Options

Corrie - Anna's behaviour is disgustng

Comments

• Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna is a nasty, chavvy old bag and always has been. She is being true to her original character.

Roy should sack the bitch and give Gary her job. Then he needs to ban Sinead and Mad Mary from the cafe.

The Windarse-Armstrong's need to piss off and the sooner the better.

That is so true.
    Especially annoyed at Mary, the bitter old bag.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught a few minutes of Corrie tonight and was left completely and utterly confused and a little bit angry.

Garreh and Anna in the Kabin being pandered to by Rita?

Mary going on as though Garreh had been the victim of an unprovoked attack?

Rita and Audrey ooh-ing and aah-ing at Roy, standing there like two wet blankets?

Izzy saying that she thinks Anna will 'calm down soon'?

This is exactly why Coronation Street is in such a bad way. Characters have little or no definition and just seem to do whatever suits the storyline. Ten years ago Rita or Audrey would never have gone on like that. Remember when Rita was the victim of Cilla's scam with Chesney? Rita would have told Gary to get out of the Kabin if she was acting as we would expect.

Ridiculous.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught a few minutes of Corrie tonight and was left completely and utterly confused and a little bit angry.

Garreh and Anna in the Kabin being pandered to by Rita?

Mary going on as though Garreh had been the victim of an unprovoked attack?

Rita and Audrey ooh-ing and aah-ing at Roy, standing there like two wet blankets?

Izzy saying that she thinks Anna will 'calm down soon'?

This is exactly why Coronation Street is in such a bad way. Characters have little or no definition and just seem to do whatever suits the storyline. Ten years ago Rita or Audrey would never have gone on like that. Remember when Rita was the victim of Cilla's scam with Chesney? Rita would have told Gary to get out of the Kabin if she was acting as we would expect.

Ridiculous.

Rita wasnt exactly friendly to Anna and Gary in the kabin ?
  • Options
    MisterDuckMisterDuck Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    This is exactly why Coronation Street is in such a bad way. Characters have little or no definition and just seem to do whatever suits the storyline.
    It's called "blackburning." Emmerdale viewers are all too familiar with the syndrome.
  • Options
    Minnie NinjaMinnie Ninja Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    MisterDuck wrote: »
    It's called "blackburning." Emmerdale viewers are all too familiar with the syndrome.

It's been going downhill since he started.

How long did he stay at Emmerdale?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Total scum charaxter in a scum family from the start. The tried to make her nicer but scum rises to the top.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,013
    Forum Member
    Yes, Mary the so-called good friend of Roy's, who only a few years ago tried to sabotage his wedding to Hayley.

Then we needed sneering Tracy Barlow thrown in. Only a few weeks ago we had to bare her bullcrap of Rob being locked up and acting like it was the end of the world, but back to her vile ways in no time. Wish they got rid of this character as well, I don't know how Corrie can justify her presence.

Having said that - Tracey and Amy were two of redeeming features of Corrie tonight!

Roy is just plain getting on my nerves by constantly apologising. If he feels he needs to be punished then he should just go to a Madame Syn type person and pay for 50 lashes!
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    I'd say it was yet more ridiculousness from the writers, no change there then. :(

Agreed - I've just about given up on Corrie. Too many people acting out of character. Anna is supposed to be a sympathetic maternal type, yet she jumps from that to unreasonable harridan in a blink of an eye.

Mary would never turn on a fellow eccentric like Roy. It's ridiculous and not nice to watch. She's far too sensitive to reject someone reaching out to her. Damn the writers:(.............I don't really enjoy watching it anymore.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was a bit of a bitch on the last episode
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Screechy hypocritical vile bitch, Roy should have sacked her and taken on Gary instead. The mutual understanding and forgiveness between Roy and Gary has actually been lovely; numerous other characters could learn a thing or two from them, especially Anna. I was very surprised at Mary, totally out of character.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sour faced Windass committed gross misconduct by leaving the keys she was entrusted with by her employer for his premises lying about. On that basis alone, she should be sacked, especially as this is the second time in only 3 (or so) months that she has put security of the shop at risk (his flat got trashed when she left it to get change from Dev's and put a notice on the - possibly unlocked, I don't think we ever found out for definite - door to say she'd be back in 5 minutes).

Instead, she doesn't even apologise to her employer. What she does do is shout at him, put all the blame on him for her precious son - an ex-con army deserter with a history of aggression and the sole cause of the whole family losing their house, being made bankrupt and losing their business - ending up in hospital.

If I were Roy, she'd be sacked immediately and her entire family banned from the café for life!
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Anna is the one who has come out of this looking worst, at least her scummy son has some kind of regret and has apologised to Roy, she on the other hand, allowed her keys to be taken and for her son to burgle Roy, and has not one jot of remorse for her son .

