Options

Death in Paradise Series 4 Thursday Jan 8th 2015

Comments

• Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,628
    Forum Member
    Seeing Adrian Lucas and David Bamber in the same episode reminded me of when they were both in ' Pride and Prejudice'.
    I enjoy watching the series but without being entirely negative about Kris Marshall, I think he was the wrong casting choice. The character comes across to me as being gormless and he probably thinks that frisson is a breed of cow.
    Ah well...the scenery's great and that's a good enough reason to watch, plus some other performances by other actors are excellent.

BIB - line of win!!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's Tuesday, which means a gallop downstairs when the postie comes to check next week's DiP... and.....
    Florence is a plain-clothes officer (read shorts!) already and Humphrey declares her brilliant, leaving the reviewer to wail that he's forgotten Camille already! Boy these writers are not much for dwelling once a star leaves are they :D

Also... new boy arrives next week too! Bring on the sunshine!
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    It's Tuesday, which means a gallop downstairs when the postie comes to check next week's DiP... and.....
    Florence is a plain-clothes officer (read shorts!) already and Humphrey declares her brilliant, leaving the reviewer to wail that he's forgotten Camille already! Boy these writers are not much for dwelling once a star leaves are they :D

Also... new boy arrives next week too! Bring on the sunshine!

If that is true, this series is following the path many predicted. I for one suggested that change in uniform, would be expected.
    For anyone who takes such comments too seriously, some of us are just having a bit of fun with this bit of entertaining nonsense of a detective drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If that is true, this series is following the path many predicted. I for one suggested that change in uniform, would be expected.
    For anyone who takes such comments too seriously, some of us are just having a bit of fun with this bit of entertaining nonsense of a detective drama.
    It makes total sense for the dynamic - where are we now... Half way through?
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Of all the plot points you could have as having "holes", this certainly isn't one, as there was residue on the guy showing either contact or extremely close range shot....

Sticking your hand with your gun trough a hole and shooting would do that. The cabin was small, being close to one of the 'walls' was very likely, which would make it possible for the killer to do it from outside.
    Not saying that's the way it should have been explained but not even exploring the possibility seems to me stupid for an investigator!
    They should have either put a line that explained why it couldn't be done that way or fill the holes in the 'walls' so we couldn't see big chunks of the scenery outside.
    imo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sticking your hand with your gun trough a hole and shooting would do that. The cabin was small, being close to one of the 'walls' was very likely, which would make it possible for the killer to do it from outside.
    Not saying that's the way it should have been explained but not even exploring the possibility seems to me stupid for an investigator!
    They should have either put a line that explained why it couldn't be done that way or fill the holes in the 'walls' so we couldn't see big chunks of the scenery outside.
    imo

What you say is probably true, but many of us can enjoy any nonsense in this comedy drama, even though we are prompted to point it out.
    In the first series I commented that it was silly to drag a wheeled suitcase along a beach to the cabin when there was a perfectly good path a few yards away. But it's that sort of programme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What you say is probably true, but many of us can enjoy any nonsense in this comedy drama, even though we are prompted to point it out.
    In the first series I commented that it was silly to drag a wheeled suitcase along a beach to the cabin when there was a perfectly good path a few yards away. But it's that sort of programme.

Haha yes I remember that. By the way someone gave me a heads up to an interesting article - note the episode number Hint: we're at 4 ...

All maybe not wonderful in Paradise after all (in spoilers but happy to take it out if not an issue)
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed. And it doesn't stop me from enjoying it immensely.
    But sometimes all it takes is one line to erase a big question mark. I just think it's a bit lazy.
    Agree also this is not the most serious show. The way i rate it is as follow:
    -high end who-done-it/drama is like Endeavour
    -low end who-done-it/comedy is like Father Brown
    Personally i place DIP right about in the middle of those shows. So i expect a little seriousness in the plot.
    I'm just surprised there isn't a point where someone reviews the script and says 'we should add a line there to eliminate that possibility'.
    Of course, they can't spot everything we intelligent people on forums detect! ;)
    And if they did, coming here discussing details would be a bit less fun!
  • Options
    Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to see what happens this week, if it picks up, or carries on with the poor scripts we have had so far
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wench02 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what happens this week, if it picks up, or carries on with the poor scripts we have had so far

I often think and I've mentioned it before, with "second series" of any drama the producers may be trying to "average out" the cost, so economies are made and it can show; in the scripts, the acting, or the production values. Some of the sets haven't been up to "It Ain't 'alf Hot Mum."
    Still worth watching though.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst you all try to work out whodunit, I'm going to see if I can spot any blue sky on this paradise island.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whilst you all try to work out whodunit, I'm going to see if I can spot any blue sky on this paradise island.

Ooh ooh I want to play this one too!!! :p
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy watching the series but without being entirely negative about Kris Marshall, I think he was the wrong casting choice. The character comes across to me as being gormless and he probably thinks that frisson is a breed of cow.

Unless of course DI Goodman is doing a "Columbo" ie pretending to be gormless in order to lull people into a false sense of security
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Doesn't it defeat the object to only have ONE glove on when handling evidence while everyone has two???
  • Options
    Jim_UlaJim_Ula Posts: 2,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the bloke from Waterloo Road - he was in Father Brown the other week and was guilty in that episode too!

Edit - that is my guess not a spoiler!
  • Options
    Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Setting the time of death by the time on the bottom of a candle is pretty unreliable. DI Poole would have sourced another half a dozen candles and timed how long they would burn.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Sara Martins leaving as she is not in it next week and it says that Humphrey is trying to cope without her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jim_Ula wrote: »
    Its the bloke from Waterloo Road - he was in Father Brown the other week and was guilty in that episode too!

Edit - that is my guess not a spoiler!

He's a wrong'un - casting proves it :-)
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Becca Dean from Hollyoaks never catches a break lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ohhhh when Camille does the quiet voice you KNOW you are in trouble
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if she's gone, that's the only reason to watch it gone.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol well at least he got a last kiss.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol well at least he got a last kiss.

Almost Knocked him off his feet too.....:D
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell I didn't no she was leaving 😢😢😢😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it worth watching again... Nooooooo, they lost the best reason to watch.. Hope she back at some point.