Options

hollyoaks E4 Daily Thread 8.1.15 Petrified Porsche

Comments

• Options
    jaijayjaijay Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    How could he have always loved her if he didn't even know she existed until a few months ago?

Good point.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder what the new Domino's Pizza sponsor ads will look like. No doubt we will see plenty of pizza boxes all over the village, as the vO5 products mysteriously disappear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    How did Cameron obtain a motorcycle license when he's been in prison for 14 years?
  • Options
    jay82jay82 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    So whose betting Ziggy & Leela get drunk & sleep together? ;-)
    Leela has gone downhill and it is pathetic Ziggy and her but what's new its HO
    >:(

Can't believe NTA thinks Cameron best new actor WTF????
  • Options
    FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for Cameron, though. Sam framed him and made him spend 14 years in prison (stealing most of his youth) for a crime he didn't commit, just to keep him away from her daughter (as if there weren't other less drastic and criminal ways to achieve that). She never paid for that, and went on merrily with her life while he rotted in jail. If I were Cameron I would have been eaten inside by bitterness and resentment.

Then he goes free, and accidentally causes the death of Sam and Danny. I don't know if in his place I would have spoken out, the fear of going back to prison would have probably kept me silent too.
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    Peri is more upset by her father of 5 minutes leaving than her father (and mother) of 14 years dying!

Hopefully that is the last we see of Cameron, but I really doubt it. If Leela had any sense she would go to the police. The least she should do is make sure Cameron leaves HOs, but as she hasn't gone to the police, Cameron will obviously be back, so why would Leela ever let him stick around?

Is Nancy finally going to do the right thing? Robbie can be such a good character at times, but when he is bad, you just want to hit him.

Diane is bringing up 2 kids on her own... yeah, by her own choice because she wont let the father near them.

I just knew that when Ziggy walked through the door that he and Leela would end up together again. Ziggy is a idiot and is it any wonder that people wont believe that he has true feelings for them, when he so easily moves on and Leela who has taken away any justice and closure for Tegan has now also taken her boyfriend.

I am surprised by Porsche reaction, good to see Trevor, Grace and Dylan finally get their act together. Trevor and Grace are brilliant characters when not involved in crime drama.
  • Options
    Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The word 'love' is cheap throughout Hollyoaks. :(

You declare you love someone & the next minute you bed another. :confused:

Love is more than just saying the words!!! >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jaijay wrote: »
    Why doesn't anyone cry 'real' tears in Hollyoaks?

They all use that stuff to make you cry, it's why it annoys me when people say that crying defines acting. It really doesn't.

I suppose it is a lot harder to cry with the way that they film it.
  • Options
    jay82jay82 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Francy wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Cameron, though. Sam framed him and made him spend 14 years in prison (stealing most of his youth) for a crime he didn't commit, just to keep him away from her daughter (as if there weren't other less drastic and criminal ways to achieve that). She never paid for that, and went on merrily with her life while he rotted in jail. If I were Cameron I would have been eaten inside by bitterness and resentment.

Then he goes free, and accidentally causes the death of Sam and Danny. I don't know if in his place I would have spoken out, the fear of going back to prison would have probably kept me silent too.

But he was happy to frame Ziggy with the van which they have forgotten
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did Cameron obtain a motorcycle license when he's been in prison for 14 years?

He probably took his test in the prison with Will
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    Francy wrote: »

Cameron was involved in a armed robbery, he wasn't completely innocent and it doesn't mean that Cameron is entitled to do whatever he wants, like he seems to think. He went to HOs believing that it was his right to be in a relationship with Leela, be a father to Peri and have a say what went on in their house, whether they liked it or not.
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    Am I missing something here??? Surely, even if Nancy changes her statement Joe would still be arrested for manslaughter (Ric is still dead after all, and as far as they know it was his punch that did for him) until the police find out about the hospital angel of death, if they ever do that is!!!
  • Options
    FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not defending all his actions and saying that he is the best guy. But that probably most people would turn out pretty screwed up by being locked up for so long at such a young age. I would be more surprised if he came back magically well adjusted and a model citizen, given the fact that he spent most of his formative years in jail.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    Peri is more upset by her father of 5 minutes leaving than her father (and mother) of 14 years dying!

