Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 63)

Comments

• Options
    aberdaberdonianaberdaberdonian Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Ronant do you know how last Friday's The Musketeers and Benidorm did?
    NickJordan wrote: »
    The Musketeers had a week off due to Football.

While the Musketeers wasn't on the Friday just past (23rd), it was on the previous Friday (16th). I'd be interested to know what it consolidated to, if anyone knows (it didn't make BARB's top 30 for BBC1 so it must be less than 4.73m).

Also does anyone know what the last episode of Foyle's war consolidated to (as again the HD rating didn't make the ITV chart).
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    No chance of that at 10pm. It has plenty to prove, not least that it's any good.

I'm more interested in the upcoming launch of NCIS: New Orleans. Could it launch as well as Gotham?

NCIS should be good TV.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Nice bit of business outside Broadcasting House to accompany the FA Cup draw.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »

Yes should boost TOS ratings with the FA cup draw, Gary " Frank Spencer" trying to wreck the draw as much as possible.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yeah, I guess its times like that, that the programme really shows it's worth to the BBC.

It allows them to easily showcase the event (if you can call pulling names out of a hat, an event :) ), far more so than any other channel could.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    There's a screening of The Casual Vacancy tonight.

"@caterinos2000: The BBC One adaptation of @jk_rowling THE CASUAL VACANCY confirmed to transmit on SUNDAY 15TH FEBRUARY 9.00PM"

As expected, Poldark will no doubt follow on 8th March. The Casual Vacancy should start well, the cast is very strong and there was a lot of interest in the book when it came out (although that died down pretty quickly afterwards). Whether it holds up or not will depend on the quality, although it having only three episodes should mean it won't fall as low as Musketeers etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    If ITV used up all their allotted time for commercials between 6pm and 11pm.

Well we have to assume that they must have, otherwise they'd be throwing away money by not running commercials in the Churchill doc before 11pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I guess its times like that, that the programme really shows it's worth to the BBC.

It allows them to easily showcase the event (if you can call pulling names out of a hat, an event :) ), far more so than any other channel could.

With Premiership highlights up for bidding, I hope the authorities see it's not just money money money, but overall awareness and getting behind it, and passion.

A tactics bus on the car park doesn't really do it for most fans,
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wasn't popular on Twitter. Lots of football fans complaining that they were being made to sit through all the usual The One Show miscellaneous features for 20 mins first. Obviously not regular TOS viewers.

Should mean high figures for tonight's TOS though.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Yes should boost TOS ratings with the FA cup draw, Gary " Frank Spencer" trying to wreck the draw as much as possible.

Anything to get it high ratings. To be honest, it should be Gabby Logan doing the draw with him. It seems tokenistic to ask a female light entertainment presenter with no interest or clue about football
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As expected, Poldark will no doubt follow on 1st March. Should start well, the cast is very strong and there was a lot of interest in the book when it came out (although that died down pretty quickly afterwards). Whether it holds up or not will depend on the quality, although it having only three episodes should mean it won't fall as low as Musketeers etc.

Poldark is only 3 episodes? I assumed it was a longer series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »

I do recall that he was coached to develop a passable speaking voice when joining the BBC. Clearly picking balls out of a hat did not form part of his training!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Poldark is only 3 episodes? I assumed it was a longer series.

Sorry, I was talking about Casual Vacancy. :blush: Poldark is 8 episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Wasn't popular on Twitter. Lots of football fans complaining that they were being made to sit through all the usual The One Show miscellaneous features for 20 mins first. Obviously not regular TOS viewers.

Well, they should have listened to Gary Lineker who clearly signposted that the draw would be held at 7.20 at the end of yesterday's match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Why does it seem likely ITV will take the PL highlights? Have they 100% actually bid for them?

Probably not, they always get linked to bidding for everything but rarely do.

I can't see any worth in the highlights for ITV. They'll only get 2m max, cost a fortune and be slated every week regardless even if the programme featured all the same BBC pundits and was twice as long.

What ITV need to focus on is live sport, but with BT's large cheque book that we all fund through increased line rental charges, it looks unlikely they will pick up much over the next few years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I was talking about Casual Vacancy. :blush: Poldark is 8 episodes.

So if TCV is 3 episodes, won't Poldark start on 8 March? :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not sure many things are popular with people on twitter :). But you are right, I'm sure lots of non-regular viewers tuned tonight, and will not be tuning in tomorrow. But that is probably par for the course with the One Show, based on it's format.
    tobi wrote: »
    Anything to get it high ratings. To be honest, it should be Gabby Logan doing the draw with him. It seems tokenistic to ask a female light entertainment presenter with no interest or clue about football

Not sure i agree. It was after all, merely one feature of the programme. They already had Gary and Mark drafted in. Getting yet another sports presenter on, for me at least, would have smacked of overkill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So if TCV is 3 episodes, won't Poldark start on 8 March? :-)

Yes, yes it would. :blush: I counted three weeks from the 8th for some reason. I wonder what else I got wrong in that post? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, yes it would. :blush: I counted three weeks from the 8th for some reason. I wonder what else I got wrong in that post? :D

Bless you guestoftseth, don't worry - I have a nightmare like that almost every day. :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is the Celebrity Big Brother final by the way? Is it this week as it doesn't usually run into February does it?
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    When is the Celebrity Big Brother final by the way? Is it this week as it doesn't usually run into February does it?

It does this year. I think it finishes next week sometime.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,677
    Forum Member
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    It does this year. I think it finishes next week sometime.
    Friday 6th.

First half up against Wales v England, live Six Nations rugby on BBC One.

So that will keep a lid on the rating.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You'll get into trouble with cylon for suggesting Alex Jones is a light-entertainment presenter. And to be fair, she did a better job at it than Gary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree.

Lots on Twitter or the One Daily Mail reader who tweets negative things about the BBC.

I thought that's the manta of this thread and all TV channels get the viewers through the turnstiles.
    I do recall that he was coached to develop a passable speaking voice when joining the BBC. Clearly picking balls out of a hat did not form part of his training!

Agree.
    You'll get into trouble with cylon for suggesting Alex Jones is a light-entertainment presenter. And to be fair, she did a better job at it than Gary.

Alex is a good presenter and did a better job tonight than Gary, maybe he had a fault on his BT line. Mark Chapman was rather sarcastic.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Friday 6th.

First half up against Wales v England, live Six Nations rugby on BBC One.

So that will keep a lid on the rating.

Rugby is something I would rather watch than CBB.
This discussion has been closed.