Options

2015 celebrities - Who do we think?

Comments

• Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are they, if you don't mind me asking?

I know Catherine Tyldesley from Corrie is desperate to do it but, if rumours are to be believed, ITV ban all of their current soapies from taking part.

1 is in Holyoaks at the moment and 1 is about to leave corrie but not sure when
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,510
    Forum Member
    I can't think who you mean but the only Corrie bod leaving I know of is (she who plays ) Katie. She'd probably be an easier signing than Michelle Keegan but just as good

She or Sammy Winward, ex of Emmerdale, may well turn up.
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That 'danced since the age of four...' plus her marmite personality - I can imagine she'd be her year's 'hate' figure. I hope she never gets her wish to present it though :o
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,407
    Forum Member
    We can expect pretty much every interview with EVERY celeb from now until reveal-time to have a Strictly link.

The celeb does an interview to promote something like an album or TV show.
    The journalist says at the end "By the way, if they asked you, would you do Strictly?"
    Celeb answers in 3 possible ways
    "I'd love to"
    "I'm not sure, it would depend on my schedule"
    "Oh no - I would be hopeless"

You then get one of 3 headlines - relegating what the celeb was promoting in the interview to a comment near the end.

"I'd love to " = Celeb would love to do Strictly
    "I'm not sure, it would depend on my schedule" = Celeb "is in talks with" Strictly producers
    "Oh no - I would be hopeless" = Celeb has "turned down" Strictly bosses
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing this year's line up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    We can expect pretty much every interview with EVERY celeb from now until reveal-time to have a Strictly link.

The journalist says at the end "By the way, if they asked you, would you do Strictly?"
    "I'd love to"

You then get one of 3 headlines - relegating what the celeb was promoting in the interview to a comment near the end.

"I'm not sure, it would depend on my schedule" = Celeb "is in talks with" Strictly producers

True. I think there could be some truth to the Ayda Field story though, as the papers were right about Frankie being lined up to do it the previous year until she found out she was pregnant.
  • Options
    mozamoza Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Now that Miranda is planning to take a year off ... would be great if she did Strictly ... with Aljaz/ Trent as her partner .... would be brilliant .... :D

Oh god, please no.

Not only do I not find her funny anyway, but every single VT would be Oh my, look how clumsy I am, but I love Strictly so much.

I'd rather have Brucie back presenting.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe McElderry seems to be in pantomimes each year now. At the moment he is in Snow White at the Alhambra, Bradford (to much acclaim) and I doubt he would get the time if things go along the same lines.
  • Options
    RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »

Bit of a WAG, has done some acting but not known in the UK. Please, not this far down the food chain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richwood wrote: »
    Bit of a WAG, has done some acting but not known in the UK. Please, not this far down the food chain.

I remember seeing her years ago in Back to You with Kelsey Grammar and she seemed a decent comedy actress but yes, I guess the BBC would see it mainly as an opportunity to get Robbie in VTs/in the audience, like Judy and Andy Murray.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    2015- the year of the Giedroyc surely?
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted Ruth Langsford for this series, never mind the next. Really hope she decides to take up the challenge this time...

In the "senior lady" category, I would love to see Honor Blackman have a go...
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling that a band member from either Westlife or Take That will be on the next season; especially someone from Take that; They have been all over the place a bit lately....someone will probably try to branch out on their own....but I dont think it will be Gary.

I also want to see Jake W...that comedian...he is hilarious and I think that he should be good fun :D

Last year that did terribly IMO by having the Caroline/Pixie/Frankie/ (they're too samey/samey in character, personality.......) in one year.....like other people say they might have troubles signing " big names " this year.....

Someone from Loose Women

I wonder which " controversial " character they might sign this year :confused:...Can you guys imagine Katy Price or Peter Andre :o This forum will have a meltdown :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In the "larger framed sleb that can dance" (aka: the "DS will love them to Week 4 contestant") role - Shaun Williamson or Jodie Prenger.

I'm genuinely astounded Iwan Thomas had never done it and that lantern jawed comedian Katherine Ryan does every panel show going. I'm sure she would be up for it.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »

"I'd love to"

Omg this is so true Lmao :D:D:D
  • Options
    Jorf68Jorf68 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    In the glamourous old lady slot
    Lesley Ann down
    Twiggy
    Jane Asher
    Patrica hodge
    Stephanie powers
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jorf68 wrote: »
    In the glamourous old lady slot
    Lesley Ann down
    Twiggy
    Jane Asher
    Patrica hodge
    Stephanie powers

I'll add Joanna Lumley, Celia Imrie and Dame Penelope Keith to that great list....

(Incidentally, have they ever had a Knight or Dame on before?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    I'll add Joanna Lumley, Celia Imrie and Dame Penelope Keith to that great list....

(Incidentally, have they ever had a Knight or Dame on before?)

They had Esther Rantzen... albeit ten hears before she was be-damed.
  • Options
    SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greg James
    Dave Berry
    Danny Mac
    Matt Johnson
    Mel Giedroyc
    Ruth Langsford
    Geri Halliwell
    Lindsey Coulson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/8203-West-End-8217-s-Jodie-Prenger-staring/story-25832128-detail/story.html

Jodie Prenger throwing her name into the ring. Just for clarity, I don't believe this is a Machiavellian plot by her agent to secure press coverage. I think she'd just quite fancy giving it a go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/8203-West-End-8217-s-Jodie-Prenger-staring/story-25832128-detail/story.html

Jodie Prenger throwing her name into the ring. Just for clarity, I don't believe this is a Machiavellian plot by her agent to secure press coverage. I think she'd just quite fancy giving it a go.

I'm quite surprised she hasn't done it already. Considering they've had her on ITT, she's done Lets Dance for CR and she's surely at least as well known in the UK as Jennifer Gibney or Robbie Williams' wife, you'd think they'd let her on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    I'm quite surprised she hasn't done it already. Considering they've had her on ITT, she's done Lets Dance for CR and she's surely at least as well known in the UK as Jennifer Gibney or Robbie Williams' wife, you'd think they'd let her on.

I guess as she does a lot lf musical theatre, she might not have the time to commit.