Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skteosk wrote: »
    Since when were Craig and Tim on first name terms?

Since this week, when Craig accidentally locked Tim in their house. In further developments to Tim's character we found out he had a phobia of rats, so of course, Craig's rat Daryl was loose in the house.
    After this, Craig apologised to TIm and asked if he could do anything to help him. Since then TIm has taken Craig on as an apprentice.
    Yes indeed, a schoolboy is is now an apprentice window cleaner.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,324
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    Since this week, when Craig accidentally locked Tim in their house. In further developments to Tim's character we found out he had a phobia of rats, so of course, Craig's rat Daryl was loose in the house.
    After this, Craig apologised to TIm and asked if he could do anything to help him. Since then TIm has taken Craig on as an apprentice.
    Yes indeed, a schoolboy is is now an apprentice window cleaner.

Would it be legal to send someone so young up a ladder?
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been mentioned before - but why on earth haven't Sinead's family been to see her yet? The characters were only introduced recently so it seems really odd they haven't visited her. Surely her mother and gran would have gone as soon as they heard about what had happened.

It's ridiculous, isn't it? The could have easily filmed their scenes while they had them around for the wedding. :(
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    Norris is Mr Nosey....just when did he become Mr Nasty?

No more than the other characters.

I bet now we are meant to root for the gruesome twosome for being done over by Norris, despite both being unpleasant.
  • Options
    oranges71oranges71 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skteosk wrote: »
    Can someone punch Chesney really hard?

..............in the direction of a speeding Weatherfield Wayfarer.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tod's hideously scarred face has put me off my tea.:o
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    He is being a bit of a prick, shinead had no seat belt on, hardly Steve's fault

Anyway, some odd stuff in the first episode
    Tyrone driving Jason's pick up.
    Katie taking Max and Joe to the cafe, then arriving ages later.
    Joseph's mute pointing, can't he have more than one line per episode, and why is he dressed for a wedding all the time, he's the smartest three year old I've seen.
    Craig home from high school at twenty to four.
    Chesney panicking about bring late then just randomly walking about so he can pick a fight with Steve. If he was going back to shine head or how ever you bloody spell it he'd be carrying a wopping great pickanic basket.
    Callum just happens to be in the area when Max just happens to be off school and Katie just happens to look after him, although I did find Max's casual lean on the car rather funny.

And what was with topless Todd, bit of eye candy for the ladys and any gay men watching?
    How about a topless Eva for us hetro guys ;)

It wasn't Jason's pick up. The vehicle had Webster's Autos written on the bonnet
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Corrie needs to get back to its roots and inject something new into it at the same time

http://youtu.be/xWDrXQN46z8
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    Norris is Mr Nosey....just when did he become Mr Nasty?

I know what you mean. Norris was always nosey and quite mean spirited but just lately his character has changed to being really outwardly nasty.
  • Options
    Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it me or did the cafe wall wobble when Todd ;leaned on it?
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't Jason's pick up. The vehicle had Webster's Autos written on the bonnet

Didn't know they had one, would a garage need a pick up
    Shineads great granny has regenerated as she didn't look like Juliet Kaplan
    Where was Craig when gg was with chesney at home then the hospital
    Time goes backwards, 8:23 on the speaking clock on noris phone then 7:45 in the hospital
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No more than the other characters.

I bet now we are meant to root for the gruesome twosome for being done over by Norris, despite both being unpleasant.

Gruesome indeed and very immature. But yes, I expect we are meant to be on their side. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time goes backwards, 8:23 on the speaking clock on noris phone then 7:45 in the hospital

It's spelt Sinead by the way and I did wonder if it was a different actress playing the Great Gran so you've confirmed it for me. But mores the point where is Sinead's mother? She was there for the wedding but nowhere to be seen when the girl she gave birth to is laid up in hospital.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's spelt Sinead by the way and I did wonder if it was a different actress playing the Great Gran so you've confirmed it for me. But mores the point where is Sinead's mother? She was there for the wedding but nowhere to be seen when the girls she gives birth to is laid up in hospital.

Sinead: Lovely to see you GG, why didn't my mom come?

GG: She couldn't be arsed love...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Sinead: Lovely to see you GG, why didn't my mom come?

GG: She couldn't be arsed love...

I missed that bit. What a lovely mother she has then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Todd;s scar nearly gone tonight, and yet other night you could see it clear
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    I know what you mean. Norris was always nosey and quite mean spirited but just lately his character has changed to being really outwardly nasty.

