Options

Sky go now live on playstation store

homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
Forum Member
Anyone who is interested the sky go app in on psn store now, works great with no delay and no buffering.

But you have to have sky go extra to use it, but sky offering 2 months free trial at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Anyone who is interested the sky go app in on psn store now, works great with no delay and no buffering.

But you have to have sky go extra to use it, but sky offering 2 months free trial at the moment.

PS3 as well as PS4?
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS3 as well as PS4?

yep..

Compatible mobiles, tablets, laptops, Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4

£5 a month to have Sky Go Extra
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edit: Deleted post. Confused Sky Go with Now Tv.
  • Options
    rachpidrachpid Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Anyone have any idea if they'll release this for PSTV/Vita - you can't use the PS4 streaming on the PSTV on tv apps and it'd be a good alternative to multiroom Sky!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The release of this had been dragging on so glad they've finally got it out! but..
    Yes, annoyingly not available on Samsung Galaxy Camera, but will work on Galaxy Note. Good that it's out, I won't be trying it because the PS3 is by the Sky box anyway and it's £5 a month but I guess it could be used as a cheaper alternative to multiroom if in bedrooms etc. Sky Go does need a better channel list, Virgin TV Anywhere for example includes the likes of H2, Discovery Science as well as the main Discovery and so called History Channel.
    It means that more or less PS3 now has the full on demand lineup from the main UK broadcasters.
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I resent the fact you have to subscribe to their SkyGo Extra to get this on consoles (it was previously free to Xbox 360 users).

I guess they thought they would lose Multi-room subs if they kept it free - and they would be right.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    I resent the fact you have to subscribe to their SkyGo Extra to get this on consoles (it was previously free to Xbox 360 users).

I guess they thought they would lose Multi-room subs if they kept it free - and they would be right.

Ironically multi-room subs get Extra for free
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Ironically multi-room subs get Extra for free

Because you're already paying £10.50 so it'd be a bit unfair to have to pay another £5 on top of that to get Sky Go on your games console too! I used to have multiroom at parents, but now wouldn't need it or particularly need to get Sky Go on the PS3, if you had a slim PS3 it could work as a good box to take on holiday for TV however, or would be useful in a teenagers bedroom or something for them to get the Sky channels etc.
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Just started watching sky go on ps3 today - have had it on ipad for 4+ years but rarely watched it.

The only thing missing is an easier way to resume a box set or catch up programme - seems the quickest way is to search everytime amd remember what ep you were upupto

is there a quicker way?
    Lwhat about having a 'last view' tab which has your watching history (last ten items played) you can then choose 'resume / start over / next episode'

basically like Netflix (recently watched) and amazon instant video (watch list / video library)

actually, an option to add / bookmark series to wath later would be good call it 'my bookmarks'
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because you're already paying £10.50 so it'd be a bit unfair to have to pay another £5 on top of that to get Sky Go on your games console too! I used to have multiroom at parents, but now wouldn't need it or particularly need to get Sky Go on the PS3, if you had a slim PS3 it could work as a good box to take on holiday for TV however, or would be useful in a teenagers bedroom or something for them to get the Sky channels etc.

I've yet to meet a Sky customer paying anything more than half price for multiroom. It's one of the first things Sky throw at you if you try to leave
  • Options
    mattwmattw Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone used this yet to watch live football (or other similar fast paced sport)? If so what's the quality like? I'm used to watching sky go through a PC hooked up to the TV, but for football the quality is okay but not smooth - with the ball juddering through the air for instance. I think via the PC there are framerate conversion issues.

Just wondering if it might be worth £5 a month. Any thoughts appreciated.
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    mattw wrote: »
    Has anyone used this yet to watch live football (or other similar fast paced sport)? If so what's the quality like? I'm used to watching sky go through a PC hooked up to the TV, but for football the quality is okay but not smooth - with the ball juddering through the air for instance. I think via the PC there are framerate conversion issues.

Just wondering if it might be worth £5 a month. Any thoughts appreciated.

Sky sports new hq is in near HD tv quality - the odd frame missing (you can tell its stream not broadcasted)

I know what you mean - watching a live stream via PC has a few frames missing / judders but if you airplay bt sports via a Apple TV, it's very smooth - almost tv quality.

Sky go is just like airplaying stuff from the ipad - ie 720p amd with smooth motion

I also think there's an issue with PCs cos mine outputs 60HZ / 60fps vs tvs 25fps / 50HZ

The app I assume is built to play ok on devise like. The ps3