davidjohn1985davidjohn1985 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    What a waste!
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All pretty underwhelming.

Her whole exit story has been little more than a plot driven narrative to facilitate this affair storyline between Robert & Aaron.
  • Options
    c120701c120701 Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose Andy will find out and Robert will make him cover by saying it's payback for Sarah.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not good and extremly dissapointing and underwhelming, in fact I find it hard to believe that the same soap who had the Rachel return, fake Archie, Donna's death, Robbie being flared, the Woolpack siege, Genmie's death etc, has produced Katie's exit. It's more like what I'd expect to see by SB on Corrie, totally flat and guessable, not ED with its twists and turns:(. Katie's death is a copy of Tina's on Corrie, and also of Gennie's - meddling interfering dozy cow won't let something lie, gathers evidence, and does beyond stupid decision of driving off into nowhere instead of running into the pub then dies because Cameron didn't want his secret to get out. Katie - meddling interfering dozy cow won't let something lie, gathers evidence and does beyond stupid decision of goading and provoking instead of quietly taking pics, sending them and agreeing to whatever was said until she could get free, then dies because Robert didn't want his secret to get out. Apart from the actual fall, it just had no impact, it's all a bit "meh, seen it". Bet the actress is kicking herself for quitting now after getting such a paltry exit too:(.
  • Options
    anngall10anngall10 Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Pretty obvious that Robert is going to get the blame put squarely on Aaron.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,128
    Forum Member
    Very sad. Not a good way for a long term character to go.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was ok I guess not as Dramatic as I thought.
  • Options
    hallo girlhallo girl Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Disappointed that we are going down the road of another killer in the village. Now Andy is going to go down the stressed/ depressed route. I had lost any feeling for Kate at the end, she was becoming annoying, She had no reason to suspect an affair at the beginning, she just kept looking for something, her exit storyline appears to be more of an opportunity for further s/lines for Robert/ Aaron and Chrissie rather than a decent exit for Katie.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Not sure if that was the writers trying to show how cold-hearted Robert is, or just weak acting on behalf of the lad that plays him. Either way, his reaction was really lacking.

Yeah it was poor. He did once love her. You'd have thought he would have been more upset for her sake. The whole thing was lacking in any kind of drama, tension or emotion.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful. Was this obsession story originally for Andy and when Katie wanted to leave they changed it to her. Andy hates Rob yet we are supposed to believe he sides with him over Katie. It all seems a bit rushed and cobbled together.
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh it was stupid.
    All about Robert's gross affair

Katie's time in the show.. Her legacy..
    Didn't like the character much but wow it's like 'oh she died... How do we cover this up then?'
    No glimmer of 'RIP Katie for the viewer'
  • Options
    Ross_WRoss_W Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    The reaction to Emmerdale lately has been odd.

The show is in a really good place right now and Katie's exit was very exciting, even if it was easy to guess. The acting was on top form tonight. Maybe you Emmerdale die-hards are very hard to impress or maybe I'm too easy to impress. Either way, I just feel that the flack that Emmerdale and Kate Oates receive is completely unjustified.

I actually read a few weeks back that a member said that they'd rather see Stuart Blackburn back in charge than to see Kate Oates in control for any longer. Really?! Emmerdale may not be as good a state as EastEnders, but it really isn't THAT bad. Giving Stuart Blackburn the chance to return and try once more to turn Emmerdale into an "urban" chav-tastic shithole would be like signing Enmerdale's death warrant.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ross_W wrote: »

The show is in a really good place right now and Katie's exit was very exciting, even if it was easy to guess. The acting was on top form tonight. Maybe you Emmerdale die-hards are very hard to impress or maybe I'm too easy to impress. Either way, I just feel that the flack that Emmerdale and Kate Oates receive is completely unjustified.

I actually read a few weeks back that a member said that they'd rather see Stuart Blackburn back in charge than to see Kate Oates in control for any longer. Really?! Emmerdale may not be as good a state as EastEnders, but it really isn't THAT bad. Giving Stuart Blackburn the chance to return and try once more to turn Emmerdale into an "urban" chav-tastic shithole would be like signing Enmerdale's death warrant.

:o Kate Oates is far superior! I thought it was good, but not as good as it was made out to be! Kate likes a good twist, or something really shocking, and tonight's episode was really underwhelming and a really shit end for such a great character! I like Emmerdale, it's a great soap and far superior to Coronation Street, but I can never love it and get majorly excited for it like I do with my EastEnders!;)
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 38,000
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I would rather she'd made a run for it, take to her horse and Robert chase in his car, spooking the horse and for the horse to throw her and then she could have broke her neck. At least that would have been slightly interesting to watch.

The whole run up to her death has been absolute crap, I am pretty annoyed about it.

Would at least have been more realistic. Why did she stay there and keep goading him and particularly why did she stay after Aaron left :confused: Surely she'd have run out with Aaron at least, certainly rather than stay and have a big long conversation with someone very threatening who's life she was about to destroy :o

It was so unrealistic and so pathetic :(
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 51,103
    Forum Member
    Not the best of exits, but still better than what poor Terry and Viv got after the years they gave to the show.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross_W wrote: »

:o:o:o i wouldn't even joke about that, The Hat should NEVER be allowed near Emmerdale ever again>:(. Kate Oates is usually wonderful and does a fab job, so I wonder why Katie's exit was so mediocre:confused:. Maybe I was expecting too much going off the sort of stuff she's done before, but she's really bombed on this one. But I suppose you can't get it right all the time, even top musicians produce a flop occasionally. She might have been having an off day.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Katie was very bland and having a bland exit seemed apt.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the best of exits, but still better than what poor Terry and Viv got after the years they gave to the show.

That is true.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    It reminded me of Tina's death too. I also agree that the actress deserved better after all of her years in Emmerdale. The death just had a feel of 'seen it all before' about it and Robert being responsible was beyond predictable. The whole thing just felt underwhelming, Even Robert didn't seem that bothered about it!
    I thought it was much more like the death of Dougie Ferguson in Corrie. Of course, the same actor (John Bowe) is also involved in this storyline as Robert's future father-in-law.
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Look, Emmerdale is so good at the moment and its stories are beating Corrie by a country mile but I can't help feeling I've been let down bt Katie's death. So much potential lost.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Robert's come-uppance isn't going to be as long drawn out as Charity's was. Who thinks that Arran will get the blame? Robert didn't delete his message telling Katie to go to the farm "now' , did he?

BIB I thought he did - it showed him deleting the pic then looking at the message, I thought he pressed delete
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Not looking forward to seeing more Angry Andy scenes again, that's the only emotion he ever shows.
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale was much better tonight, a real treat
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Robert's reaction was terrible - I think most people would've been more upset if some random had just fallen dead infront of them, nevermind a girl who was his teenage love.
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Look, Emmerdale is so good at the moment and its stories are beating Corrie by a country mile but I can't help feeling I've been let down bt Katie's death. So much potential lost.
    you could say that the show has been telling better stories than CS for a while now. ITV just can't admit it