• Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I hope this turns out to be a shocker after waiting all this time. I like Shabnam, the way she is written and acted. Her friendship with Stacey is nice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    She probably had an arranged marriage and has a child and husband in Pakistan.
  • Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "too loose weight" comment in tonight's ep leads me to think she's had a sprog.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Stacey makes instant friends with yet another character who is about to reveal a secret to them.

This secret had better be good. They've hyped it up enough.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacey makes instant friends with yet another character who is about to reveal a secret to them.

This secret had better be good. They've hyped it up enough.

She's the new Pat haven't you heard :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    The "too loose weight" comment in tonight's ep leads me to think she's had a sprog.

Maybe she gave birth to and sold her babies, she's been away six years so that could be six babies .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's the new Pat haven't you heard :D

:D *HangsSelf*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she gave birth to and sold her babies, she's been away six years so that could be six babies .

The thing that I don't get is that when Shabnam returned with Masood surely he would know her secret since he was in pakistan with her for a few weeks
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,308
    Forum Member

I did pick up on 'to lose weight'. Not sure it indicates a baby but perhaps body dysmorphyia. But would that be 'shocking' enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that I don't get is that when Shabnam returned with Masood surely he would know her secret since he was in pakistan with her for a few weeks
    You could live in the sq and not know half of them have kids the amount of time they spend with them lol
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    So she has a thing about "men like him" and lost a bit of weight.

If it is only a baby storyline how boring.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,308
    Forum Member

She's been back living with Masood and Tam for months and they've not found out. It doesn't have to have been going on when Mas was there, could relate to any time that she was away. Or ot was going on but was kept from everybody including people she was living with. Linda has kept being raped from the famly she lives with. Lucy hid a drug habit. Peter hid that he was getting it for her. People don't know everything about the people they are closest to.
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That, along with Stacey asking Shabnam if she'd been burnt. Shabnam looked like she'd just sat on a pin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's got to do with her selling something - hence why she's so loaded
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh? I missed that bit I think. Burnt as in by a man? Or burnt as in burnt burnt? Oh god burnts sounding like a ridiculous word now cause I've said it so much.
  • Options
    CalfroCalfro Posts: 148
    Forum Member

na, she never said "too loose" she did infact say "to lose".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calfro wrote: »
    na, she never said "too loose" she did infact say "to lose".
    Oh my days HA-HA-HA, we've a comedian amongst us! BRAVO! Everyone gather round and see how smart Calfro is. Honestly, never knew my spelling was so poor that people wouldn't know what I meant. Thank you! Really thank you oh wise one.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Oh my days HA-HA-HA, we've a comedian amongst us! BRAVO! Everyone gather round and see how smart Calfro is. Honestly, never knew my spelling was so poor that people wouldn't know what I meant. Thank you! Really thank you oh wise one.

:D Grammar police is possibly the most annoying thing about the internet, even more annoying than ads with no adblocker.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this. Shabnam is a terrific character and I rate Rakhee as an actress. This secret has been brewing for some time now and I look forward to finding out more about Shabs and her background. Her friendship with Stacey has also been a revelation. Two of the most likeable, yet totally different females together on screen. It works.
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh? I missed that bit I think. Burnt as in by a man? Or burnt as in burnt burnt? Oh god burnts sounding like a ridiculous word now cause I've said it so much.

Burnt as in hurt, not burnt in the same way as Zainab. After Shabnam's "men like him" comment regarding Kush, Stacey asked if she'd been burnt before. That's when Shabnam reacted nervously, but Stacey didn't catch on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Grammar police is possibly the most annoying thing about the internet, even more annoying than ads with no adblocker.
    :) it's ok, clearly there is something seriously lacking in there life if that's how they get a sense of self worth. I've made it very clear I can't spell and people often help me out on here if it's something really important to the topic. Others just continue the convocation which is awesome :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eejm wrote: »
    Burnt as in hurt, not burnt in the same way as Zainab. After Shabnam's "men like him" comment regarding Kush, Stacey asked if she'd been burnt before. That's when Shabnam reacted nervously, but Stacey didn't catch on.
    Oooh ok, maybe the guy she had a kid with cheated on her? Interesting...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this. Shabnam is a terrific character and I rate Rakhee as an actress. This secret has been brewing for some time now and I look forward to finding out more about Shabs and her background. Her friendship with Stacey has also been a revelation. Two of the most likeable, yet totally different females together on screen. It works.

Yea whoever thought it up is a genius the new Sharon and Michelle or Tiffany and bianca and far better than the friendships Stacey's had with Ruby & Danielle