Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVI (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe WWE should have held Bryan's return until after the Rumble.

If he wasn't in it and wasn't even back yet, it may have helped with the crowd reaction.
    This would have made sense.

The irony though is that they clearly think/know Bryan is a draw of some kind because they used his return to pop ratings on Raw and Smackdown and to try and drive viewers to The Rumble itself.

To be honest I'm not that down on Bryan not winning. I think they booked it and The Rumble match itself badly but they do seem to have some kind of angle planned for Bryan here so I'll see where they're going with that. If they're going nowhere then I'll happily pile on.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Lol. But up to a point - Reigns winning you can vaguely cope with but that Rumble was booked atrociously. Big Show and Kane in a final 4. In 2015? C'mon.

Same with Dolph. I don't like this hijacking stuff but if it happens WWE only have themselves to blame.

Strong parrells to 2012/early 2013 with WWE at the moment.

I can't really cope with Reigns though because he's never had a good singles match or a good promo. He's only being pushed because they like the way he looks, but they've built him terribly going in as well. Those two being at the end was just depressing though.

Fans don't react well to having something forced upon them. Why do WWE never learn?
  • Options
    Lee_Smith2Lee_Smith2 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute garbage, which makes me glad it only cost me £6 rather than the £15 (now 20) I'd paid in the past. The triple threat was a classic; the rest of the show was abysmal.

It wasn't garbage because Roman Reigns won because I actually quite like him. Neither do I care that Bryan didn't. But who in the hell thought it was OK to eliminate him so early as it deflated the crowd, then use Ziggler and Ambrose in throwaway roles. Followed by barely mobile old fogies Big Show and Kane is predominant roles and effectively turning the fans against the guy planned to be a babyface headliner. The match wasn't up to much either, everything else from DB being eliminated had an awkward nasty feeling.

Please go away Vince McMahon or Kevin Dunn or whoever is booking this shit.
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    This Rumble had some great potential but it was ruined. In order to set up a Reigns win.
  • Options
    urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get what they were going for with Rusev reappearing at the end but surely that means Curtis Axel was still in contention?
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the WWE Title match was awesome.

However in the Royal Rumble match Bryan got eliminated too early.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone think WWE will think carefully about where they hold the Rumble at next year?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe WWE should have held Bryan's return until after the Rumble.

If he wasn't in it and wasn't even back yet, it may have helped with the crowd reaction.

It amazes my why they didn't just do that.

Even having Bryan talking about the Rumble was asking for trouble.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Suppose they could go with Bryan never lost so gets in that way.
  • Options
    PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    Anyone think WWE will think carefully about where they hold the Rumble at next year?

No as the WWE are not good at thinking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexiR wrote: »
    This would have made sense.

The irony though is that they clearly think/know Bryan is a draw of some kind because they used his return to pop ratings on Raw and Smackdown and to try and drive viewers to The Rumble itself.

To be honest I'm not that down on Bryan not winning. I think they booked it and The Rumble match itself badly but they do seem to have some kind of angle planned for Bryan here so I'll see where they're going with that. If they're going nowhere then I'll happily pile on.

It doesn't seem like they set anything up for Bryan tonight, and yet he was the best booked babyface going in. They even made him fight for the spot.

Weird interview here.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bryan and Ziggler's reaction when hearing their Rumble booking would've been quite a sight.

THough honestly so much wrong with that Rumble itself I don't know where to start. Surely in the top 3 worst Rumble matches ever - if not #1?

Yeah it was pretty awful. You know it's bad when Rock, HHH and Stephanie can't cover up the crowd shitting on it, though I guess Kane and Big Show cancel them out well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I swear they better not inflict another god awful Occupy Raw segment.
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bryan and Ziggler's reaction when hearing their Rumble booking would've been quite a sight.

THough honestly so much wrong with that Rumble itself I don't know where to start. Surely in the top 3 worst Rumble matches ever - if not #1?

I still consider the one with Bulldog/HBK to be worst. A whole match set up just to have them at the end. Filled weith nothing but jobbers too

Lol at Rock telling Tom Phelps hes getting fired... its bound to happen.
  • Options
    PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    Is the rumble about Rock or Roman? :confused:
  • Options
    ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They'll hold it in that arena where that Daniel Bryan thank you advert was. lol
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,044
    Forum Member
    Not gonna dwell on the reaction like I did last year. I will say, if Bryan didn't get his moment at Mania last year, I would have been happily booing along with them. But he did.

Onto happier things, Rollins has been working hard since The Shield split, tonight he became a star. He is the future, he should be in the main event at Wrestlemania not Roman. That title match was fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He needs major work on the mic no doubt but his in ring work is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out to be. I feel bad for him having to suffer that.

Put on a No. DQ stip for the Brock match and he should be alright.
    He's not good in the ring though and largely that's because he's green and doesn't know what he's doing out there to get over.

The Rock definitely being set up as Reigns' mouthpiece though which is at least something. Although honestly Rock looks like he's not into this at all. Maybe he didn't realise the crowd would be so hostile to Reigns' win?
    Because he realised he's going to have to big up Reigns all night tomorrow.
    He's currently 'losing his voice' on the post-show so maybe he'll throw a sickie. Which would surely be WWE's worst nightmare come to life at this point.
  • Options
    calderyoncalderyon Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curtis Axel wasn´t never eliminated? So technically he is still in this, even though the PPV ended already. :D
  • Options
    KingOliKingOli Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barring something at fast ;ane, am I right in saying WM ME will be Romans second 1v1 match at a PPV?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rather than thinking carefully about their booking of course.

That's the best Roman has ever sounded on the mic. MAYBE DON'T GIVE HIM SUCH SHITTY SCRIPTS AND LET HIM TALK NATURALLY.
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It amazes my why they didn't just do that.

Even having Bryan talking about the Rumble was asking for trouble.

I agree it was a terrible decision.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No as the WWE are not good at thinking.

After 2 years in a row with a poor reaction to their planned winner, even WWE couldn't make the same mistake a third time.

Potentially somewhere on the west coast where there could be a more younger audience due to the earlier start time.
  • Options
    wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RAW could be. So cringeworthy it's scary lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    It doesn't seem like they set anything up for Bryan tonight, and yet he was the best booked babyface going in. They even made him fight for the spot.

Weird interview here.
    The way they dealt with it on commentary suggests they have something going on there.
This discussion has been closed.