Options

Mel & Sue

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I loved Light Lunch and also love this tho wish it was on C4 not poxy ITV.

It's a bit shouty at times (shut up Sue) but I don't care as I'm biased as I love Mel n Sue.

Bring back Light Lunch!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Anonandon wrote: »
    Today the recipe is a rabbit dish, but they didn't offer any advice about where you can get it. Is rabbit cheaper from a butchers or a pet shop?

^cringe
    really?
    You think this is a lifestyle hour at heart?
  • Options
    Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who commissioned this Shite they are like two schoolgirls on meth for the first time
    I would watch that...
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumping the thread up for anyone going to watch this afternoon!
    Jo Brand :D and Dr.Christian
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuroFoxi wrote: »
    Bumping the thread up for anyone going to watch this afternoon!
    Jo Brand :D and Dr.Christian

Two good reasons not to watch then.
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Two good reasons not to watch then.

Yes, another one being they are eating human organs.. In the form of cake.
  • Options
    toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lorry wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying this show, much more than I expected. Mel and Sue are very natural together, even if on occasion Sue gets rather over-excited, but that's her personality and I feel she consciously reins herself in when she gets too bad and starts talking over Mel and/or the guests.
    They suit a late night Friday night slot. Currently they both seem awkward and restricted to daytime TV rules. I would hapily watch then after a few beers on a Friday evening!
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    toofast wrote: »
    They suit a late night Friday night slot. Currently they both seem awkward and restricted to daytime TV rules. I would hapily watch then after a few beers on a Friday evening!

Yes - they would be suited to a 10.30pm slot, and let their hair down a bit more. With guests like Jo Brand, Dr Christian Jesson - who knows what would have been said!! :p
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toofast wrote: »

They've cut it fine a bit with a bit of their off the cuff repartee at 4pm-ish but I like the quickfire empathy between them. I used to love Paul O Grady's quick remarks having liked him from Lily's early days, though he was stifled by his teatime show...and he still felt restricted when they put him on at 9pm. Hes mainstream now so I cant see him getting his edge back. I agree with you that Mel and Sue could have a good show at a later time and with the right guests
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    The cooks today did not get a Mel & Sue Mixing Bowl or anything they just got the plates they used to serve it. I thought they were joking at first but no that's all they got.
  • Options
    beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    As much as I'm enjoying the show, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels Sue needs to calm down a bit. The whole show seems a lot faster than Light Lunch, but that might be me getting old/only really half-listening to the show on catch up at work.
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminds me of when James Corden and Matthew Horne did their show.
    Both trying very hard but not really working as a show.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone's enjoying today's episode of Mel. No, it's true, just Mel. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give mel and Sue a break there show isn't bad I've seen a lot worse

It would be Intresting to know what all of you would agree is a good show

6 weeks of mel and Sue is better than simon cowell rubbish X factor BGT tripe
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Hah! Yes I've got it on in the background. Mel is doing well on her own....I thought Sue might have been replaced by Christine Bleakely or someone that had a bit of spare time!
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel's doing so well on her own. I think I prefer it. She pretends things are going wrong but actually it's quite good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hah! Yes I've got it on in the background. Mel is doing well on her own....I thought Sue might have been replaced by Christine Bleakely or someone that had a bit of spare time!

I have liked the episodes with both Mel & Sue but I do agree she's doing well solo.

Margaret seems like someone who isn't up to date with pop culture. It's quite awkward this interview.
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latecomer - where is Sue??
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been tempted by this thread to watch it.

I think Margaret's presence fell a bit flat without Sue as she was talking about Sappho. It was a bit irritating the way Sue kept telling both her guests to shut up whenever they started talking. And the bit about the cake just went on and on!

Still, with apologies to those who apparently only come on DS to write lovely comments about programmes they've enjoyed, there's nothing I like better than coming on here & pulling a programme to bits :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    Latecomer - where is Sue??

She's ill. It doesn't seem to be anything more serious than a cold.
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's ill. It doesn't seem to be anything more serious than a cold.

Thanks, hopefully back tomorrow
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel & Sue - the Best Bits , starts Sun 1 Feb on ITV
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    Mel & Sue - the Best Bits , starts Sun 1 Feb on ITV

Shouldn't that be April 1st?
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Margaret was really suited to this sort of show but she did quite well. I loved Mel's little sketch at the end.
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    I've been tempted by this thread to watch it.

I think Margaret's presence fell a bit flat without Sue as she was talking about Sappho. It was a bit irritating the way Sue kept telling both her guests to shut up whenever they started talking. And the bit about the cake just went on and on!

Still, with apologies to those who apparently only come on DS to write lovely comments about programmes they've enjoyed, there's nothing I like better than coming on here & pulling a programme to bits :D

I thought Margaret was a lot more relaxed than I thought she would be. The quick mention of her upcoming Sappho programme was only in passing...though she was the one who boldly did the Sue link to Sappho - not sure how many people would get the connection. Mel did very well in Sue's absence without someone to bounce off so it went ok.