Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ranvir will be reporting from Paris tomorrow about the terror attack
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Ask on the ratings thread, I am sure it was at least a million more than GMB it always is. There viewing figures are very stable. Seems they have the same sleep patterns and get up to watch Breakfast.

You can't try to defend IITV breakfast you know the ratings are poor.

We had TVAM, GMTV, Daybreak1 and Daybreak2 and now GMB with three presenters poached with big cheque books and all failed.

Woah, calm down. I only asked what breakfast got, no need for that over the top rant. Do you think you are a tad obsessed?
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Every time I switch to GMB from the BBC (which admittedly isn't very often) I get:

1. Adverts
    2.Promos for their competition
    3. Fawning showbiz interviews by either Ross King or the other camp fellow
    4. News which seems to be way behind what the BBC or Sky is reporting

No doubt you are tuning in especially to see those items.

This thread hit a new low making a fuss over the rating in two five minute slots at 5:55 and 6:00, in BARB terms such a tiny difference probably amounts to one person going to the toilet.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Woah, calm down. I only asked what breakfast got, no need for that over the top rant. Do you think you are a tad obsessed?

That's not a top rant! It's not even second gear. ! :):)
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it a waste that fantastic studio is wasted and only used on GMB.
  • Options
    Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    No doubt you are tuning in especially to see those items.

This thread hit a new low making a fuss over the rating in two five minute slots at 5:55 and 6:00, in BARB terms such a tiny difference probably amounts to one person going to the toilet.
    Woah, calm down :D Simon_Gerald posted the figures for 5.55 am 127k (10.6%) and the 6am GMB 120k (9%). 2 posters commented on these figures, one was Ftv who made a joke and in my comment I acknowledged the change was only slight yet for some reason you claim this is making a fuss and a new low :confused: Also your point about one person going to the toilet may be correct but moot because that is how BARB works i.e. calculating mathematically accurate audience figures within a small margin of error from a small number of boxes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ranvir will be reporting from Paris tomorrow about the terror attack
    Shocking news but I am sure Ranvir will do a good job as always. One of the PR experts on GMB yesterday were saying that Prince Andrew will be praying for a big news event to take him off the front pages.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about a sweepstakes,

When will GMB have another revamp?

I claim April 2015.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about a sweepstakes,

I claim April 2015.

If they last long enough for some sunshine I reckon they will hammer the Southbank this year. They will be like Romanian Gypsies permanently camped there.
  • Options
    YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob_Knoobb wrote: »
    If they last long enough for some sunshine I reckon they will hammer the Southbank this year. They will be like Romanian Gypsies permanently camped there.

Ha Haa! I was just thinking that earlier. I bet they're praying for wall to wall sunshine this summer
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bob_Knoobb wrote: »

I think it will be great to see how sunny it is in London while it is peeing it down in Scotland.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    How about a sweepstakes,

I claim April 2015.

What will the "revamp" be though? Knowing their past history they will change the colour of a sofa and maybe switch the day a certain talking head presenter presents and be aghast at the mystery of why the viewers haven't flocked back yet.
  • Options
    Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and for those of you that think that John Stapleton has left Good Morning Britain, he has not because the Radio Times website promoting GMB for friday said John Stapleton is Presenting so it mean john is not leaving GMB or itv anytime soon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and for those of you that think that John Stapleton has left Good Morning Britain, he has not because the Radio Times website promoting GMB for friday said John Stapleton is Presenting so it mean john is not leaving GMB or itv anytime soon

yeah. Love John wish he was the main presenter rather than Ben
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    yeah. Love John wish he was the main presenter rather than Ben

Agreed. A fantastic, and often underrated, broadcaster.
  • Options
    simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fridays line up Susanna,Kate,John and sean.

Without trying to sound to mean about Ben,but with what's happened in France would rather see John presenting tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Without trying to sound to mean about Ben,but with what's happened in France would rather see John presenting tomorrow.

I agree. Was just thinking that. I'm glad that ITN/ITV are raising Ranvir's profile by sending her to France, but I expected John to be there. If John's in the studio tomorrow, then it speaks volumes about Ben, and ITV. I really like Ben - he's very entertaining. But time and again, he's proved that he's out of his depth with heavy news.
  • Options
    AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about a sweepstakes,

I claim April 2015.

I'm expecting the presenters to be in an earthquake or tidal wave to boost ratings.

Or Ben has an evil twin. Oops wrong show, but that resorted to desperate stunts to boost ratings.

Actually Birds of a Feather might end sending half the cast on an island if their ratings don't pick up.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some bizarre reason Kay Burley popped up on Sky Sunrise co-presenting from Paris, Eamonn didn't look very happy about it. Is it in her contract that she has to attend all major disasters ? Very surprised BBC Breakfast missed a trick by not sending one of their presenters as Huw Edwards was there last night for the 6 and 10.
  • Options
    Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YaffiYuk wrote: »
    Agreed. A fantastic, and often underrated, broadcaster.

john is fantastic, shame that sean is not ben's stand in
  • Options
    kelvokelvo Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I must have dreamt I posted a reply yesterday about the line up for today :confused:

Odd that Susanna has done all week when she doesn't normally and Charlotte is off tomorrow then.

Having watched up to about 7 am so far this week, they do seem to be bringing in Sean to sit on the end before he does his sports bit so he is involved but still looks a bit cramped with four on that new desk.

If they've sent Ranvir to France then did they change the line up at the last minute?

From what I've seen this week, Charlotte's definitely got less of the air time as she seems to do just the news headlines. There seems to be a lot of chopping and changing from desk to sofa and back again - including Ben and Susanna standing up for a quick intro at about 7 after a new set of credits, almost as though there is part 1 & part 2. Do we really need the name banners again after they've already been introduced - haven't forgotten them already?

Looking at the way they're running it now, then are they not going replace Charlotte directly but just use a combination of Susanna, Kate and Ranvir.
  • Options
    kelvokelvo Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any guesses as to the line up tomorrow? The line up seems to have been re-jigged with the "refresh" so is it likely to be Kate and Ranvir - assuming she's not still in France?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kelvo wrote: »
    Any guesses as to the line up tomorrow? The line up seems to have been re-jigged with the "refresh" so is it likely to be Kate and Ranvir - assuming she's not still in France?

Kate, Susanna and John. I think Susanna has came in due to Ranvir being in France
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate is being used a bit more than Charlotte today as she is doing the Sugar free thing with Susanna.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    For some bizarre reason Kay Burley popped up on Sky Sunrise co-presenting from Paris, Eamonn didn't look very happy about it. Is it in her contract that she has to attend all major disasters ? Very surprised BBC Breakfast missed a trick by not sending one of their presenters as Huw Edwards was there last night for the 6 and 10.

Why is it bazzare. It's typical of a broadcaster to send one of their main presenters to the location of a major story.

Then you go and say it's surprising the BBC Breakfast show didn't have a main face?

I highly doubt they would have got Eamonn there...?