Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Newcastle still relying on the young lad in goal for our match? I hope so :)
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are Newcastle still relying on the young lad in goal for our match? I hope so :)

I hope Fellani is back because I don't fancy Fletcher back in the midfield again. He really has gone.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smalling is fit apparently. That'll calm everyones nerves I'm sure.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Fellani is back because I don't fancy Fletcher back in the midfield again. He really has gone.

He's still missing, sadly:(
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,349
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    Smalling is fit apparently. That'll calm everyones nerves I'm sure.......

If Smalling is back, him into defense and put Jones or Carrick in the middle it's the easy option. I've seen nothing of last Saturday's game, so can't comment on Fletcher's performance, but he's hardly had a chance since September has he with one thing or another. 10 minutes here and there as a sub isn't going to get him match fit and that's what he's missing (as match fit as he'll ever get I guess should be the phrase). He'd been doing OK for us prior to picking up an injury, nothing special like, but doing a job for us.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    But we all know that Fergie can't be called into question right? No matter what he says or does he's perfect for everything he has done for United. He never bought a bad player did he? cough, Viv Anderson, Mal Donkey, Ralph Milne, Jim Leighton, Bebe etc. He never sold players too early? cough Paul McGrath (considering it was the golden boy Robson, who led McGrath and Whiteside astray), Jaap Stam.

I may not be one of Carrick;s biggest fans, but he has been playing well of late, but to suggest he's the best English player around right now is beyond the pale even from Fergie. Form wise he's right up there, but that it, his form.

Now then let's move on from this. I don't wish to jump into the middle of whatever spat you two are having, but it does seem, as with Batdude that people are jumping upon every word of Banana, and from an outsiders point of view, as I wasn't posting much around the time these comments were made, as I was probably in hospital, it's very hostile.

We all have opinions that's correct and we should be able to post them, but let's try and stop the infighting amongst ourselves, yes disagree, but that doesn't have to be down right hostile.

Maybe, just MAYBE, there's a reason why people pull those you've mentioned up on so many things?
    i don't think suggesting that lindegaard be given a chance when de gea was in a bad run of form is laughable at all, i don't really understand why you keep picking on that. are you ever going to let that go mate, you have been banging on about it for months every time i post something you don't like, time to move on...

It was laughable and still is considering last season De Gea was one of the only players to come away with any credibility and was clearly an absolute top class keeper. A few months later and everybody is raving about him being one of the best in the world. You though? Still completely ignored what you said and failed to accept how wrong you were.

Reason why I pull you up so many times? Because you come out with stuff like that and Blind being midtable dross (not "I don't think Blinds good enough" or "I don't want him" but pretty much said "he's sh*t".). And then you're nowhere to be seen when any of these players play well.
    Yeah,but tbf Banana Rama didn't tell Moyes that he was the man.:p:D

I've already had that one ripped out of me, in fairness I probably deserved a hell of a lot more too :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh shite!

We need elbows back,especially with all those pussy cats at the back.

Hope Smalling can start.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But we all know that Fergie can't be called into question right? No matter what he says or does he's perfect for everything he has done for United. He never bought a bad player did he? cough, Viv Anderson, Mal Donkey, Ralph Milne, Jim Leighton, Bebe etc. He never sold players too early? cough Paul McGrath (considering it was the golden boy Robson, who led McGrath and Whiteside astray), Jaap Stam.

I may not be one of Carrick;s biggest fans, but he has been playing well of late, but to suggest he's the best English player around right now is beyond the pale even from Fergie. Form wise he's right up there, but that it, his form.

Now then let's move on from this. I don't wish to jump into the middle of whatever spat you two are having, but it does seem, as with Batdude that people are jumping upon every word of Banana, and from an outsiders point of view, as I wasn't posting much around the time these comments were made, as I was probably in hospital, it's very hostile.

We all have opinions that's correct and we should be able to post them, but let's try and stop the infighting amongst ourselves, yes disagree, but that doesn't have to be down right hostile.

Many of the players you are describing are from donkeys years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be a good idea to help him develop..
    Manchester United are reportedly ready to listen to loan offers for winger Adnan Januzaj ahead of the January transfer window.

The 19-year-old rose to prominence at Old Trafford last season, although he is understood to have been the subject of numerous bids since falling out of favour under new manager Louis van Gaal.
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Maybe, just MAYBE, there's a reason why people pull those you've mentioned up on so many things?

It was laughable and still is considering last season De Gea was one of the only players to come away with any credibility and was clearly an absolute top class keeper. A few months later and everybody is raving about him being one of the best in the world. You though? Still completely ignored what you said and failed to accept how wrong you were.

Reason why I pull you up so many times? Because you come out with stuff like that and Blind being midtable dross (not "I don't think Blinds good enough" or "I don't want him" but pretty much said "he's sh*t".). And then you're nowhere to be seen when any of these players play well.

I've already had that one ripped out of me, in fairness I probably deserved a hell of a lot more too :p

we all get that you disagree with what i said on de gea, you have already driven your point home so many times, how would you like it if i brought up your support for moyes all the time. regarding blind, i hold my hands up to the fact that i exaggerated when describing him as mid table. however i still maintain that he is not starting 11 material for a club like united. my concerns about him before he signed ie. lack of mobility, lack of physical presence have been born out in his performances, carrick at 33 is still better then him in my opinion...
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    we all get that you disagree with what i said on de gea, you have already driven your point home so many times, how would you like it if i brought up your support for moyes all the time

We?

