for you, TK the UN Peacekeeper is here to make sure you and Matt let the bygones be bygones and let the loving be loving :cool:.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luck for you, TK the UN Peacekeeper is here to make sure you and Matt let the bygones be bygones and the let the loving be loving :cool:.

:D:D:D

Are you looking to have a threesome? :o:o:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member

Don't worry I'm used to it, I've argued with everyone on the planet, I can't afford to hold grudges ;-):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I deserve to be spoiled :p.

I told him he should ban you instead for sabotaging this forum with your unique brand of comedy :D:).

I need to be banned. My arms will fall off from all this posting! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Radcliffe was amazing. I'm no psychologist, but I truly believe he just had issues with intimacy and had to close down any discussion of a sexual nature by putting up an offensive.

He was a modern day Victor Meldrew. The characters make the place more interesting. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    Don't worry I'm used to it, I've argued with everyone on the planet, I can't afford to hold grudges ;-):D

Your threads are always really good so I really didn't want to to not be able to post on them :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Your threads are always really good so I really didn't want to to not be able to post on them :p
    Haha thanks :D
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people are more cautious to be honest.

I know I am.

And some posters delight in taking things far too seriously - after all EE is only fictional tv show.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Citadel wrote: »
    There's a lot of nastiness on here nowadays. People take the threads too seriously, they get tribal and they get personal. We're talking about soap operas, not the Middle East or world hunger. In the great scheme of things it is totally insignificant.

I also feel there is a tendency for mods to ban people just because one or two others complain to them because they accuse OPs of trolling, even if there's no evidence to back that up. It's numbers that count on DS, not credibility. There are people on here who get banned for the most ludicrous of reasons, whilst one or two particularly nasty types get away with it time and again unscathed.

At the end of the day, an inconsistent forum cannot expect consistent activity or loyalty.

PS I also think 2014 is the worst year in soap for a very long time. In truth, there just isn't much to talk about.

Well this sums it up for me too ^ ^ especially and sadly the BIB.and it does tend to put me off posting much these days.

I also miss the humour that this forum used to be full of which gave much needed light relief when a debate was being taken far too seriously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few banned/missing posters who I really miss who either made interesting posts or batshit insane but hilarious threads. There was a lightness of touch earlier in the year that has gone. I miss the days of Stick and Max's Diary. :(
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few banned/missing posters who I really miss who either made interesting posts or batshit insane but hilarious threads. There was a lightness of touch earlier in the year that has gone. I miss the days of Stick and Max's Diary. :(

And the Shirleys muff discussion was simply awesome. :D

The lovely Priscilla is one poster I really miss. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some spammer got through one night posting some crap about fake passports or something. The posts we had on that one had me crying with laughter. Shame it was pulled! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah me too and Maurice:(:(:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where were you during the War of Sharon's Muff? >:(

There was a good, healthy debate going on there in that thread. Funny, too :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah me too and Maurice:(:(:(

Yeah where are they????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a good, healthy debate going on there in that thread. Funny, too :-)

This place can be great fun. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This place can be great fun. :D

Definitely and without a doubt, lol :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This place changes their cast quicker than Hollyoaks!