Options

What A Disgusting, Heartless Way To KIll Off Katie Sugden!

sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They are making her as horrible as possible to the point where even her new Husband and best friend (Chas) turn against her.>:(
This is the kind of treatment that should be preserved for the end of a true villian, not someone like a Katie.>:(
Turning her into an obsessed nutjob to add further insult to this disgusting piece of character assasination.>:(

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Comments

• Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never liked her but they've turned her into an awful interfering character, I'm glad she's leaving tbh.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    It's just a cheap way of starting up a Whodunnit storyline. Make everyone hate the character within a week, just to boost the mystery.

"Who Killed Katie" sounds like a Dora the Explorer episode, I hope they don't use that name.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few soaps have done it over the years, it's tactless.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale did this with Carl too. Made the character hated by others, before he was killed off.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    llgx wrote: »
    I've never liked her but they've turned her into an awful interfering character, I'm glad she's leaving tbh.

Couldn't agree more.

Katie is a gonner! Hurray!!:D:D
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I hate what they're doing with Katie, but I'd still side with her over Robert any day of week. The way he speaks to her is absolutely disgusting, although I'm sure many on here cheer him on given they also call Katie every name under the sun just for sleeping with a few men, but the likes of Andy who has also slept with quite a few people on the village get away with it. I wonder why? ;-) Anyway, Robert has been awful to Katie ever since he came back, and I don't blame her for wanted to destroy him, I just wish the writers weren't destroying her in the process.
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    Emmerdale did this with Carl too. Made the character hated by others, before he was killed off.

Carl was already a horrid nasty character well before he was killed off, how many deaths was he responsible for again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »

But Carl was a killer and had to pay for it at some point, and what better way to go than be the centrepiece of the 40th year special.
    They could easily have killed off Katie without this hatchet job.>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more.

Katie is a gonner! Hurray!!:D:D

It's a shame when I see a fm has no feelings at all for others at times like these.:(
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Carl was a killer and had to pay for it at some point, and what better way to go than be the centrepiece of the 40th year special.
    They could easily have killed off Katie without this hatchet job.>:(

That is true. At least Katie is going to go out in a bang, rather than the back of a black cab.:) I personally like the way Katie is right now and love the way she is making things difficult for Robert.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive never been a real fan of Katie but I think its really naff that they're making her this shit, it isn't true to her personality at all. They did the very same to Carl King.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie's been known as t'Meddler for years and years - it's nothing new. Anyway, considering we know she's 100% right about Robert, I have no problem with her trying to catch him out, after all the disgusting things he's said to her.

You go girl! :cool: They'll all be sorry when she's gone and proved right. :(
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    This is assuming she is been killed off which has not been confirmed yet.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate what they're doing with Katie, but I'd still side with her over Robert any day of week. The way he speaks to her is absolutely disgusting, although I'm sure many on here cheer him on given they also call Katie every name under the sun just for sleeping with a few men, but the likes of Andy who has also slept with quite a few people on the village get away with it. I wonder why? ;-) Anyway, Robert has been awful to Katie ever since he came back, and I don't blame her for wanted to destroy him, I just wish the writers weren't destroying her in the process.

Carl was already a horrid nasty character well before he was killed off, how many deaths was he responsible for again?

At least I'm not the one saying it this time. I don't even post much in the ED threads anymore because of the disgusting repetitive sexism. 99% of the posts about her just exist to call her a slag or comment on how she can't keep her legs shut. Even Max on EE doesn't get that treatment. Women need shaming, right? The scary thing is that a lot of it comes from women.

It's weird how nobody is doing the same to Robert. He's on his what... 3rd affair? Instead I've actually heard people complain that she's just an "interfering skank" because they don't want the "hot" affair exposed. Cheating men are hot I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is assuming she is been killed off which has not been confirmed yet.

Oh no, not this again.:D
    By this time next week, she'll be as dead as the proverbial Dodo.:D:(
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame when I see a fm has no feelings at all for others at times like these.:(

different opinions...
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

fm as in forum member? Who should we have 'feelings' for? A fake character in a soap? another forum member? If it is other posters then it is called discussion and different opinions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    At least I'm not the one saying it this time. I don't even post much in the ED threads anymore because of the disgusting repetitive sexism. 99% of the posts about her just exist to call her a slag or comment on how she can't keep her legs shut. Even Max on EE doesn't get that treatment. Women need shaming, right? The scary thing is that a lot of it comes from women.

It's weird how nobody is doing the same to Robert. He's on his what... 3rd affair? Instead I've actually heard people complain that she's just an "interfering skank" because they don't want the "hot" affair exposed. Cheating men are hot I guess.

This!!!!!

Katie. is still paying for sleeping with Robert, all those years ago.
    On the other hand, Robert has been forgiven and he can carry on cheating for as long as he lives.>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    different opinions...

I'm not against that, or FM's not liking or hating Katie, or any other character.
    It's the gloating in a thread started by someone who obviously loves a character who's about to be killed off.
    I think It's fine to gloat like that in the daily thread or the general ED threads.:)
    But that's just me and the way I prefer to treat certain threads and topics .:)
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Oh no, not this again.:D
    By this time next week, she'll be as dead as the proverbial Dodo.:D:(

Don't get me wrong i am fairly certain she will be killed off, but part of me will chuckle at us (myself included) if Emmerdale do a twist and she just leave after teasing us all this time.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »

Agree with all this, and let's be honest if Robert wasn't having an affair with a man, the woman he'd be sleeping with would be criticised heavily. It always happens when a man has an affair with another man, any woman that gets in the way receives abuse even if she is the one being cheated on. The same happened with Amira in EastEnders when Syed was cheating on her with Christian.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think what happens between chrissie, robert and Aaron is any of her business. I know she doesnt trust Robert but i dont think its down to her to interfere . Its not like Chrissie and her are close. One thing to warn her and leave it at that, another to be obsessed with exposing someone. Affairs are terrible but it's not like he's committedwar crimes or is a people trafficker, or has his first wife buried under the patio. Katie doed neef yo stop interfering.

That said, katie is generally a nice character and its horrible to see her forcing others to turn against her. At least we're also seeing her being kind and supportive to Belle. I suspect thst their making enemies for Katie for full dramatic impacy -possibly a whodunnit:(.

I agree about her reputation on here. She's only slept with four or five guys hasn't she? I never get the impression she goes out on the pull. Ok shes not pure as the driven dnow, but it's not Sodom and Gommorrah is it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    so is it Thursday it whatever happens to Katie ?:( i seen saying Thursday on the trailer ..a long wait Lol
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    It doesn't really feel like 'her' exit at all does it? It just feels like she's the scapegoat for a storyline, which is wrong for a character that has been on the show for thirteen years.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I quite like Katie. She doesn't deserve to die! I somehow don't think she will either|!
    At the same time I love Robert and his dastardly ways! How the hell he gets out of these situations is anyone's guess!
    Next week should prove very interesting!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    so she finds out about this affair, and gets killed before she can tell anyone..am i right douya think