Options

EE: Mick is pure and utter scum.

13»

Comments

• Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Stan is rightfully saying that it's Lindas word against Deans. Perhaps most people would side with their own flesh and blood.

but I'm not defending Stans right to defend Dean. That's his prerogative. I've even gone against the grain on DS and defended Shirely for blindly believing her son.

My response is in defence of Mick on this one. The OP has called Mick scum for attacking a dying man but this old man - rightly or wrongly - insinuated that his wife was lying. Now that's his right to believe that but from Micks POV who has seen his wife go through hell and back, would be justified by "losing it" by such an insinuation.

I like Stan but if he feels so strongly about Deans innocence, he knows where the door is. Dying or not, Linda is Micks wife and he will stand by her no matter what. His reaction was knee-jerk and impulsive, nothing else.

It doesn't make him scum. It makes him human.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Good idea! Being terminally ill doesn't give Stan the right to basically say Linda is lying. He's in HER home! If he believes Dean he should live with Dean. Maybe Dean can help him with his assisted suicide wish.

This! If he's so fond of Dean and believes that Mick's wife is a bare faced liar then perhaps, dying or not, he should up camp and go and live with him (and Shirley)? It's a bit rich to be saying that to Mick when he's living under his and his wife's roof! It's actually taking the p!ss. Either shut up and keep your thoughts to yourself so ship out.

Also agree with all the other posts saying that Mick is defending his wife. What Stan said was a really low thing to say, he's calling Mick's partner of many years a liar and to his face. Not surprised Mick got him by the collar TBH! Being old and dying DOES NOT excuse Stan. The nasty b@stard that we heard so much about before he arrived still exists it seems, he's just not let out as much nowadays!

What amazes me though after all Stan's introspection last week, when he was sitting there looking like he was really regretting how he'd been in the past, how he wasn't the best husband and father (and missed things that were happening right under his nose) he seems to have learnt nothing. He's still upsetting members of his family who are looking out for him by being so crass.

And Stan is rightfully saying that it's Lindas word against Deans. Perhaps most people would side with their own flesh and blood.

And perhaps people would show sensitivity to the man (also flesh and blood) who's roof he's living under, who took him away from his lonely flat into the bosom of his family? No matter what Stan's thinking he should keep schtum where Mick and Linda are. Show them that amount of respect at least or, like I said above, ship out.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some people seem to forget that Linda and Stan didn't have the benefit of seeing the rape episode, so don't know what the viewer does about what happened.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While Stan was technically right in saying it's Linda's word against Dean's it was a tactless thing to say, particularly to Mick. I do feel for Stan being caught up in this mess, but yes he does have the option of asking Denise if he could stay with her, Kim, Patrick, Shirley and Dean and should perhaps consider that. Still, I don't think Mick can dictate who Stan should and shouldn't see. I thought Mick initially said Stan could go and "be pally with Dean" as long as he doesn't do it in front of them - actually it would have been more tactful for Stan to say he was just going out and would be back soon and not bring Dean's name into it.
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    Some people seem to forget that Linda and Stan didn't have the benefit of seeing the rape episode, so don't know what the viewer does about what happened.

Or the benefit of seeing Dean and the rest of the Carters u til recently. He doesn't know them at all!!!!
  • Options
    SereniitySereniity Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would admire Mick more if he threw Stan out of the house and told him to go live with Shirley Temple.

But because Mick is such a nice guy and he knows the old man is dying he resisted sending him to her for his final days! Gotta give him credit for that :p
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    I think you could be right. If he does I wonder if the family will report Dean? I've read differing reports about Dean staying / going so I don't know about his future on the Square.

I hope he does and gets punished for it. Maybe that'll get rid of the raping piece of shit.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like the way Mick got hold of Stan, it was appalling even given the circumstances.

I understand Micks frustration and totally sympathise but Stan is a very old man who is dying and he shouldn't man handle him. There is no excuse.
  • Options
    Mani_BhangraMani_Bhangra Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    No, what's disgusting is Stan deciding that Linda must be lying about being raped because the truth is inconvenient to him.

Totally agree, I think Mick knows that the filth won't do anything due to it being so long for it to get reported and it's each other's words against each other that made him flip that Stan is going to visit his wife rapist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sereniity wrote: »
    I would admire Mick more if he threw Stan out of the house and told him to go live with Shirley Temple.