I hope Owen drops her like a hot brick, I think he is close to it.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like how she went off on Roy, I thought she was very full on and wrong.
    I hope someone gives her some home truths as she's completely out of line most of the time with her ranting and hypocrisy.
    Mary was no better. Both need shaking into reality.
    If Gary is ok with Roy and understands why he did it then Anna and Mary should get a grip.
    Nice to see Gary and the Asian lady (Jasmine?) stand up for Roy last night.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MisterDuck wrote: »

I notice that, when he was ED he did it with Laurel and Ashley.
  • Options
    boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is exactly in character. A nasty spiteful little harridan. Always has been.

Hopefully Carla will give her some home truths when she returns from Los Angeles.

I really hope so. Roy also needs someone to tell him to stop punishing himself, and Carla would probably be the person he would listen to.

I don't understand why the writers have got a character like Yasmeen (who has only been there for 5 minutes) siding with Roy while his so-called friends, Anna and Mary, act like they don't know him or care about him at all.

I really didn't like the way Anna made it sound like she is doing Roy a huge favour going back to work for him.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I must have missed something. I know I'm in a bit of a minority here as I like Anna and find her very "real". What I saw was a mother showing concern for her son and feeling everyone else was against him. I do really like the understanding between Roy and Gary but didn't find Anna's reaction vile or extreme. I imagine that there's a bit of guilt in there that she can't properly provide for the family.

Also found Tracey hilarious. Mary was repulsive though, but then, she always is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boxer1988 wrote: »
    I really hope so. Roy also needs someone to tell him to stop punishing himself, and Carla would probably be the person he would listen to.

I don't understand why the writers have got a character like Yasmeen (who has only been there for 5 minutes) siding with Roy while his so-called friends, Anna and Mary, act like they don't know him or care about him at all.

I really didn't like the way Anna made it sound like she is doing Roy a huge favour going back to work for him.

BIB - exactly! I would think Anna needs Roy (to keep her job) more than he needs her. Would love to see him sack her, Owen dump her, Gary go off with his girlfriend and all she's be left with would be her adopted daughter.
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vile chavvy nasty woman
  • Options
    Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the many reasons why I've stopped watching Corrie - shes a repugnant character. Saw a bit this week and she seriously needs a slap, such a screeching harpy.

I've read through the read, this seems to be another Classic Blackburn storyline which doesn't make sense and infuriates the viewer.

Glad I stopped watching.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    This whole storyline is REALLY p!ssing me off. Roy is such a lovely, kind, gentle man and now some characters are treating him as if he's some kind of uncontrollable, slavering monster!!!!! It just doesn't ring true.

...as I said in another thread he is being treated far worse then Tracey Barlow ever was and she murdered someone in cold blood!
    I think I must have missed something. I know I'm in a bit of a minority here as I like Anna and find her very "real". What I saw was a mother showing concern for her son and feeling everyone else was against him. I do really like the understanding between Roy and Gary but didn't find Anna's reaction vile or extreme. I imagine that there's a bit of guilt in there that she can't properly provide for the family.

Also found Tracey hilarious. Mary was repulsive though, but then, she always is.

I'm in that minority with you as I have always liked watching the character of Anna, not always agreed with her or her actions mind, but I've always found her realistic too......she is also portrayed by a good actress too which adds to her credibility of a character.

Anna's concern for her son is real but too OTT and she annoys the heck out of me when she automatically takes the side of her family rather than trying to see the bigger picture, she's a stubborn outspoken woman and believes in what she believes, she is often wrong, overprotective and makes wrong choices but she loves her family and that is all that matters to her.
    She is unable to see how suffocating her love and protectiveness can distort the truth of what is happening and that is one of her main flaws.....I find her an interesting character and am glad she is in Corrie but she is not someone I would like to ever lock horns with.

Having said all that I am also furious with her for turning so stubbornly on Roy her friend, but unfortunately it is in keeping with her character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    What a lovely atmosphere there's going to be in the cafe! It'll be enough to give you indigestion before your fry up...
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The other night when Owen was talking to Faye and Gary and Fishwife was in the bottom left corner of my beautiful TV, I couldn't bring myself to look at her, I am sick to death of this character having one storyline after the other, there are other characters who I would like to see more of, not her and her heavy breathing, sometimes I think the boom is stuck to her, but it's never in shot.

How she speaks to Owen like it's all his fault, when in fact she and her son had more of a role in bringing the business down. If Gary hadn't have hit Phelan with a bit of wood or Anna hadn't slept with him, they would still have a business :D
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the many reasons why I've stopped watching Corrie - shes a repugnant character. Saw a bit this week and she seriously needs a slap, such a screeching harpy.

I've read through the read, this seems to be another Classic Blackburn storyline which doesn't make sense and infuriates the viewer.

Glad I stopped watching.

Blackburn will be trying to turn her into Elsie Tanner and won't be happy until there is just her and her son left out of the Armstrong/Windass clan
  • Options
    abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna is just awful, and Gary is just a complete idiot who has done nothing but cause the WHOLE family grief since theyve been in it. Hopefully this whole family gets booted out very soon.
    Where's Richard Hillman when you need him!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    oh dear ,poor Anna

I don't like her too :D