Options

The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even more.>:(
    Maybe you should follow me and stop watching?
    What a sad and sorry way for Katie, to be bowing out.:cry:

You have stopped watching just when Emmer's is getting good again.:D
    Cain has a brain condition.
    Cain and Charity have been great.
    Despite what I said about Katie, there were some entertaining scenes in the Wollie, with Alicia telling her and Chas off for gossiping and Robert getting one over Katie was funny and well done. It looks like Andy is starting to get annoyed with Katie.:o
    Pearl has been a laugh.
    Laurel is getting drunker by the day.
    David and Alicia have an interesting story kicking off.

Atm, the shows a good mix with something for everyone.:)
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :):):)

:D:D:D

Bravo!!
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    stellers wrote: »
    You have stopped watching just when Emmer's is getting good again.:D
    Cain has a brain condition.
    Cain and Charity have been great.
    Despite what I said about Katie, there were some entertaining scenes in the Wollie, with Alicia telling her and Chas off for gossiping and Robert getting one over Katie was funny and well done. It looks like Andy is starting to get annoyed with Katie.:o
    Pearl has been a laugh.
    Laurel is getting drunker by the day.
    David and Alicia have an interesting story kicking off.

Atm, the shows a good mix with something for everyone.:)

I enjoyed all of that too.

And I also liked the bit where Noah told his Mum he wanted to stay with Cain if she goes away.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Charity lost her hairbrush? She looked like she had soent the night in a hedge.
  • Options
    dobby's bludgerdobby's bludger Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Charity lost her hairbrush? She looked like she had soent the night in a hedge.
    ha! ha!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron is such an easy lay.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »

she thinks Pearl is a werewolf. :D
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stellers wrote: »
    So Katie ends up being the but of the joke yet again.
    Kate Oates says Katie is ''the girl next door type'' so why have they treated her more like she is a baddie who needs a bit of payback:confused:
    Slappped with Sausages. Pasta on head. Face burned by devil girl. Village Bike on wedding ring and now another public humiliation.

I was hoping the writing would be a bit more sympathetic for her leaving story but the exact opposite appears to be happening.:( It's a bit like the way Amy departed in a negative way.:(

Serves her right, she shouldn't have been going through Roberts phone in the first place, or accusing Alicia. She is far too holier than thou for someone with her past.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serves her right, she shouldn't have been going through Roberts phone in the first place, or accusing Alicia. She is far too holier than thou for someone with her past.

You're merciless!

But I couldn't agree more.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit disappointed we aren't seeing much of John Bowe.
    I was happy he had been cast because he's a good actor, but so far the inferior actors playing his daughter and grandson seem to be getting more screen time.
    Come on Emmerdale, even if he's only on the outside of what's going on in their scenes, have him there and give him a few lines.

As well as letting viewers watch a class act at work, he is someone the others can learn from by watching him work.

Oh Dear, Charity's love for Cain is rising to the surface again isn't it?
    Oh Dear.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis Centrals review and analysis

The many theories of Kwynne.part 1

Theory 1 Adam is trying to get environmental health the close the wollpack and make Victoria lose her job. How else can you explain his constrant scruffy beard and dirty shoes traipsing round those kitchen, then he brought a dog into the kitchen causing Victoria to foget to wash her hands. Then he cooks naked in their and then has sex with Victoria on the woolpack floor

Theory 2 In recent years Cain has been far more wimpy since Zak bashed his brains in 3 years ago, what if thats purely because of Larry the Aneurism, what if once Larry is fixed the old nasty and hates everybody Cain returns, after all Brenda went back to being Bland and boring once Oliver the Brain tumour was removed.
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was happy he had been cast because he's a good actor, but so far the inferior actors playing his daughter and grandson seem to be getting more screen time.
    Come on Emmerdale, even if he's only on the outside of what's going on in their scenes, have him there and give him a few lines.

As well as letting viewers watch a class act at work, he is someone the others can learn from by watching him work.

Oh Dear, Charity's love for Cain is rising to the surface again isn't it?
    Oh Dear.

Hopefully, Lawrence will get more to do once Robert's current stories come to
    an end.
    I'd like to see Lawrence and Rondey become mates
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see another sharing of s/l between ED and Corrie.