But because Mick is such a nice guy and he knows the old man is dying he resisted sending him to her for his final days! Gotta give him credit for that :p

I disagree, Mick's motive for keeping Stan in the Vic is down to control.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    I'd do the same if someone tried to discredit my wife. If that makes me scum, then so be it.
    Of course you aren't scum far from it. I don't personally know you but you come across as a polite and astute poster. I like your post
    Whedonite wrote: »
    So far in the past few days we've had:

- Bashing Linda because she has been miserable lately
    - Praising Dean because he's "charming and good looking"
    - Claims that Dean's actions were not evil because he wasn't violent
    - A claim that Dean's actions were "a bit wrong"
    - A claim that Dean isn't really a "rapist" because he didn't rape purely for sexual gratification
    - Now Mick is scum because he doesn't want his wife taunted in her own home by his father, who apparently gets a free pass to be vile because he's dying

What have I missed?
    Don't make me out to be the one who posted all that bile. I never once excused Dean's actions. I dislike him along the rest of the Carter clan and I hope he leaves (preferably in a coffin) in the near future.

Stan is the only Carter I mildly like. So naturally I am going to defend him.
    At your age, have you nothing more interesting to do with your time than obsessively watch a programme you profess to hate and make endless repetitive faux controversial threads about it? Bless.

Can't you try online dating? Find a girl/boyfriend? I'm given to understand there's someone for everyone.
    Judging by my post count in the last three and a half years I have been on here, it is safe for me to say that I only spend a mere adequate amount of time on here. Coming on this forum is only a minor part of my life. Like I'm guessing it is with yours too.

And I think you are mistaking me with someone else Lisa. I never once said I hated EastEnders. In fact it is my favourite soap. It is only the Carters 'hate' and make threads about them that may be considered controversial on a forum that clearly loves them.

I don't feel the need to discuss the characters I do like on a day to day basis because, in my opinion, I find those types of debates to be pretty uninteresting.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous thread.

Stan's in the wrong here, not Mick.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I didn't like the way Mick got hold of Stan, it was appalling even given the circumstances.

I understand Micks frustration and totally sympathise but Stan is a very old man who is dying and he shouldn't man handle him. There is no excuse.

I agree.
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »

And I think you are mistaking me with someone else Lisa. I never once said I hated EastEnders. In fact it is my favourite soap. It is only the Carters 'hate' and make threads about them that may be considered controversial on a forum that clearly loves them.

I don't feel the need to discuss the Characters I do like because those types of debates are pretty substandard.

Is it not you, who (together with iMatt) creates endless threads about how much you dislike the Carters? Are you genuinely telling me your dislike for the Carter family is so important you feel the need to tell everyone about it? Constantly?

I really can't see how you can profess to like a soap whilst actively despising so many of its main characters. I'm not sure I felt *that* strongly about the woman who slept with my ex, or indeed my ex himself for that matter. If you are genuinely not just doing it to wind people up then I find it baffling that a fictional family could inspire such strength of feeling.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Threatening a dying old man like that. Disgusting.

How is Mick disgusting? Mick was sticking up for Linda. What if someone ever says that to you about your wife?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it not you, who (together with iMatt) creates endless threads about how much you dislike the Carters? Are you genuinely telling me your dislike for the Carter family is so important you feel the need to tell everyone about it? Constantly?

I really can't see how you can profess to like a soap whilst actively despising so many of its main characters. I'm not sure I felt *that* strongly about the woman who slept with my ex, or indeed my ex himself for that matter. If you are genuinely not just doing it to wind people up then I find it baffling that a fictional family could inspire such strength of feeling.

I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course you aren't scum far from it. I don't personally know you but you come across as a polite and astute poster. I like your post

Don't make me out to be the one who posted all that bile. I never once excused Dean's actions. I dislike him along the rest of the Carter clan and I hope he leaves (preferably in a coffin) in the near future.

Judging by my post count in the last three and a half years I have been on here, it is safe for me to say that I only spend a mere adequate amount of time on here. Coming on this forum is only a minor part of my life. Like I'm guessing it is with yours too.

I don't feel the need to discuss the characters I do like on a day to day basis because, in my opinion, I find those types of debates to be pretty uninteresting.

I thought you like Linda as well?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is Mick disgusting? Mick was sticking up for Linda. What if someone ever says that to you about your wife?

I think it depends on who it is MG, a very old ill fragile person or a child shouldn't be physically threatened.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't make out that you wrote that. I just listed the terrible things I've seen posted over the last few days. My bad if it looked like I was blaming it on you.

Defending him doing something disgusting because you mildly like him makes no sense. He is saying vile things about Linda in her own home. Whether he believes her or not, it's not right for him to act the way he has been acting while living under her roof. He's rude, nasty and selfish.

Mick should kick him out. He shouldn't get away with making a terrible situation even worse because he's dying.