Options

Constantine

Comments

• Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last episode not bad, I sort of wish Chas had lost his gift though.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the last episode as it was good to find out more about Chas back story and also have the introduction of Felix Faust

I can't believe we have only got 3 episodes left to watch of Constantine.Ive still got hope for a second season especially as nothing has announced yet.I get a feeling we may hear something from NBC after the 13th episode has aired!
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    They should just make the rest of the episodes from series 1.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    I enjoyed it too. I hope NBC give it a second season; the ratings supposedly picked up too.

Trouble is it still lost out to Grimm in its new timeslot: last week it was 0.9 to 1.1 I think. After Grimm it was usually 0.8. The usual pattern is for a show to lose from the lead in especially after 8.00 pm.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    They should just make the rest of the episodes from series 1.

NBC are not going to to waste money on nine more episodes, if the current 13 episodes are bombing.

and the ratings have sorta picked up but it's still rating below 1.0 and no show that earns that low can be deemed a success or worth a renewal. Not unless it is the CW Even for a friday.

There was so much hate over the pilot, i think that's why people have written it off and not bothered to continue to watching.
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble is it still lost out to Grimm in its new timeslot: last week it was 0.9 to 1.1 I think. After Grimm it was usually 0.8. The usual pattern is for a show to lose from the lead in especially after 8.00 pm.

Why is that a problem? As you said it's normal for a show to lose audience from a lead in show? Isn't Constantine following on from Grimm and not directly competing?
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    Why is that a problem? As you said it's normal for a show to lose audience from a lead in show? Isn't Constantine following on from Grimm and not directly competing?

Constantine (8pm) leads into Grimm (9pm).

They were the other way round at the start of the season.

Constantine's latest ratings were the highest it's been since November.
    NBC’s Constantine time slot shift on Friday seems to be paying off. Constantine‘s newest 8 p.m. outing pulled in 3.5 million total viewers and a 0.9 demo rating, marking a 14 percent increase in total viewership and an uptick of a tenth in the demo.

Leading out of Constantine, a new Grimm pulled in 5 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating, up eight percent in total viewership while steady in the demo.

http://hiddenremote.com/2015/01/24/ratings-constantine-rises-blue-bloods-rerun-wins-night/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Constantine (8pm) leads into Grimm (9pm).

They were the other way round at the start of the season.

Constantine's latest ratings were the highest it's been since November.

http://hiddenremote.com/2015/01/24/ratings-constantine-rises-blue-bloods-rerun-wins-night/

Ah. So in this scenario it's not taking advantage of the Grimm audience and still getting better ratings; isn't that a good thing?

The question is how much improvement is required for a new season? Assuming NBC are actually still deciding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked the new episode and it may have improved IMO without Zed or Chas.
    Odd to see 3 actors from Lost. The actor playing Ritchie always bemused me because he tends to whisper his lines. He is fascinating though and I am glad he didn't stay in the other world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the recent episode as well and it was interesting to have a episode without Zed and Chas

I liked Richie as a character and its pity that he won't stay around for the remaining 2 episodes

I still hope that after the 13th episode that we will hear something from NBC about the future of Constantine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'A Whole World Out There' was pretty enjoyable and it was interesting to have John spend time with a different character; his interaction with someone with equivalent knowledge was good to watch.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great new episode once again.

I don't want this show to end... :(
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if I enjoyed this latest episode or if I just got caught up seeing Daniel, Michael and Ethan all on screen together again and kept wondering if we would see Kate or someone pop up in another cameo. Think I might need to re-watch it without the giddyness. Still it seemed okay. Thought it riffed off a lot of past horror movies, Nightmare on Elm Street, Wrong Turn/Cabin in the Woods to name a few.Good guest cast and I didn't really miss Zed or Chas not being here this week. Find the show becomes too much about them when they are about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw on tvbythenumbers that NBC have renewed Grimm the Blacklist svu etc but not this. I think they would have renewed it with Grimm if it was being renewed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm trying to be positive and think that NBC are waiting until the season has finished before announcing a second season.I know it's unlikely but the fact that hasn't had a renewal announced with the first batch of renewals announced by NBC Doesnt mean that it will be cancelled

I still think that the fact that comic book tv shows are very popular at the moment may go in Constantine favour as NBC may decide to give it another chance of a second season of 13 episodes

I know the majority of people will disagree with me but until it's offically announced as cancelled then I've still got hope.Although even if it's cancelled I could still see Amazon or Netflix picking it up for a second season!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I'm trying to be positive and think that NBC are waiting until the season has finished before announcing a second season.I know it's unlikely but the fact that hasn't had a renewal announced with the first batch of renewals announced by NBC Doesnt mean that it will be cancelled

I still think that the fact that comic book tv shows are very popular at the moment may go in Constantine favour as NBC may decide to give it another chance of a second season of 13 episodes

I know the majority of people will disagree with me but until it's offically announced as cancelled then I've still got hope.Although even if it's cancelled I could still see Amazon or Netflix picking it up for a second season!

I read what the chappy posts on the cancellation bear bit. People were saying the cast were on the Macy's parade and that Warners were positive. Apparently they never say cancelled because they want the ad revenue till the bitter end. For the really worst performers they just pull them or burn them off as they don't make much money anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you are saying that because they are still promoting Constantine that it has a chance of not being cancelled?
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    There's a rumour that NBC are considering moving Constantine to Syfy and rebranding it as Hellblazer, if anyone's interested. So it might have a chance at a future. Only a rumour though.

http://www.cinelinx.com/tv/item/7098-here-s-how-nbc-is-trying-to-keep-constantine-going.html
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I like the sound of this...

> The new channel would give them a little more freedom to explore some of the darker aspects of the comic and appeal to a broader fanbase. <
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    I like the sound of this...

> The new channel would give them a little more freedom to explore some of the darker aspects of the comic and appeal to a broader fanbase. <

Definitely. If they want to carry on in any capacity, they need to sort out the horribly generic bland writing. But if they can, it's got potential.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show can't end, not yet anyway. It's getting really good now. Easily one of my top three shows on right now. Love the cast.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely. If they want to carry on in any capacity, they need to sort out the horribly generic bland writing. But if they can, it's got potential.

Absolutely. If they fail to deliver on the potential this show has it will be a crying shame.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Save Constantine campaign is really picking up heat on twitter and has done since the show never got a back 9 order.
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well all chat of renewel aside. I quite enjoyed this weeks episode. Good advancement with Manny and good drama. Chas seems to be developing into a guniea pig and not much else, not keen on that. Might end up seeing him magically stuffed into a box that is bigger on the inside and John pulls him out, tests some magic doo-dah on him then stuffs him back inside.
    Good episode though. Liked the baddie too, not sure how he becomes the monster and turned back into the doc but I can live with it just happening in phases when he gets angry ala The Hulk.
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member

This! what we are getting currently is not Hellblazer it's just a very generic combination of Grimm and Supernatural.

I am loving the show for Matt Ryan, but loathing pretty much every other aspect. Shows like this need some balls and this show currently don't have any.