Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
Forum Member
Breaking news on the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30938755

Comments

• Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let the innuendo and accusations begin....

(Actually, it's probably the innuendo that killed him)
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know whether to hope that this turns into a Jimmy Saville, to give any victims a voice, or that everything I have heard from a wide variety of sources(Guardian journalust/minicab driver/poster on here etc) for many years, turns out to be slander. If he did half the things he was accused of he was a wicked evil man.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bugger me
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    utter, utter bastard.....
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Convenient timing I am sure but he had been battling cancer for a long while so no great surprise or conspiracy theory to anyone surely. Lets just hope this does not mean that now all the blame is laid at his door and his door alone
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This should be interesting.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Convenient timing I am sure but he had been battling cancer for a long while so no great surprise or conspiracy theory to anyone surely. Lets just hope this does not mean that now all the blame is laid at his door and his door alone

Good point. What are the chances, eh? ;-)
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally read this as Leon Britton and was a bit shocked but now I've seen who it actually is I've no idea as I don't really do politics.
  • Options
    MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Lets just hope this does not mean that now all the blame is laid at his door and his door alone
    There will be an attempt to do that, now. I expect we'll see big stories on this very quickly.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite sad if the allegations turn out to be true and so victims being cheated out of justice, yet again.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    Totally read this as Leon Britton and was a bit shocked but now I've seen who it actually is I've no idea as I don't really do politics.

Home secretary back in the '80s during the miners strike. Recently in the news as a dossier on "establishment" pedophiles was handed to him at the time which subsequently went missing.
    So it could be that he was well in with this alleged ring, or it maybe dirty tricks due to
    1. Him being a high flying Jewish politician
    2. Him rising very fast in the Tory ranks
    3. Him blaming MI6 for the Yvonne Fletcher murder
  • Options
    KennedyCKennedyC Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of the posters on this thread should carefully consider what they are saying about this man. You are ruining the name of a man who has had no charges ever placed against him. Whatever rumours you may have heard they are just gossip until some evidence is presented.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikeJW wrote: »
    There will be an attempt to do that, now. I expect we'll see big stories on this very quickly.

I do hope that the media though are sensible and careful, he may have been involved in a cover up that is yet to be proved , but if there are those still living that are the subject of a police investigation and possible charges the last thing we want is the media ruining any trial that could take place for the sake of headlines now.
  • Options
    FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Jambo_c wrote: »

How can you say you don't do politics, it's like saying I'm not alive. :confused:
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennedyC wrote: »
    I think some of the posters on this thread should carefully consider what they are saying about this man. You are ruining the name of a man who has had no charges ever placed against him. Whatever rumours you may have heard they are just gossip until some evidence is presented.

True, but he had the dossier then couldn't "recall" what happened to it.

If he turns out not to have been at the very centre of all this I will be very surprised. Always thought he was as slimy as can be.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wiki says the DJ Mark Ronson was his cousin!. How strange.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron will have to choose his words very carefully if he pays any tribute.
  • Options
    donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite sad if the allegations turn out to be true and so victims being cheated out of justice, yet again.
    The victims will never get justice,if Brittan knew anything then his boss would of almost certainly known something and there is not a chance in hell that our establishment will let any of it stain her.
    This will just keep getting kicked further away until "nothing" can be proven or a couple of lowly sacrifices are made.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if they'll find a slightly mouse bitten dossier under his floorboards with his own name scribbled out with a marker pen? Will Jim Hood's comments during the miner's strike debate be found to be true?
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    Wonder if they'll find a slightly mouse bitten dossier under his floorboards with his own name scribbled out with a marker pen? Will Jim Hood's comments during the miner's strike debate be found to be true?

Just remind us what he said.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just remind us what he said.

It's all in Hansard.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201415/cmhansrd/cm141028/debtext/141028-0003.htm

Scroll down to 28 Oct 2014 : Column 255
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wish I could say that I'm shocked and horrified but I'm not...............not one little bit.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ALWAYS thought there was something decidedly creepy and unsavoury-looking about that man.

There, I've said it.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My late grandfather used to refer him as 'Slippery Brit'.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    utter, utter bastard.....

You knew him?
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member

So the miners from Britain were saying Brittan had minors?