Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need snow in my life
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First snow fall arrived yesterday here it was a nightmare getting out of the driveway and into the street because of how icy it is. The council never grit private housing estates here so I will be phoning tomorrow to tell them how bad it is. The street needs gritted everyday in this weather.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Had a couple of snow showers here in the West of Ireland, but I live in a coastal area and the snow didn't stick :D Was sunny for quite a while and there was a lot of hail. It's dry and cold at the moment but there's hail everywhere, which should be gone by tomorrow morning before I leave the house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Had sleet shower this morning, and i got caught in it coming home :( wet and cold and broke brolly again Lol
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snow? What a bastard ;)

Had a smattering earlier but it's still drivable. Parts of town in darkness with power outages though.
  • Options
    Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It. Last half it came down really fast in streetly I live on a hill , cars are ready having Trouble going up the hill.

Mornings going to be madness!
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awk I love snow and haven't seen any :(
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Woke up to snow today in South Yorkshire. Not that much though, roads only had a light dusting.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone drive carefully out there and keep warm.

I dread getting snow, but lucky we rarely get it here. When we do it always appears to be a surprise to the council who never grit beforehand. Yesterday we had thunder and lightening plus hail, but today its cold and sunny.
  • Options
    Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^ Until Rachel hits land tonight :/

heavy rain and very strong winds .

Mostly likely be trees down , more roads close for floods and fallen trees.

Tomorrow!
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Awk I love snow and haven't seen any :(

There speaks someone who has never had the pleasure of digging out a driveway, only to find it covered again within 30 minutes. :D
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Had a very, very light dusting of snow yesterday. Nowt since though
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There speaks someone who has never had the pleasure of digging out a driveway, only to find it covered again within 30 minutes. :D

Me this morning and this afternoon. :( about 8 in here.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Me this morning and this afternoon. :( about 8 in here.

Think I'm nearer Perth than you mate. We'd between 4-6 ins. Now thawing rapidly due to heavy rain........................floods will be the next problem.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I'm nearer Perth than you mate. We'd between 4-6 ins. Now thawing rapidly due to heavy rain........................floods will be the next problem.

Probably why you had less snow. I noticed that scone and Perth looked much less inundated than us wilderness dwellers.
    8 miles :)
    Is it a competition ? :D
    Raining here too and wind getting up.