Options

Who Killed Lucy Beale? - Latest theories, updates and spoilers (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    sundream wrote: »
    I don't know if this has come up at all before, but I was having a look around the Lucy case file on the website the other day, because I feel sure that they would have some sneaky clues in there. One of the newspaper articles is written by a journalist called Arvin Sloane. I googled the name as it's so unusual, and it turns out that it's the name of a character from the TV series 'Alias'. I'm not familiar with the series, but there is a wiki page with lots of info about the character's story lines. One of those stories being, that he accidentally killed his daughter during a struggle. Sneaky clue or clever red herring, I don't think it can be a random name coincidence. :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvin_Sloane

I think you're on to something.

If you look at the adverts on the papers, one of them is for furniture which could imply she was killed at home and another advert is for glasses. Who needs glasses?!

I'm off to put a £5 bet on Ian.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this has come up at all before, but I was having a look around the Lucy case file on the website the other day, because I feel sure that they would have some sneaky clues in there. One of the newspaper articles is written by a journalist called Arvin Sloane. I googled the name as it's so unusual, and it turns out that it's the name of a character from the TV series 'Alias'. I'm not familiar with the series, but there is a wiki page with lots of info about the character's story lines. One of those stories being, that he accidentally killed his daughter during a struggle. Sneaky clue or clever red herring, I don't think it can be a random name coincidence. :confused:

Jesus H that is off the charts, you will fit in here!
  • Options
    MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You certainly belong on this part of the forum , a true "sleuth" is among us it seems.
  • Options
    PacerkezPacerkez Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you look at the adverts on the papers, one of them is for furniture which could imply she was killed at home and another advert is for glasses. Who needs glasses?!

Also one for windows, which house needed a new window after Peter broke it? the Beales home.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ben! :o
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    Ben! :o

Or Ian...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I might back Ian while he's at 15/1 atm, surely his price can't get any bigger than that? I've already used a £20 free bet which I used to back Jay brown while he was 14/1 (he's now only 6/1) , might stick a cheeky tenner on Ian at 15/1 hm.

BUT LET ME RE-ITERATE, JAY BROWN IS THE KILLER DAMNIT!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, is it possible the reason bobby beale is as short as 8/1 is that people are mistakening him for peter or something? how is BOBBY BEALE 5th FAVORITE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member

I was scouring the ads too, but nothing jumped out at me. I hadn't thought of the glasses. With regards to glass though, some were wondering about the relevance of glass in one of the trailers, and the character Arvin killed his daughter by pushing her in to a glass table. That would cover furniture too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might back Ian while he's at 15/1 atm, surely his price can't get any bigger than that? I've already used a £20 free bet which I used to back Jay brown while he was 14/1 (he's now only 6/1) , might stick a cheeky tenner on Ian at 15/1 hm.

It's not Jay Brown dammit lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done suncream

I think its just another red herring though, and looking at sloanes storylines he's had a lot of connection with many murders
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was scouring the ads too, but nothing jumped out at me. I hadn't thought of the glasses. With regards to glass though, some were wondering about the relevance of glass in one of the trailers, and the character Arvin killed his daughter by pushing her in to a glass table. That would cover furniture too.

Your theory is genuinely one of the best I've read so far , although its a shame the fruits of your labour will come unglued when it is in fact revealed that the red head himself Jay Brown committed this act of inhumane slaughter beneath our very breath.
    Pacerkez wrote: »
    It's not Jay Brown dammit lol

Lol at least we will find out in 2 weeks, I will either be eating humble pie or jokingly make others eat humble pie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the window advert is a possible clue to the Beales house needed a new front window. Buuuut the glass table is very intresting. I remember when denise took Patrick home to the b&b to find it broken into, a coffee table had its glass smashed, like someone had fallen onto it.....maybe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Jane cleaning up broken glass. Is there anything glass in the Beale home on the day before she died that's not there the next day I wonder.

Re-watch again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jesus H that is off the charts, you will fit in here!
    You certainly belong on this part of the forum , a true "sleuth" is among us it seems.

:blush: Aw thanks :D:blush:
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's no point in throwing away a cheeky tenner on Ian, then, is there? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your theory is genuinely one of the best I've read so far , although its a shame the fruits of your labour will come unglued when it is in fact revealed that the red head himself Jay Brown committed this act of inhumane slaughter beneath our very breath.

Lol at least we will find out in 2 weeks, I will either be eating humble pie or jokingly make others eat humble pie!

Lol I'll get baking mine now and I'll bake one for yourself :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Jane cleaning up broken glass. Is there anything glass in the Beale home on the day before she died that's not there the next day I wonder.

Re-watch again!

Oooh yes, i guess that might point to peter when he smashed the window in rage

Also links glass to the chipshop window on lucys head in the promo...
  • Options
    Forum Member

Haha!! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren finds the piece paper tonight, whats the betting we don't get a looky lol. At least we find out IF Emma was right all along with identifying the killer or if she's just worked out Abi's and Max's secret, and the pregnancy test will end up being Emma's. I think it'll just be Abi and Max's secret. Dtc put Emma with the Branning's for a reason, a big Red Herring I think.
    Yeah I do think now that Emma sussed out Max/Abi's secret and thought Abi was the killer. But neither of them are.
    I've loved following this thread, so thought I'd take the plunge and sign up to join in. I can't believe how observant people are! So many things that I would never have noticed. I keep changing my mind about the 'killer', but I'm leaning towards someone in the Beale house.
    Hello and welcome. Yeah people certainly pick up bits and bobs that I wouldn't even consider. It's like an amateur detective agency :D
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    As long as you can cope with being told you're wrong about everything then you should be fine. :D
    And of course the flip side to that, you can tell people they're wrong!
    So who is everyone thinking did it? We all know who I think did it but not sure what others think atm, only 2 weeks from the box office event.
    Still think it's Cindy, if not her Peter.
    sassysoap wrote: »
    Right, borrowing from everybody's theories I think:

Lucy is mugged at the common by Ben while she has her phone out about to text peter. She tells Jay who realises Ben was involved and so goes, later hiding the things.

Lucy sees jake and returns to the square with him, there is a tussle, witnessed or involving max at jakes flat. Max and lucy leave separately.

Lucy meets peter at home, there is an argument that results in peter hitting or pushing lucy out the house, jewelery box after her. The box lands in the garden. Peter leaves.

Jane sees from massods, comes over as lucy dies. This panics her so she dumps hee body at the common.

?????
    Yep, this works for me!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    292 hours...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    There's no point in throwing away a cheeky tenner on Ian, then, is there? :D

Very true Ten Ben, but like I said I'm 99.9% sure it was Jay, the remaining 0.01% is Ian, thus a bet on Ian means that either way MattXFactor himself will be salavating in the fruits of his Labour when in 2 weeks time it is in fact revealed that Jay & Ian were the evil masterminds all along, the red head and the master manipulater himself, I think Jay landed the killer blow in which Lucy Beale ceased to exist.

Jay Brown did the deed, I am damn sure of it. IAN BEALE WITH IT!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I'll get baking mine now and I'll bake one for yourself :D:p

Sounds good to me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else putting a bet on this box office attraction?
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    before Lucy died, a lot was made about Ians eyesight and the fact that he couldnt see and needed glasses.........

clue or not?