Options

EE Wifi Calling

Comments

• Options
    unouno Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you can choose whether to read my comments or not , I know the facts and the information that I am able to get is genuine.

To be honest with i feel as let down as most about Wifi calling, this is a view that is common among many EE non retail staff.

Have consideration for the staff in network operations and planning that have done huge amounts of work and upgrades to systems to meet the Nov deadline. To then have it pushed back a couple of weeks then another week to finally just get an email to say its on hold for marketing and brand manangement reasons until early 2015.

The product is there ready and in use by some corporate customers with very little issues. The only good thing to come from this delay is that it will work on Android devices shortly maybe even for launch if it cariies on like this.
  • Options
    Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uno wrote: »
    Well you can choose whether to read my comments or not , I know the facts and the information that I am able to get is genuine.

To be honest with i feel as let down as most about Wifi calling, this is a view that is common among many EE non retail staff.

Have consideration for the staff in network operations and planning that have done huge amounts of work and upgrades to systems to meet the Nov deadline. To then have it pushed back a couple of weeks then another week to finally just get an email to say its on hold for marketing and brand manangement reasons until early 2015.

The product is there ready and in use by some corporate customers with very little issues. The only good thing to come from this delay is that it will work on Android devices shortly maybe even for launch if it cariies on like this.

Ah, hello Uno. Wondered if we would hear anymore from you.

I'm only too aware of the fact that it's my choice to read your comments or not. However, if I do decide to read them am I also not entitled to have a smidgen of belief in what you tell us? Even if this is an open forum!

You continually come up with statements to us all similar to those in your 3rd paragraph but none of your statements seem to be backed up in any way with any evidence and frankly, on your track record on this thread so far, these statements of 'fact' from your sources are widely inaccurate.

Indeed they are no more accurate than me coming on here and saying, Sssh! Guess what folks, a little birdy tells me......."
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Sssh! Guess what folks, a little birdy tells me......."

told you what?

TOLD YOU WHAT.......???????

TELL ME!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    told you what?

TOLD YOU WHAT.......???????

TELL ME!!!!!!!!

Sorry. If I told you I'd have to kill you!!! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry. If I told you I'd have to kill you!!! :o

That would be tremendously ambitious of you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please tell me someone gets the reference.
  • Options
    unouno Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well lets leave it at that then Magic Cottage you don't want to read my comments that fine. I just find it interesting that you claim to know all my information is not correct with yet no evidence to back that theory up.

As has been posted on this thread previously when EE leaked the wifi calling timeline on the website my info was correct and you will also find that EE employees on both here and on the EE community have never said No Uno you are making this up you don't know what you are on about so don't talk about. It's just like other product launches dates slip and plans change sometimes at the last minute so information quickly becomes wrong
  • Options
    GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Please tell me someone gets the reference.

Elementary my dear jabbamk1....

Incidentally I don't see the point of trying to wind up uno. Either it is inside info - in which case it is really useful - and many of the rest of us have experienced the pain of developing something only to have it appear to be messed up by management - or, maybe uno is winding us up- but so what? If they really get off on that then fine, no real loss to the rest of us. So why risk driving away what appears to be another useful source of info?
  • Options
    Synthetic42Synthetic42 Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sherlock? :o I just watched that episode earlier in the week :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Greebo wrote: »
    Elementary my dear jabbamk1....

Incidentally I don't see the point of trying to wind up uno. Either it is inside info - in which case it is really useful - and many of the rest of us have experienced the pain of developing something only to have it appear to be messed up by management - or, maybe uno is winding us up- but so what? If they really get off on that then fine, no real loss to the rest of us. So why risk driving away what appears to be another useful source of info?
    Sherlock? :o I just watched that episode earlier in the week :D

YAY! My life has meaning now.

And in regards to Uno. Like I always say about every post here that says something will happen, take it with a pinch of salt.

I know uno isn't making stuff up, but just because he says something will happen on x date doesn't mean it'll 100% happen. Similar to how If I say that Three are launching new broadband plans soon doesn't mean it'll 100% happen.