Wouldn't really bother me if you wanted to bring up Moyes all of the time. I've never once denied anything I said about him or hidden away from it. That's pretty much my point. You bring up these outlandish opinions and then are nowhere to be seen and never talk about it again until said person has a single bad game where you'll bring your original point back up.
    regarding blind, i hold my hands up to the fact that i exaggerated when describing him as mid table. however i still maintain that he is not starting 11 material for a club like united. my concerns about him before he signed ie. lack of mobility, lack of physical presence have been born out in his performances, carrick at 33 is still better then him in my opinion...

Fair enough, never had an issue with you saying any of that, was just the midtable dross part.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In these mordern times of 4-2-3-1, 3-5-2, 4-3-1-2, I can't wait to see a straight 4-4-2 again, even if it means putting Roo in midfield (aka The Scholes role - I reckon is going to happen permanently one way or another).
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    In these mordern times of 4-1-2-1,

Is that after picking up a couple red cards? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Is that after picking up a couple red cards? :p

Oops! :D

Blame the wine!
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Nope, let's see if it's revoked then.

Greetings.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,607
    Forum Member

Fellaini is not fit to play.

On a lighter note, LVG has given the lads Christmas Day off! Home with their families so I hope they don't turn up on Boxing Day the worse for wear! :o

On the other hand, they know that if they do misbehave and don't perform well against Newcastle, it will be the first and last time they ever get a day off at Christmas! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Fellaini is not fit to play.

On a lighter note, LVG has given the lads Christmas Day off! Home with their families so I hope they don't turn up on Boxing Day the worse for wear! :o

On the other hand, they know that if they do misbehave and don't perform well against Newcastle, it will be the first and last time they ever get a day off at Christmas! :D

Do you remember when Rooney was left out of the squad around this time a few years back after Fergie didn't he was fit to play?

The season to forget along with last season's shite.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,607
    Forum Member
    Fellaini's been ill though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Fellaini's been ill though.

Come on Afro man,our unlikely heroes Young and Valencia need you .

If we start against Newcastle with Fletcher and Evans we will be in need of another Christmas miracle.:(

In other news, my mum hopefully is well on the way of shaking off a strange myth that Mancunians have to support both blue and red.:o
    She had a selfie with LVG on Sunday at the Manchester Arena (God knows what we call it now phones 4u have folded ) at an Andre Ruie concert.She was Impressed with his smart attire, didn't have a clue who he was at first, probably cajoled into it by my stepdad.

She even went in the United megastore and bought some Utd pyjamas when we did the Santa run at OT a few weeks back.

All those years my (City fan) grandad wasted trying to get my uncles to follow the blues and the Apple of his eye is turning red too.

Yes !
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Unless you are a moderator on this site, I'd suggest that it's up to the two posters involved to reconcile their differences, rather than being ordered to.

If people post in a style that many others find irritating, then they can't be surprised if it's raised. That applies to everyone, myself included.

As for the list of 'crap' players that Ferguson signed, Viv Anderson was a quality player. And Ralph Milne was world class.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,349
    Forum Member
    Unless you are a moderator on this site, I'd suggest that it's up to the two posters involved to reconcile their differences, rather than being ordered to.

If people post in a style that many others find irritating, then they can't be surprised if it's raised. That applies to everyone, myself included.

As for the list of 'crap' players that Ferguson signed, Viv Anderson was a quality player. And Ralph Milne was world class.

One isn't a moderator, one was trying to not bring in said mods, as we all know what happens when they become involved.

Viv Anderson had been a good player, before he came to United, but he was too old and past it when he got here, he shouldn't have got here to be honest. As for Ralph, I honestly do think he helped the then very young Lee Sharpe out a lot, Again a player for whom better days had been seen, Ralph lost it completely at United.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One isn't a moderator, one was trying to not bring in said mods, as we all know what happens when they become involved.

Viv Anderson had been a good player, before he came to United, but he was too old and past it when he got here, he shouldn't have got here to be honest. As for Ralph, I honestly do think he helped the then very young Lee Sharpe out a lot, Again a player for whom better days had been seen, Ralph lost it completely at United.

One doesn't need to bring mods in here things can be sorted out amongst ourselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

don't try to twist what Tribec is saying, he is not making any orders, if he can see someone being singled out unfairly than he is entitled to discuss his feelings on it, he doesn't have to be a moderator to do that. batdude gets the same treatment which is probably why he is rarely on here anymore. yet again JMTD creates a confrontation out of nothing, well done Ebenezer Scrooge, Merry Christmas...
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't try to twist what Tribec is saying, he is not making any orders, if he can see someone being singled out unfairly than he is entitled to discuss his feelings on it, he doesn't have to be a moderator to do that. batdude gets the same treatment which is probably why he is rarely on here anymore. yet again JMTD creates a confrontation out of nothing, well done Ebenezer Scrooge, Merry Christmas...

I'm not 'twisting' anything, especially not what 'she' is saying. She can (and has) responded for herself.

If you feel that you're being victimised, either alert the mods, or reason with whoever you feel victimised by.

Batdude got frequently pulled up because he often spouted utter rubbish. Accusations of 'bullying' are thrown around this forum with hilarious regularity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not 'twisting' anything, especially not what 'she' is saying. She can (and has) responded for herself.

If you feel that you're being victimised, either alert the mods, or reason with whoever you feel victimised by.

Batdude got frequently pulled up because he often spouted utter rubbish. Accusations of 'bullying' are thrown around this forum with hilarious regularity.

unfortunately my conversations with JMTD are like groundhog day, its just ''you said this about de gea and blind'' over and over again, he's been on it for months and still won't drop it even tho it has been discussed to death. if he is going to continue bringing it up at random moments for no apparent reason then the arguments are just going to continue. JMTD is the guy who was still backing Moyes when we were sitting down in 7th/8th and getting battered at home by Liverpool, but do you see me on his case about it every time he posts something, nope...
This discussion has been closed.