Options

Birmingham is a no go area to non-Muslims (apparently)

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    I think atheism and the rest is growing faster. But I don't know how to get that into a fancy word. Atheisification?

Secularisation? :D

Long may that continue, if you ask me.
  • Options
    zahavizahavi Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does that include the qualified doctors, lawyers and surgeons ?

they tend to get out of the slums and move to the suburbs.
  • Options
    pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again this is just wrong. Honestly, people really need to wake up and stop relying on easy assumptions:
    If you don't stop doing things like conflating "Muslims want Britain to use Sharia law" with "Muslims want *Muslims in Britain* to use Sharia law", people might start to think you have an agenda or something.
    DianaFire wrote: »
    I think atheism and the rest is growing faster. But I don't know how to get that into a fancy word. Atheisification?
    Atheistication? Something like that - and yeah, it's a far more likely outcome. :D

Also, despite what most of you on this thread seem to think, Sharia law isn't one list of laws that all Muslims must follow. It's a way of making law - the different "Sharia countries" all have differences in their laws. So talking about "Sharia law taking over" or "X happens in countries with Sharia law" is just showing off your ignorance.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Secularisation? :D

Long may that continue, if you ask me.

That's a good word and its growth is a good state of affairs. We need the balance.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    pickwick wrote: »
    If you don't stop doing things like conflating "Muslims want Britain to use Sharia law" with "Muslims want *Muslims in Britain* to use Sharia law", people might start to think you have an agenda or something.

Atheistication? Something like that - and yeah, it's a far more likely outcome. :D

Also, despite what most of you on this thread seem to think, Sharia law isn't one list of laws that all Muslims must follow. It's a way of making law - the different "Sharia countries" all have differences in their laws. So talking about "Sharia law taking over" or "X happens in countries with Sharia law" is just showing off your ignorance.

Muslims such as Choudry will refer to all non-Muslims as infidels, unbelievers and kafir. The same applies to Muslims in other countries who lump the West in one infidel basket.
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,818
    Forum Member
    paul2307 wrote: »
    Come to Birmingham and I'll show you Alum Rock Saltley Sparkhill and Sparkbrook then tell me what country you're in
    MrQuike wrote: »
    That sounds a lot like Sparkhill.

You mean Sparkhill. With the Tesco, Pubs and Ladbrooks and all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muslims such as Choudry will refer to all non-Muslims as infidels, unbelievers and kafir. The same applies to Muslims in other countries who lump the West in one infidel basket.

Good job these fundamentalists have been denounced by mainstream Muslim leaders.
  • Options
    zahavizahavi Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    Come to Birmingham and I'll show you Alum Rock Saltley Sparkhill and Sparkbrook then tell me what country you're in

they're dominated by Muslims because of "white flight".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And they're your role models, are they?
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    And they're your role models, are they?

He's a role model to the 200 Muslims who paraded through London wanting Shariah Law.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

Does that include the 28% who dream of Britain becoming an Islamic State? (that's about 800,000 individuals as a share of the muslim population).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that include the 28% who dream of Britain becoming an Islamic State? (that's about 800,000 individuals as a share of the muslim population).
    Moving the goalposts again? I was comparing what you claimed with what the stats you gave actually said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a role model to the 200 Muslims who paraded through London wanting Shariah Law.
    OK, I have no idea what that has to do with anything I said.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stats call 'bollocks' on the Islamification of UK argument.

They certainly show that anyone who lives in N Ireland doesn't have the relevant experience to be lecturing others about the subject.

Last time I was there, curry came with half rice/half chips as standard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Moving the goalposts again? I was comparing what you claimed with what the stats you gave actually said.

British law is British law and Sharia has no place in the UK, whether muslims want it only for themselves or for everyone. That's why the distinction you made is largely irrelevant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    They certainly show that anyone who lives in N Ireland doesn't have the relevant experience to be lecturing others about the subject.

Last time I was there, curry came with half rice/half chips as standard.

Not sure of the relevance of that. Besides, when I go for a curry, I get a choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The overall stats about how many immigrants there are in England doesn't necessarily mean English people Know Better. Stats have shown that Ukip support and dislike for immigration are both highest in the areas with lowest immigration - and some of them have REALLY low immigration. Rochester & Strood has under 3%, and that includes all immigrants, not just "Muslims".

http://www.cityam.com/1414419679/ukip,-mapped-nigel-farage-most-popular-in-areas-with-the-fewest-immigrants
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British law is British law and Sharia has no place in the UK, whether muslims want it only for themselves or for everyone. That's why the distinction you made is largely irrelevant.
    Actual LOL, because there's no such thing as British law. There's English law (which Wales also uses, though less so these days), Scottish law and NI law.

And I would think whether non-Muslims would be forced to use Sharia law is fairly relevant as to whether we should worry about it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The overall stats about how many immigrants there are in England doesn't necessarily mean English people Know Better. Stats have shown that Ukip support and dislike for immigration are both highest in the areas with lowest immigration - and some of them have REALLY low immigration. Rochester & Strood has under 3%, and that includes all immigrants, not just "Muslims".

http://www.cityam.com/1414419679/ukip,-mapped-nigel-farage-most-popular-in-areas-with-the-fewest-immigrants

Would you expect most immigrants to support UKIP?? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actual LOL, because there's no such thing as British law. There's English law (which Wales also uses, though less so these days), Scottish law and NI law.

And I would think whether non-Muslims would be forced to use Sharia law is fairly relevant as to whether we should worry about it...

I'm well aware of the regional differences in the law :)
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    This is actually quite funny, americans really like to live up to stereotypes.

Unfortunately i never met this special muslim police in London, i very much like to now, maybe im missing something great. I can safely say there is not a single area of London i would consider a no go zone.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To address a few points in this thread:

Proportionately, there are far more female converts to Islam than male in the UK. So I don't buy the line that many Muslim women are leaving the religion due to it's stance on woman. For some reason it's appealing to more women than men. A Muslim man can marry women from other religions but Muslim women can't, so it can't just be just because of pressure from the Muslim partners of these women who convert.

Sharia law does not require a raped woman to marry her attacker to regain honour. It also allows women the vote and has done for centuries. Therefore Saudi Arabia is not practising Sharia Law.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you expect most immigrants to support UKIP?? :D
    You know what, I'd actually rather do some work than try to explain basic stats and polling to you, when you obviously have earplugs in on the subject anyway :D
    I'm well aware of the regional differences in the law :)
    Uh-huh.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    You mean Sparkhill. With the Tesco, Pubs and Ladbrooks and all.

lol at convenience store and Ladbrooks. I don't know if anyone gambles in Ladbrookes anymore. Four pubs is a poor show.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure of the relevance of that. Besides, when I go for a curry, I get a choice.

It shows how staggeringly monocultural Ulster is.

There wasn't an Asian person in sight in the place I'm referring to (Derry). It was a very weird experience.

If I'd been born, bred and lived there, I would probably have the same opinion as you. Try living in a ward that's 52.7% muslim for a few years (especially as a gay man) and see if your view changes a little.