Options

EastEnders | Tuesday 20th January 2015 | 7:30PM | Just CONFESS

Comments

• Options
    NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic writing tonight, good juxtaposition of Dean and Linda telling their version of events. Great performances by Kellie, Linda and Matt
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Shirley, she is being played by Dean. I'm sure he knows.

He all but admitted it though. Even listening to his account, you can see she doesn't really believe it, she's just wanting to believe it.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    That was incredible, tough to watch, but really well done. Kellie Bright was absolutely brilliant.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    antero wrote: »
    "Innocent men don't run" HINT HINT Shirley you idiot

This.

Also applies to
    PETER BEALE, imho - twice or thrice straight after Lucy was killed? Hmmm...

Well done Linda - onwards to Dean being arrested now. :)

... Not looking forward to Negative Nancy Nancy [inevitability] not believing her own parents, though. >:(
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a worrying feeling they are not going to believe her 😢

This is always the case when it comes to a rape incident its his words against hers. I just want Linda to get justice
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I know it's not going to happen but It would have been a good twist if Shirley did know and was pretending to try and get the truth out of him. But alas she is not.
  • Options
    lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellie Bright was absolutely phenomenal, was nearly moved to tears tonight by her! Outstanding. Danny Dyer was brilliant also
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,287
    Forum Member
    Not seen the episode yet but remember if you think Danny Dyer & Kellie Bright put on a good job tonight then vote for them and EastEnders at the National TV Awards (Voting closes at 12 noon tomorrow)

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/

By Phone 0901 888 2015

I shall catch up tomorrow night now :)
  • Options
    forwardswillforwardswill Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Everyone vote for Kellie Bright to win that NTA. She deserves it after her fantastic performance in tonight's episode. nationaltvawards.comhttp://nationaltvawards.com
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone think Linda would try to kill Dean if he isn't charged and she wants him gone for good? No one expected Stacey to do so, but she ended up killing Archie for the same reason.

Linda isn't Ronnie Mitchell in that she has killed to get rid of someone and can separate her emotions quickly, but such traumatic experiences could push her into a whole different frame of mind.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,285
    Forum Member
    Really good, strong episode. I'll say more later.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,291
    Forum Member
    Great episode, Kellie is just amazing, she sooo best win that award tomorrow night.

Danny was also very good, the chemistry Mick and Linda is just great to watch, they are so believable as husband and wife, well boyfriend and girlfriend. :D

Dean >:( I really hope he get's his, I really do think deep, deep down Shirley doesn't believe Dean.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Linda was great.

Shirley wants to believe Dean but she knows he did it and so does he. Delusional or not, he was using the classic rapist's defence of how she came onto him, she wanted it and so on and so on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Dean gets away with it. DTC said that it would be easy to put Dean in jail but that won't be the case. so a rapist on the square, great going Eastenders what does that say to real life victims?
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,370
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Really good, strong episode. I'll say more later.

Totally. I did wonder how they would fill half an hour but it flew by. More episodes like this please
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dean gets away with it. DTC said that it would be easy to put Dean in jail but that won't be the case. so a rapist on the square, great going Eastenders what does that say to real life victims?

It would be absolutely wrong headed if DTC kept Dean on the Square. There is no chance that anyone could buy him in a new storyline going forward, moving on to something else.
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode, Fantastic acting by all around.

I loved how they kept switching between Dean and Linda getting different versions of the same story. It's clear than Dean has realized he has done wrong now though so I wonder how that is going to be going forward.

Before it wasn't clear he knew what he did but now that Shirley has explicitly asked him if Linda said no, he has become a villain in lying about it.
  • Options
    Stephen_101Stephen_101 Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Best episode of the year so far by a complete mile!

Amazing! loved the way it jumped from Linda to Dean.

Kellie Bright NEEDS to win tomorrow! VOTE VOTE VOTE
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it yet - was Dean's time in prison mentioned at all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He all but admitted it though. Even listening to his account, you can see she doesn't really believe it, she's just wanting to believe it.

I noticed that too. She knows, I swear. What would have been good was if she was pretending to try and get the truth. Even Dean didn't look like he believed himself. I wonder how this will play out.

Only thing is, Shirley tries to get Dean out of Walford week after next, if she knows he is guilty that will reflect badly on her.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member

I think Linda won't be believed in court and Dean and Smirking Shirley will be triumphant. She will then oust Mick and Linda (and such kids as believe their mother) from 'HER' business, and introduce odious baldy Butster behind the bar.

Dean will be around until he decides he is invincible and irresistable, and rapes someone else, and hopefully this time there will be witnesses.

I am rather pleased that Shirley seems to be digging herself into a deeper and deeper pit with this one. Hopefully it will be so deep there is no comeback for the character, and when Dean eventually leaves she does too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I think Linda won't be believed in court and Dean and Smirking Shirley will be triumphant. She will then oust Mick and Linda (and such kids as believe their mother) from 'HER' business, and introduce odious baldy Butster behind the bar.

Dean will be around until he decides he is invincible and irresistable, and rapes someone else, and hopefully this time there will be witnesses.

I am rather pleased that Shirley seems to be digging herself into a deeper and deeper pit with this one. Hopefully it will be so deep there is no comeback for the character, and when Dean eventually leaves she does too.

Shirley isn't that cold hearted. And there is no plans, I don't think, to oust Mick and Linda from the bar. I don't know where this keeps coming from all the time.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't enjoy that episode one bit. Contained many characters I despise.

Next week looks very good though and Sharon is back Thursday :).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me it looked like Dean knew exactly what he's done and was just trying to protect himself by lying to Shirley
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Absolutely fantastic episode. Acting, writing and directing came together like a dream tonight. Amazing.