Hopefully that is the last we see of Cameron, but I really doubt it. If Leela had any sense she would go to the police. The least she should do is make sure Cameron leaves HOs, but as she hasn't gone to the police, Cameron will obviously be back, so why would Leela ever let him stick around?

Is Nancy finally going to do the right thing? Robbie can be such a good character at times, but when he is bad, you just want to hit him.

The Peri and Cameron thing has never been believable not for one second. Its been a source of major annoyance for me right from the beginning.

Robbie I get its really simple psychology, deep down he feels responsible for his dads death. He was wrong about Nancy and wrong about why his dad was so upset on the night of his death. He can't face that so he blames Joe for everything. If Nancy wasn't so messed up she would understood and never have indulged Robbie in the first place.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    Am I missing something here??? Surely, even if Nancy changes her statement Joe would still be arrested for manslaughter (Ric is still dead after all, and as far as they know it was his punch that did for him) until the police find out about the hospital angel of death, if they ever do that is!!!

Unless the police believe it was a justified defense of another person. Which is possible under the circumstances.
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    What happened to that ghost of Cameron's past who had showed for an episode?
    paton1983 wrote: »
    I jus presumed I missed some episodes. If not, that was quickly dropped (did he even get his money?).
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    That's a bloody good point. I know the guy who played him is known to be a nightmare, he was in shameless and after that celeb Hell's Kitchen I think...either way he got binned from one of them cause of real life crimes. He just seems to pop up in waterloo road or Ho for a few eps as a hard nutt then disappears.
    I don't remember him getting the money. I remember Cameron putting it all down on the boxing match and losing.
    That's the last I remember. Very strange

Very strange indeed!!!!! A bit like Trevor and those diamonds - one minute he's so desperate to find them he's threatening to rain merry hell down on Blessing the next everything's hunky dory. Another example of Hollyoaks forgetting to remember stuff (a.k.a absolutely atrocious continuity!)
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron was involved in a armed robbery, he wasn't completely innocent and it doesn't mean that Cameron is entitled to do whatever he wants, like he seems to think. He went to HOs believing that it was his right to be in a relationship with Leela, be a father to Peri and have a say what went on in their house, whether they liked it or not.

I agree with this. Cameron is the absolute worst kind of man; he's no better than Sonny Valentine. Even though Leela had a boyfriend, and no matter how many times she said "no" to him, he kept pursuing and harassing her. It makes me sick to my stomach that the show went along with this, having her "fall in love" with Cameron and get back together with him (as well as pairing Ziggy up with Tegan to get him out of the way) as if Cameron hadn't steamrollered his way back into her life after fourteen years like nothing happened. Cameron treats Leela like his property and that is not cute or romantic. I agree it's maybe not realistic to expect him to be perfectly sane and adjusted after so long in jail, but I also feel there must have been something not quite right about him to begin with for Sam to take the action she took
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    The Peri and Cameron thing has never been believable not for one second. Its been a source of major annoyance for me right from the beginning.

Robbie I get its really simple psychology, deep down he feels responsible for his dads death. He was wrong about Nancy and wrong about why his dad was so upset on the night of his death. He can't face that so he blames Joe for everything. If Nancy wasn't so messed up she would understood and never have indulged Robbie in the first place.

Thank you! I completely agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with this. Cameron is the absolute worst kind of man; he's no better than Sonny Valentine. Even though Leela had a boyfriend, and no matter how many times she said "no" to him, he kept pursuing and harassing her. It makes me sick to my stomach that the show went along with this, having her "fall in love" with Cameron and get back together with him (as well as pairing Ziggy up with Tegan to get him out of the way) as if Cameron hadn't steamrollered his way back into her life after fourteen years like nothing happened. Cameron treats Leela like his property and that is not cute or romantic. I agree it's maybe not realistic to expect him to be perfectly sane and adjusted after so long in jail, but I also feel there must have been something not quite right about him to begin with for Sam to take the action she took

Whoever is writing this seems to have gotten obsession and love seriously mixed up, It annoys me because they seem to think Leela and Cameron are a good couple and they should be a cute little family with Peri when really Cameron is just a cheap and badly written/acted Niall.

