Options

How do vegans get rid of headlice?

Comments

• Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stand next to Russell Brand or some bloke with a huge beard and give them a chance to live in a far more varied habitat.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    LINK
    Easy when you know how.;-)
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some kind of sabre perhaps? Maybe a chainsaw? A scythe if you're feeling particularly adventurous.

The advantage of this method is you can also trim your toenails saving you time and money.

HTH :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Some kind of sabre perhaps? Maybe a chainsaw? A scythe if you're feeling particularly adventurous.

The advantage of this method is you can also trim your toenails saving you time and money.

HTH :)

That would kill them though. :o:(

I think the only real solution is to live with them as a man and beast harmonious relationship. Perhaps later adding in a few crabs to the nether regions to balance out the ying and the yang and you can then finally be at one with mother nature as she intended.
  • Options
    MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think most vegans would say 'we kill the little bastards!'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

no that is how vegans dispatch trolls.;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stand next to Russell Brand or some bloke with a huge beard and give them a chance to live in a far more varied habitat.

Brian Blessed? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    They pick them off and release them into the wild.

A thumbs up smiley is needed here!

This thread has made me laugh till I cry.

I love DS sometimes... :p
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt vegans care about medical conditions such as lice, worms, scabies etc.
  • Options
    DreamRJDreamRJ Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They do care, they care about all living things...

It is a tough question to answer, but maybe there is some vagans just use nit killer, but some might just try and pick them out then release them somehow, who knows??
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    I used to ask Buddhists this as they aren't meant to kill any sentient beings, but they all said they would use nit lotion.

That's Jains if your talking about all followers of a religion., I don't think, for example, samurai who followed zen buddhism had a problem with killing itself. It was how it was done which concerned them. In general it's the nature of the relationship we have with living things/existance which is of concern in buddhism, it's not an absolute. Some schools of buddhism would think the same as Jains about killing, but for slightly different reasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreamRJ wrote: »
    They do care, they care about all living things...

It is a tough question to answer, but maybe there is some vagans just use nit killer, but some might just try and pick them out then release them somehow, who knows??

I think most would care about their own welfare first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is there any point in releasing lice, or parasitic worms back to nature?
    They won't survive without a host.
  • Options
    Blood_MeridienBlood_Meridien Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I sneak into London zoo at night and sit with the chimps. They pick the lice out of my hair and eat them. I thank them but give them a stern lecture on the health pitfalls of their omnivorous ways.
  • Options
    VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Off topic but just wondered how your month of veganism is going?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vulpes wrote: »
    Off topic but just wondered how your month of veganism is going?

First few days were a nightmare, far more difficult than I anticipated I was so bloody miserable, but 12 days in its pretty easy. I am hungry ALL the time though, meals without meat don't fill me up for long. I haven't lost any gym strength so far, which is good :)
  • Options
    pamuelapamuela Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a very heated debate with my vegetarian sister in law and brother some years ago, when I mentioned in conversation I had killed a wasp that was dive-bombing me in my kitchen. Said SIL gave me a right bo******ing and told me she never killed any living creature, and that I should have shooed it out instead.
    At the time they were childless, with no plans to procreate. I asked them how they would deal with the eventuality of head lice, worms or other parasitic pest in children, and their reply was they would use herbal remedies only and further, they would not consider any form of inoculation due to the fact that animal testing was factored into the testing of vaccines.
    Fast forward 12 years and three children later..............all children are fully vaccinated, have been treated many times for head lice and their house always has a slight whiff of lice lotion. Real life is a great reality check :)
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    abarthman wrote: »
    I think you were very much alone with that interpretation of the question.

This is an interesting question and must separate the hardcore vegans from the fair-weather vegans.

Does the lice-comb kill the lice? If not, repeated use of a lice-comb and then release into the wild would be my guess.

Only if the vegans remove the lice by eating them.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I think they just rub their head with Quorn and hope for the best. Failing that, they use Mo Farah as a nit comb.

Quorn is not vegan ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quorn has egg and/or dairy in it, although they do have some vegan products in the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Quorn is not vegan ;)

I am amazed how much vegetarian food has milk or egg derivatives in them. Some of the Linda Mccartney stuff is pretty tasty though.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sort of 'charm' them by playing pan pipes and then catch them in a hanky and er...give them to a passing er....dog?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mudbox wrote: »
    Quorn has egg and/or dairy in it, although they do have some vegan products in the US.
    http://www.quorn.us/products/43/vegan-burger
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    They use neem oil.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pamuela wrote: »
    i had a very heated debate with my vegetarian sister in law and brother some years ago, when I mentioned in conversation I had killed a wasp that was dive-bombing me in my kitchen. Said SIL gave me a right bo******ing and told me she never killed any living creature, and that I should have shooed it out instead.
    At the time they were childless, with no plans to procreate. I asked them how they would deal with the eventuality of head lice, worms or other parasitic pest in children, and their reply was they would use herbal remedies only and further, they would not consider any form of inoculation due to the fact that animal testing was factored into the testing of vaccines.
    Fast forward 12 years and three children later..............all children are fully vaccinated, have been treated many times for head lice and their house always has a slight whiff of lice lotion. Real life is a great reality check :)

:D Lol. I like this story of wisdom gained.

The only proper way of dealing with head lice is as follows. Cover the hair with conditioner (this bit is sensible) and comb them out. Then, because they will be incapacitated by the conditioner, wash them all carefully in warm, soapy water. Unfortunately the warm, soapy water strips them of their natural oils, so while they are recovering, put each louse in a tiny jumper, which you knit for them. Once they appear to be capable of independent life, set up an eco-system in a tank for them with a controlled temperature and feeding stations which you regularly topup with human blood (your own, naturally). As they become old and infirm, make sure that gradients are kept shallow, if necessary building tiny ramps for them to get up and down.