He is always the one who doubts and makes accusations. Steve's his latest victim and before that it was Peter.
    Was it me or did the cafe wall wobble when Todd ;leaned on it?

Dunno but that scar's fading very fast!

Ah yes, but you forget they are all time lords in Corrie and are not subject to the everyday rules of time! After don't they all live in tardis? As for the regenerating granny............. ;-)

The evilness that is Todd Grimshaw is now stirring up the sh1t in readiness for Eva's maternity leave.

Tim has a new comedy partner - Craig. Craig is such a lovely lad.

Owen is cursing poor Gary for getting a new girlfriend. Why? He and Izzy have split up.

Anna is cursing Owen for cursing Gary. Why? And at the same time she has the audacity to treat Roy dreadfully.

Michelle is now gentle and kind and can look out of windows meaningfully.

Nice to see Michelle and Leanne having a chat. They could be friends and they are both in the same trade.

Chesney attacks Steve because Sinead's accident is all Steve's fault and in accordance with Corrie law someone must be blamed.

Sinead can feel her legs again. It's a miracle. It's the granny wot dun it.
  • Options
    RedpoppyRedpoppy Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agnes managed to get herself and luggage out of the taxi pretty smartish! :D
  • Options
    RedpoppyRedpoppy Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it my imagination or has Eileen's kitchen grown? There appeared to be an extra bit on the left hand side which, when viewed from the sitting room, would be where the window is!
  • Options
    Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Todd;s scar nearly gone tonight, and yet other night you could see it clear

Couldn't give a rat's arse about our todd ..just watched corrie on sky + and every time todd was speaking or on his phone I would ad lib him "mwa ha ha I am the devil and I will try and bugger your day up" but (un)fortunately this grimshaw has well n truly has karma bitten on his bum and everything he touches will hopefully turn to wilted cauliflower
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay I know Owen has been unpleasant in the past, but he seems to be very nasty right now and seems to take pleasure in putting down Gary at every opportunity. All because he "upset" Izzy who wasn't fussed with Gary in the months they were separated until his relationship with Alya coming out.

Does anyone think this is going
    to tie with her arrival of his ex-wife Linda?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Okay I know Owen has been unpleasant in the past, but he seems to be very nasty right now and seems to take pleasure in putting down Gary at every opportunity. All because he "upset" Izzy who wasn't fussed with Gary in the months they were separated until his relationship with Alya coming out.

Does anyone think this is going
    to tie with her arrival of his ex-wife Linda?

I thought it might have something to do with him
    leaving the show and Anna (:D :D:D) . Maybe he'll leave with his ex... I really hope he chucks it in Anna's face about Phelan before he goes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Very rare I make a comment but had to after tonight's episode. the worst, plotless, poorly acted piece of drivvel I've ever seen. I know they're trying to make the stars of tomorrow but Craig, sinead, chesney, kirk and faye have worse acting than a high school production of Cinderella
  • Options
    Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cafe wall and door frame DID wobble under the weight of the mighty Todd.

Eva looked very pregnant from a waist high side view, sitting in the kitchen.

Norris put a folded note straight into the till without looking or unfolding it, took another folded note and some coins out and gave it to the girl who complained without unfolding it. Whoever does this in a shop except those working on a silly SOL? It was difficult to see any notes clearly, the money could have been monopoly money.

I have seen school nativity plays done more professionally.
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is being a bit of a prick, shinead had no seat belt on, hardly Steve's fault

Anyway, some odd stuff in the first episode
    Tyrone driving Jason's pick up.
    Katie taking Max and Joe to the cafe, then arriving ages later.
    Joseph's mute pointing, can't he have more than one line per episode, and why is he dressed for a wedding all the time, he's the smartest three year old I've seen.
    Craig home from high school at twenty to four.
    Chesney panicking about bring late then just randomly walking about so he can pick a fight with Steve. If he was going back to shine head or how ever you bloody spell it he'd be carrying a wopping great pickanic basket.
    Callum just happens to be in the area when Max just happens to be off school and Katie just happens to look after him, although I did find Max's casual lean on the car rather funny.

And what was with topless Todd, bit of eye candy for the ladys and any gay men watching?
    How about a topless Eva for us hetro guys ;)
    BIB - I finished high school at 3pm; no SOR.
This discussion has been closed.