Options

Gotham (UK Pace) - Starts Monday 13th October 9pm

Comments

• Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    Interesting figure - over 2mil+ every week?! Wow, it's doing better than I thought. Really hope it doesn't drop in its return.

C5 would do well to run repeats in the lead up to the 2nd half to rebuild the audience and get new people onboard.
  • Options
    Chris197800Chris197800 Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped watching about two episodes off the mid-season break. Found it watchable enough but it wasn't gripping me enough and I found most of the characters pretty weak.

I was hoping this series would be really dark and gritty but its pretty standard glossy US stuff, basically a slightly darker and more violent version of Agents of the Shield.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the Lovecraft episode was a decent mid-season finale.

Bruce is back with Alfred. They definetely need a backstory on Alfred. The guy can shoot guns and fight rather well, there's definely a vibe that there's more to Alfred than meets the eye.

Bruce and Selina scenes were also rather good in this episode, this episode and the one before has had the best interactions between the pair that i didn't mind for once and actually quite liked. However less is more between the two.

I did like the main female assassin, was she a comic book character?

Gordon transferred to Arkham may change the whole show, will Bullock feature less or more? I didn't mind that Penguin didn't feature as much nor Fish and Falcone/Maroni.

With it back on US screens next week, fingers crossed it comes back in Feb on Ch5.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Bruce is back with Alfred. They definetely need a backstory on Alfred. The guy can shoot guns and fight rather well, there's definely a vibe that there's more to Alfred than meets the eye.

I hope they never explain Alfred's backstory - much better just knowing that he is probably ex-Special Forces or Ex- British Army etc hired by Bruce's father as a subtle bodyguard and leave it at that.

Alfred is best as the quite solid support but with the knowledge that he is hard.

In the Nolan films they explained a little of Caine's Alfred there and he was ex-Army and it was enough to know that he was calm, methodical and ruthless when required.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Drawn between the two really.

I'd like to know why the billionaire Wayne's hired a cockney wideboy who's been softened around the edges :p
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given its the 1920/30's Alfred would of probably been in WW1 so probably was a butler before the war and probably met the bruces dad in the war and being rich offered a friend a job, does seem strange that for a house that size that he's the only servant we see
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Do you mean the show is set in the '20's and '30's?

Its seems to be set in a sort of time warp though. '80s style PCs, '90s style mobiles and some '60s/'70s cars.
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Do you mean the show is set in the '20's and '30's?

Its seems to be set in a sort of time warp though. '80s style PCs, '90s style mobiles and some '60s/'70s cars.

The shows set in all sorts of eras by design but if we're looking back to its traditional roots then its probably set in the 20/30's so a 40 odd year old guy would of been in the great war and who knows what his job was then
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,719
    Forum Member
    I thought it was set in an alternate contemporary reality which moves on with the times depending on when each depiction is produced.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Who knows if there was a great war in that universe?
  • Options
    Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read this isn't back until March.

Why are Channel 5 taking such a long break?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brady12 wrote: »
    Just read this isn't back until March.

Why are Channel 5 taking such a long break?

Is this an official comment from Ch5 saying that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 5 is repeating Gotham from the very beginning starting tonight at 11.50pm on 5USA. I imagine once that ends it will lead up to the start of the rest of the season with brand new episodes on 5.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,697
    Forum Member
    By my reckoning 5USA will be showing the mid-season finale on March 13, so I'd expect the new episodes to resume on March 16.

*cue loads of moaning*

But that would mean the season finale going out on June 1. These big US shows normally finish up around mid-May, so we'll end up being only a couple of weeks behind the US.

Basically it's the perfect scheduling of a US show like this in the UK. Two uninterrupted blocks running about as close as possible without the need for breaks. Only diehards want us to be so close that we have to suffer these random weeks with no new episode, the majority of the audience doesn't want that.
  • Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member
    Pretty naff scheduling really. I'll wait until around Ep14 goes out in the US and then jump ahead of C5's pace I think. They ought to have restarted around 16/23 February. That would've been enough of a gap to have an uninterrupted run on Mondays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I thought we was going to get Gotham back after CBB finishes. We would be roughly a month behind US.
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geektown is saying that it returns to Channel 5 sometime next month
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Blossom85 wrote: »

Gotham on 5 Facebook page has said no return date as of yet, when they know we will know.
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blossom85 wrote: »

And this is why they should never have been awarded the rights in the first place>:(
  • Options
    leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this is why they should never have been awarded the rights in the first place>:(

Well they wern't just awarded them like some trophy, they outbid others and were prepared to pay the most money for the show.

The Facebook page does say it will be shown unbroken though, so late February/Early March return is looking most likely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's end of February i'm happy with that. If it's mid-March then that's taking the piss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Gotham's Facebook page posted on 29th Jan 2015:
    There has been lots of speculation about when the second half of season one of Gotham will be returning to Channel 5 and, although the exact date is still TBC, we can confirm the show will be back on our screens in March.

When Gotham does return, the rest of season one will be shown without any further breaks.

Looks like Dancc was right about this.
    Dancc wrote: »
    By my reckoning 5USA will be showing the mid-season finale on March 13, so I'd expect the new episodes to resume on March 16.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »

*cue loads of moaning*

But that would mean the season finale going out on June 1. These big US shows normally finish up around mid-May, so we'll end up being only a couple of weeks behind the US.

Basically it's the perfect scheduling of a US show like this in the UK. Two uninterrupted blocks running about as close as possible without the need for breaks. Only diehards want us to be so close that we have to suffer these random weeks with no new episode, the majority of the audience doesn't want that.

hardly call it perfect scheduling.

running it from january to may-june would be perfect

i resisted tempation and didnt start watching them off my planner till december so i still have an episode or 2 before i go on a break but regardless thats a big break from c5.

helps that the show is average so far
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,697
    Forum Member
    Confirmed that Gotham returns in the UK on March 16.

Double bill as well, so we'll soon close the gap on the US for all you proximity obsessives out there.