Options

Should EastEnders Invest in spotlights around the square?

Soap SpySoap Spy Posts: 3,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think EastEnders should Invest in Spotlights around the square like what football pitches have because they can do day-time scenes in Live week or even Live episode.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its going to look fake, and how often do they go live?
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spotlights do not daytime effect make.

Night time episodes are better anyway, more atmosphere. Especially for lives :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    its going to look fake, and how often do they go live?

I know what you mean might not look fake but even when they film at night they could still use them to make it look like day-time.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps they could be really innovative, and film day time scenes during the day :eek:
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    No thank you. It's going out at 7:30,8 and 9:30 I want the show to look natural and not fake.

No spot lights,No fake snow just natural weather :)
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be very dark at that time but I think it adds to the effect. Keep it natural :)
  • Options
    dachoccydudedachoccydude Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think EastEnders should Invest in Fabric like what they Use for blackout Curtains, and hoist them up around the square that way they can film night-time scenes in the day-time and let the actors go home earlier and do 9 to 5 jobs like what normal people do.

What does everyone else think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that would work the technology they have these days they should have them anyway including Spotlights.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Wednesday, Thursday and Friday all take place one after the other on the same day, so the entire anniversary will probably be night-based.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could get spotlights around the square & Fabric to make it look like night-time in the new set they building in 2018. What does everyone think of that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jody_Kelly wrote: »
    They could get spotlights around the square & Fabric to make it look like night-time in the new set they building in 2018. What does everyone think of that?

or just keep it natural and realistic.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love those early morning episodes they do sometimes, the ones where it is still cold and dark and you see the stall holders starting to set up and households gradually coming to life!

I don't want to see spotlights though, it will make the Square look like a film set (people might suspect it is not real :blush::D)
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spotlights generate lots of shadows from different directions. It would never look like daytime.

Who says some or all of the live bits won't be filmed in the studio? They don't have to be outside.
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    I love those early morning episodes they do sometimes, the ones where it is still cold and dark and you see the stall holders starting to set up and households gradually coming to life!

)

Agreed. Its like coming home from a night shift and knowing you've got your bed waiting for you whilst others are on their way to an eight hour shift :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a better idea they can use live edited for live scenes outside that week. If they have the software to make night vision into day that would be great for live week.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Blackout curtains?! :o:o:o

I don't think they should use spotlights either. It'll just look weird. As Ten Ben said some of the scenes will be filmed in the studio so they can be made to look like daytime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jody_Kelly wrote: »
    I have a better idea they can use live edited for live scenes outside that week. If they have the software to make night vision into day that would be great for live week.
    Even better! They could give Ian and Jane's wedding a green theme and borrow some night vision cameras from the helicopters off of Traffic Police.
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Blackout curtains?! :o:o:o
    I was being facetious with my suggestion.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they should stick to what they are doing , using suitable lighting for night filming
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Why don't they just film the whole thing in front of green screen ;-)
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,842
    Forum Member
    The next step is the whole show will go CGI. Then they can pay the actors less because they will just be doing voice recording.

Then they can bring back any character they want like Michelle. Just cast a new voice actor :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or, plot twist - they film the live episode as a night scene.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    The next step is the whole show will go CGI. Then they can pay the actors less because they will just be doing voice recording.

Then they can bring back any character they want like Michelle. Just cast a new voice actor :)

Just shift it to Radio 4 and it can be a companion audio soap with The Archers. No need for all that expensive CGI gubbins then. Only sound effects would be needed.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mewikime wrote: »
    Just shift it to Radio 4 and it can be a companion audio soap with The Archers. No need for all that expensive CGI gubbins then. Only sound effects would be needed.
    I never worked out why they never did some Radio episodes of EE, give themselves time to focus on other characters, I mean lets face it half the cast are not really good looking enough for TV at the best of times.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale live did have a fake light moon on a crane! They have also used a huge ground popup sun lamp.