People really shouldn't be getting angry over something someone has said on the internet. If the dates came from EE direct then be angry. But not because of forum posts.... I mean seriously.
  • Options
    tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,666
    Forum Member
    uno wrote: »
    It's just like other product launches dates slip and plans change sometimes at the last minute so information quickly becomes wrong

Your posts are appreciated, as are those of the others who post useful information. Many of us work for or have worked for large corporations and realise things change for lots of reasons, many of which you never find out.
  • Options
    Smurf001Smurf001 Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    On the EE forum the EE community manager said in December there were still technical issues so they have increased the testing time.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I think some are being harsh on Uno as even internally EE was going for pre Christmas launch. They even gave out info to the large media folks & tech journalists but then recalled the launch date given. As I've said before its already working with certain clients. I've not been able to get any further info regarding why other than it wasn't due to a fault or technical issue per say. So Uno wasnt wrong. I'd say without having specifics they decided to hold off so they can roll it out differently and they have to wait for something else to come about before they can.
  • Options
    Smurf001Smurf001 Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    They are saying differently on the EE forum.

I guess we will never know the truth and all we can do is wait for EE to make an official announcement on when it will be released. Although as EE are still showing 'now' on a Google search for EE wifi calling we can't rely on any information they give!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm still not wrong then. This thread goes round and round in circles. Nobody knows except EE and we're not even sure they do!
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they are waiting until they've got it working well on Android? Little point in launching with a big fanfare when most of your smartphone customers can't use it.
  • Options
    GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Maybe they are waiting until they've got it working well on Android? Little point in launching with a big fanfare when most of your smartphone customers can't use it.

That's a good point. Companies are finally waking up the massive negative PR they generate when they launch things on Apple first - even if in this case it would be nothing to do with EE's own development process and everything to do with IOS and Android firmware development.
  • Options
    keithstokeithsto Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I still recon VoLTE will be coming with Wi-Fi calling.

EE seem to have stepped up a gear around the Leeds Wakefield area in coverage terms.

Maybe they will even start to use the 800 frequency and turn up the broadcast power on 1800. It'll be like Christmas has come!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a good point. Companies are finally waking up the massive negative PR they generate when they launch things on Apple first - even if in this case it would be nothing to do with EE's own development process and everything to do with IOS and Android firmware development.

They should launch an app for the older handsets, e.g. iPhone 5/5s, and those Androids that don't support VoLTE / WiFi calling - similar to Three's InTouch - and the app could recognise if its being installed on a device (e.g. iPhone 6) that has native WiFi calling support and tell the user and refuse to run.

Mostly the smartphone carrying general public is happy with installing apps now and with O2 TuGo and Three InTouch the concept is understood by many.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member

What "massive negative PR" are you referring to?
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jchamier wrote: »
    They should launch an app for the older handsets, e.g. iPhone 5/5s, and those Androids that don't support VoLTE / WiFi calling - similar to Three's InTouch - and the app could recognise if its being installed on a device (e.g. iPhone 6) that has native WiFi calling support and tell the user and refuse to run.

Mostly the smartphone carrying general public is happy with installing apps now and with O2 TuGo and Three InTouch the concept is understood by many.

The iPhone 5 and 5s do support Native WiFi Calling though so can't see why EE wouldn't make there system work with those models. They don't support VoLTE sadly but WiFi Calling they do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    enapace wrote: »
    The iPhone 5 and 5s do support Native WiFi Calling though so can't see why EE wouldn't make there system work with those models. They don't support VoLTE sadly but WiFi Calling they do.

In the USA the T-Mobile US network allowed iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s during the iOS 8 beta to access WiFi calling. But now iOS 8 has launched, only the 5c, 5s and 6/6+ can access it. Its not clear why.

Its also not clear which handsets EE will support - there is rumours that Android 4.4.4 has support baked in, but not clear which handset vendors have kept it, or enabled it. e.g Samsung S4/S5 or HTC M7 / M8 ??

We need more info. :-/
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    enapace wrote: »

EE showed the 5c and 5s as supported, but the 5 wasn't mentioned.

http://s19.postimg.org/7wcjs4jtf/image.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d123 wrote: »
    EE showed the 5c and 5s as supported, but the 5 wasn't mentioned.

Those are less than 2 years old but the 5 was just about 2 years old when iOS 8 launched. Strange as the 5c and 5 are basically the same phone, with just some additional LTE bands in the 5c.

Lets hope the launch is soon.
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting my bad didn't realise the 5 was no longer supported very odd decision on apples part to do that.