Options

Rylan's rectangle

patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm offending myself by starting a thread at this hour of the night, but in the midst of the justifiable criticism of the moronic behaviour of Kav, kim, Chloe et al, I feel something was missed. Rylan revelled in a little segue entitled 'rylan's shapes', He led and smirked at a segment introducing the concept of a rectangle, and my blood boiled.

Alicia, the one housemate who handled herself extraordinarily well, was ridiculed without leave to reply; and by whom? The halfwit who will never, ever, ever know the difference between was and were.

'So you was accused of Being' WERE, YOU HALFWIT

Comments

• Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    halfwit is being generous....halfwit would never have used 'was' instead of 'were'..... "There are sheep, there are wolves and there are shepherds."
    "I have every reason to doubt your honesty, and I have no reason to doubt his honesty! "
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    When I think of the times I defended Rylan as a good and fair presenter on past shows, and then he shows his petty claws out against Perez and below the belt comment against Alicia for a cheap laugh....................I really won't ever view him with any sense of fairness again. Cheap shot Rylan. You were a Hopkins asslicker right from the off . >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm offending myself by starting a thread at this hour of the night, but in the midst of the justifiable criticism of the moronic behaviour of Kav, kim, Chloe et al, I feel something was missed. Rylan revelled in a little segue entitled 'rylan's shapes', He led and smirked at a segment introducing the concept of a rectangle, and my blood boiled.

Alicia, the one housemate who handled herself extraordinarily well, was ridiculed without leave to reply; and by whom? The halfwit who will never, ever, ever know the difference between was and were.

I also just want to add that it's no crime to not know the difference because some people may have reason not to.

However when you slate someone else for their lack of education when you prove to be a complete ignoramus yourself, then it's all guns out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's an example of a graduate in IT:

Broad objective

I have four years adminisation experience, and have used different softwear throughout my time. My objectives would be for this year to learn more about the softwear I am using and have a better understanding. I would like in the future to be promoted in the organisatoin I am with but would like a better understanding of Administration to allow this to happen.

Qualifications;
    • Higher Administration
    • Higher English
    • Higher Modern Studies

Sorry, but I've worked in secondary education for the past five years and this is the standard of spelling that our pupils have reached even though they are passed to university level.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How Clarke gets work is beyond my comprehension.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much as I agree about the segment mocking Alicia's lack of shape knowledge, I would just say that I imagine it had little to do with Rylan and more to do with the BOTS producers who, I imagine, arrange the show and all that is to be featured on it.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I read the titlle I thought it was about Rylans teeth..
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    Cat- wrote: »

Broad objective

I have four years adminisation experience, and have used different softwear throughout my time. My objectives would be for this year to learn more about the softwear I am using and have a better understanding. I would like in the future to be promoted in the organisatoin I am with but would like a better understanding of Administration to allow this to happen.

Qualifications;
    • Higher Administration
    • Higher English
    • Higher Modern Studies

Sorry, but I've worked in secondary education for the past five years and this is the standard of spelling that our pupils have reached even though they are passed to university level.

That's very dispiriting but challenge them and they will tell you that you are a dinosaur to think that petty concerns of spelling and grammar matter at all these days. What annoys me is that they are sure to have spell checkers but clearly can't be bothered to use them.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand and no one has given me any insight into it either is what did Alicia do that was so bad she deserved this treatment. People howl in rage and say Perez deserves all he gets (something I don't believe at all) but what has Alicia done other than say she is trying to improve her education ? Is this what BB and BBOTS has become they celebrate people who revel in their own stupidity (just look at some contestants and winners ) and put down someone who is intelligent enough to realise she does need to learn and is trying to do so ?
  • Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    halfwit is being generous....halfwit would never have used 'was' instead of 'were'..... "There are sheep, there are wolves and there are shepherds."
    "I have every reason to doubt your honesty, and I have no reason to doubt his honesty! "

Awww, I loved Freddie!! Terrible taste in women, but great Housemate. :)
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A little gentle ribbing - he wasn't calling her names. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. And he doesn't write the script. What is he supposed to do? Refuse to do that segment on account of his poor spoken grammar?

There as many reasons to explain away Alicia's lack of knowledge as there are to explain Rylan's mistakes - they are both far from halfwits.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched the last few shows of CBB or BOTS but this doesn't surprise me in the least the whole thing had become uncomfortable and unwatchable a while ago and unfortunately since this seems to be the pattern of the show - rewarding bullies and picking on the weak, I am not even looking forward to the summer show and the way I feel now, I can't see myself tuning in :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    A little gentle ribbing - he wasn't calling her names. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. And he doesn't write the script. What is he supposed to do? Refuse to do that segment on account of his poor spoken grammar?

There as many reasons to explain away Alicia's lack of knowledge as there are to explain Rylan's mistakes - they are both far from halfwits.

Yes stand up and be a man and say no , why not would make many people think more of him if he did. Because as I asked yet again earlier what has Alicia done to deserve this ? she seemed to me to be one of the nicer HMs who didn't do anything vicious and spiteful to anyone in there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Broad objective

Qualifications;
    • Higher Administration
    • Higher English
    • Higher Modern Studies

I can't see it improving anytime soon, just had a bit of a bust up with our wards school because the teacher told her off for her spelling of Naughty according to the teacher the correct spelling was norty - can't tell you how angry that made us we have spent a lot of time on spelling with her and to have a teacher try to ruin that >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Broad objective

Qualifications;
    • Higher Administration
    • Higher English
    • Higher Modern Studies

I would suggest that this is an example of not checking through thoroughly. If you understand how to spell 'administration' (as proven the second time the word is used) then you can spell 'organisation'.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan is pathetic and dated.
    He should be on baby tv.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    What a poor, cheap dig at Rylan. We all know (or should do by now) that the show is scripted. They have earpieces and autocue.

Rylan didn't magic up a picture of a rectangle.

Your annoyance should be directed at the producers not the messenger.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a poor, cheap dig at Rylan. We all know (or should do by now) that the show is scripted. They have earpieces and autocue.

Nope. He doesn't have to do the job, does he? For that matter, should someone who is only vaguely articulate really be presenting a TV show?
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

He should still know the difference between was and were - the rest is deflection.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. He doesn't have to do the job, does he? For that matter, should someone who is only vaguely articulate really be presenting a TV show?

I agree. It's very worrying that TV presenters can be molded to comply with any agenda, in this case bullying. Her eviction night was an absolute disgrace (and other BOTS shows) with more than this silly puppet jumping on the bullying bandwagon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member

That's not really an example of not knowing the difference. It's more of a working class thing to substitute "was" for "were".
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    That's not really an example of not knowing the difference. It's more of a working class thing to substitute "was" for "were".

Are you insinuating that all working class people have poor grammar?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    wotnot wrote: »
    Are you insinuating that all working class people have poor grammar?
    Not sure if serious but no I'm not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I agree. It's very worrying that TV presenters can be molded to comply with any agenda, in this case bullying. Her eviction night was an absolute disgrace (and other BOTS shows) with more than this silly puppet jumping on the bullying bandwagon.

Rylan was bullying her? Oh come on!
  • Options
    Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was pretty disgraceful.
    The whole thing was a circus.

Mind you when I saw the thread title I assumed it was a reference to his anus.

No Homo. :p