Devil child #1 Gabby tells April that Pearl is a witch

Devil child #2 Amy tells dopey Faye that she see dead people.Do they have the same (abominably useless) writers?
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Analysis Centrals review and analysis

The many theories of Kwynne.part 1

Theory 1 Adam is trying to get environmental health the close the wollpack and make Victoria lose her job. How else can you explain his constrant scruffy beard and dirty shoes traipsing round those kitchen, then he brought a dog into the kitchen causing Victoria to foget to wash her hands. Then he cooks naked in their and then has sex with Victoria on the woolpack floor

Theory 2 In recent years Cain has been far more wimpy since Zak bashed his brains in 3 years ago, what if thats purely because of Larry the Aneurism, what if once Larry is fixed the old nasty and hates everybody Cain returns, after all Brenda went back to being Bland and boring once Oliver the Brain tumour was removed.

BIB: :D:D:D

Correct about Adam and Victoria. If I'd been Alicia I wouldn't have ran back out embarrassed but given them holy hell then found Chas/Diane to give them holy hell again!. I like Victoria, she's been woefully underused but FGS SHE WAS AT WORK! Does no one take their job seriously in ED? Customers were waiting for their food! (no doubt about it though that I'd be laughing like a drain later on when I'd calmed down and would rib them forever about it :D)

I wouldn't mind Cain finding his inner baddie again TBH. Not totally back to how he was before but Cain with a bigger bite might be nice.

OK, who cheered with me tonight when Emma walked into the Woolie and lamped James? :cool::cool::cool: Moira will be next I reckon ....
  • Options
    BatanyaBatanya Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    What is David and Alicia's "interesting story"? (Please don't let it be anything about football)

I know we're not supposed to know about Charity (the actress, not the character) being pregnant, but if her handbag was any larger, it would officially be classed as a bin liner!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see another sharing of s/l between ED and Corrie.

Devil child #1 Gabby tells April that Pearl is a witch

Devil child #2 Amy tells dopey Faye that she see dead people.Do they have the same (abominably useless) writers?
    No, but Blackburn and Oates collaborate re storylines (and God knows what else).
    SB said so not so long ago, only he said it was so that they didn't do the same thing.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a604233/coronation-street-boss-stuart-blackburn-we-work-together-with-emmerdale.html I can only find the DS version not the original, but they won't be very different.
    We know she lies, seems he does too now,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Batanya wrote: »
    What is David and Alicia's "interesting story"? (Please don't let it be anything about football)

I know we're not supposed to know about Charity (the actress, not the character) being pregnant, but if her handbag was any larger, it would officially be classed as a bin liner!
    Not really football but it involves Lachy, Lochy, Locky (why didn't they just call him Fred? They'd all have been able to pronounce that.)
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Not really football but it involves Lachy, Lochy, Locky (why didn't they just call him Fred? They'd all have been able to pronounce that.)

You forgot Lucky :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You forgot Lucky :D
    Oh yes! :D
    There's Locklan and Lacklan too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this is a bit out there, but I'm wondering if
    The David/Alicia/Lachie story involves Jacob as well? Something develops between Jacob and Lachlan which peripherally affects David and Alica as a result? Could be anything though - stealing, drugs or, dare I say it, even some kind of child abuse? :o
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

Same, completely. I love Lawrence's character, loved watching him bed into the village, hanging round the pub, plotting with Ross, scheming against Robert. He's been sidelined quite a bit at the moment - mostly for the Robert/Aaron bonkfest - and it seems a proper shame to me. They haven't developed any relationships in the rest of the village at all. I wonder if he's not staying long, which would be a real waste.
    Batanya wrote: »

:D:D

It's pretty obvious Charity is going to to be "away" for a while. I'll miss her, because she's a fabulous bitch, but it might give them some time to refresh her character a bit - she's been onscreen a hell of a lot. But please come back, Emma!
  • Options
    jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Observation - does anyone in Emmerdale who has a hat- go to bed in it because it is glued on permanent ?
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK so Pete is at least 12 years older than Finn as Emma said she should not have let a 12 year old boy dictate her life. So assuming Finn was a baby when she left, he is, what, 19 or 20 now? Which makes Pete at least 30. So just how old is Emma? She looks 30!
    Ridiculous casting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK so Pete is at least 12 years older than Finn as Emma said she should not have let a 12 year old boy dictate her life. So assuming Finn was a baby when she left, he is, what, 19 or 20 now? Which makes Pete at least 30. So just how old is Emma? She looks 30!
    Ridiculous casting.

It is a bit! The actress is about 42 in real life, but looks a good ten years younger. To be honest, they probably picked because she really is a good actress, far too good for Emmerdale! :D
This discussion has been closed.