Options

EE - Julia's Theme

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
Forum Member
They rarely use this theme anymore. I do think IT was over used before DTC took over again but the last time they used it was when David left and there's been tonnes of moments where they could've used it and didn't. Especially during some of the emotional endings in the Lucy aftermath.

Comments

• Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll use it during the anniversary.
  • Options
    Laura1981Laura1981 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they will use it when Nick dies?
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was also used during the CIN episode when Ian said goodbye to Lucy
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Laura1981 wrote: »

The most evil character of all gets a sad song when he dies? Heck, they might as well just have put it on the end of Archie's death scene, too! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IanMandy wrote: »

I don't think that was Julia's theme?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IanMandy wrote: »

It was?
  • Options
    Laura1981Laura1981 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    The most evil character of all gets a sad song when he dies? Heck, they might as well just have put it on the end of Archie's death scene, too! :D

If it turns out that Dot kills her own son, it could be more for her than for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dot could definitely get a Julia's Theme as she's mourning over the loss of her son. It would be emotional for her because we all know how much she loved Nick. After all he's done to her, she still loves him..but maybe it won't be as emotional for her now as she already mourned over him just a few months ago.

I just hope the Beales get a Julia's Theme during the 30th anniversary. Ending the 30th with an emotional scene featuring Ian, one of the characters that's been there since episode 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If it turns out that Dot kills her own son, it could be more for her than for him.

I think that's unlikely. She's deeply religious.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member
    I agree, they should have used it over the last couple of months more often. The problem before DTC was that they used it at moments that IMO didn't need it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, they should have used it over the last couple of months more often. The problem before DTC was that they used it at moments that IMO didn't need it.

Exactly. But now they're not using it for moments that actually do need it. Some of they endings during the aftermath of the Lucy murder just didn't fit well with the drums. Took the emotion out of some of the scenes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alex_Daly wrote: »
    Exactly. But now they're not using it for moments that actually do need it. Some of they endings during the aftermath of the Lucy murder just didn't fit well with the drums. Took the emotion out of some of the scenes.

I agree.

Especially during the scene when Lucy actually died; I think they should have had a piano theme with the credits rolling over the shot of her dead. Would've meant a lot of time staying as still as a rock for Hetti, but would've signified the end of the Lucy Beale era and the start of the murder enquiry.
  • Options
    MrAndrewMrAndrew Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    It was?

Yep, just with a reverb effect on it to make it sound all echoey and distant.

I don't think there's been any need to use it since David's exit and it should remain gone until a non-dramatic ending arrives.

There's been none of it in this particular thread, but a lot of people go on as if Julia's theme is some kind of 'award' that only certain characters are deserving of, no matter how their final scenes play out. Its purpose is and always has been, to be used when the end of an episode is not 'dramatic', but sad/ reflective or happy. If Ian Beale and Dot leave in dramatic fashion, then regardless of status or history, the drums would be the appropriate music to use.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrAndrew wrote: »
    Yep, just with a reverb effect on it to make it sound all echoey and distant.

I don't think there's been any need to use it since David's exit and it should remain gone until a non-dramatic ending arrives.

There's been none of it in this particular thread, but a lot of people go on as if Julia's theme is some kind of 'award' that only certain characters are deserving of, no matter how their final scenes play out. Its purpose is and always has been, to be used when the end of an episode is not 'dramatic', but sad/ reflective or happy. If Ian Beale and Dot leave in dramatic fashion, then regardless of status or history, the drums would be the appropriate music to use.

I agree. The only character's exit they messed up with is Tanya. She was on the show for years and her exit was emotional but yet, she still didn't get Julia's Theme? I just felt it was more appropriate for the scene instead of the drums.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't they use it when David left?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Didn't they use it when David left?

That was the last time they used it, yes.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think when ever Jim's death will be its gonna be used then, I highly doubt it will be used during the Anniversary week as its gonna be action packed and full of high drama which isn't what JT is about.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the last time they used it, yes.

I thought it was.
  • Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did use it during the Children in Need sketch!!

It does seem to have vanished!!

It was used in 1985 for episodes not ending dramatically!!

It could have been used more in 2014! Especially when Lucy died and the aftermath of Linda's rape!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    I think they may use it in the anniversary week perhaps when Ian and Jane marry before all the drama starts or they might use it at Nicks funeral but more for Dot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant see it being used during Anniversary week due to the fact its a big dramatic week.... Maybe the following week though!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,280
    Forum Member

They are going to use this when Nick dies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXnsEDxxKB0
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    They are going to use this when Nick dies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXnsEDxxKB0

PMSL :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last nights episode could have ended with the end part of Julia's Theme!
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    I think it will be used at the conclusion of the Lucy mystery.

I'm glad it's not used too much now. I think it was Santer who used Julia's Theme all the time!