They should just bring Niall back, he was a good villain.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwertye wrote: »
    Whoever is writing this seems to have gotten obsession and love seriously mixed up, It annoys me because they seem to think Leela and Cameron are a good couple and they should be a cute little family with Peri when really Cameron is just a cheap and badly written/acted Niall.

They should just bring Niall back, he was a good villain.

They can't bring him back because he's dead.

Although that didn't stop them from bringing back Warren from the dead but that was during the Paul Marquess era.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really annoyed about the spoiler about
    Leela keeping the Cameron secret to herself.
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Seriously? Leela keeping Cameron killing her parents a secret? Whatever his reasons are, those are still your parents who you love.

I think this is because she is worried about Peri would feel if she knew Cameron was behind Sam and Danny's deaths.
    What did Leela tell the police on the phone? Surely they wouldn't travel to a remote cottage without a reasonable explanation

She dropped the phone before saying anything. I think the police turned up in case anyone there had been in danger but unable to speak for fear of violence or anything worse.
    Tegan should probably tell Grace that Dee Dee is actually her half sister, not Rose.

Tegan realises this concerns Diane much more. Tegan and Grace do not get on well as it is, and Tegan prefers to tell Diane if anyone. She just feels awkward about having dropped that dvd through Diane's letterbox. I doubt Diane has seen it yet though.
    Where is Peri going on that bus?

Probably just to reflect on her feelings, and maybe bump into Cameron away from Holyoaks. As she has his mobile number she can text him and maybe meet up again. In fact, I think that's what tomorrow's spoiler will be about.
    That was nice of Porsche. If it was Mercedes she'd rip Dylan apart.

Diane is bringing up 2 kids on her own... yeah, by her own choice because she wont let the father near them.

I just knew that when Ziggy walked through the door that he and Leela would end up together again. Ziggy is a idiot and is it any wonder that people wont believe that he has true feelings for them, when he so easily moves on and Leela who has taken away any justice and closure for Tegan has now also taken her boyfriend.

I am surprised by Porsche reaction, good to see Trevor, Grace and Dylan finally get their act together. Trevor and Grace are brilliant characters when not involved in crime drama.

This could round off the Cameron storyline. However, as he is in the opening sequence and his brother is in HO, I doubt he has been written out yet.

Yes, Porsche was really charitable to forgive Dylan. I think she just wants to be spared the aggro really.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't they done a bl!!dy autopsy on whathisname to find out how he died? Joe's being locked up on remand is totally ridiculous >:(>:(
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is because she is worried about Peri would feel if she knew Cameron was behind Sam and Danny's deaths.

She dropped the phone before saying anything. I think the police turned up in case anyone there had been in danger but unable to speak for fear of violence or anything worse.

Tegan realises this concerns Diane much more. Tegan and Grace do not get on well as it is, and Tegan prefers to tell Diane if anyone. She just feels awkward about having dropped that dvd through Diane's letterbox. I doubt Diane has seen it yet though.

Probably just to reflect on her feelings, and maybe bump into Cameron away from Holyoaks. As she has his mobile number she can text him and maybe meet up again. In fact, I think that's what tomorrow's spoiler will be about.

This could round off the Cameron storyline. However, as he is in the opening sequence and his brother is in HO, I doubt he has been written out yet.

Yes, Porsche was really charitable to forgive Dylan. I think she just wants to be spared the aggro really.

I don't think Cameron is going anywhere anytime soon...
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwertye wrote: »
    They all use that stuff to make you cry, it's why it annoys me when people say that crying defines acting. It really doesn't.

I suppose it is a lot harder to cry with the way that they film it.

They definitely don't all use tear stick to bring tears. It is a matter of committment
  • Options
    HumptyDumpyHumptyDumpy Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    Very strange indeed!!!!! A bit like Trevor and those diamonds - one minute he's so desperate to find them he's threatening to rain merry hell down on Blessing the next everything's hunky dory. Another example of Hollyoaks forgetting to remember stuff (a.k.a absolutely atrocious continuity!)

Oh yeah! I had forgotten about those.