Options

Officially Forgotten Storylines and Characters in Soaps

Comments

• Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandy73 wrote: »
    I can't remember where Eddie Windass went; think it might have been Germany. Hope someone can enlighten us. And, yeah it he should get some kind of passing mention.

I have a chuckle to myself whenever the Corrie Streetcars characters mention Fat Brenda, not just because it's funny, but because the actor Steve Huison, who played Eddie, also played Fat Brenda in a stage play and (I think) runs her Twitter account too. This avatar is his pic of her character anyway.

The avatar looks a bit more glam than my mental impression of Fat Brenda!!! :o

Edit: I've started following it ... very funny!
  • Options
    Mandy73Mandy73 Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    The avatar looks a bit more glam than my mental impression of Fat Brenda!!! :o

I know, right?

Much too glam for working the switch in Streetcars! :D
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    In coronation St. Dev was discovered a few years back to have fathered loads of kids all over the greater Manchester area, but there is never any mention of that now or even up to the time Sunita died. In fact, there is no mention anymore of the one daughter he was in contact with, Amber. Can't remember where she went off to but she is never mentioned now anyway.

Whatever happened to all the corner shops that Dev used to own. I'm sure it ran to at least half a dozen?
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    Whatever happened to all the corner shops that Dev used to own. I'm sure it ran to at least half a dozen?

Mad Myra blew them up then Dev got broke after the tram crash and he sold them as he wasn't insured for trams flettening his shop.
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil's two week long crack addiction seems to have been put on the 'forever forgotten' pile. Shame really, it'll go down as one of my favourites. I mean, he wore a beanie! For no reason! And he started listening to The Who. Just classic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Both Pauline Fowler and Lou Beale never get a mention anymore in EE, and neither does Arthur.

Plus, Lauren and Abi seem to have forgotten lately that they have a younger brother called Oscar. Haven't seen either of them, or Max, mention him once for months, since before Lucy died.

Hopefully that'll be put right once Tanya Cross comes back next week for a few episodes. :)

Edit - We haven't seen Sharon's son Dennis for a few months either. He hasn't been mentioned since her wedding to Phil.

Pauline was mentioned the other day by Jane.

Demon child Denny also seems to have been forgotten.

It irritates me when relationship's between character's get ignored too. Rebecca is both Liam's cousin and his second cousin once removed. She is also related to the rest of the Beale's. Amy is Max and Carol's Niece but do they ever mention it, see her, or even pass in the street? Why does Ben hardly have any contact with Lexi?

Masood's dark phase didn't last very long either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    Corrie - everyone has forgotten Mary was a pyscho who held Norris hostage 'Misery' style. And are happy to have drinks with her in the pub and allow her to baby sit their children.

This.
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    ... and Norris happily chats away with her!

And this.

I watch them chat and wonder if I missed something.

Then there is Dev's other children, and Anna going from a rough C.H.A.V to a nice woman who is a suitable candidate for adoption.

When was Becky last mentioned by Kylie or Max and have they been to visit her? What about Leanne's Dad when was he last mentioned by her, or Chesney, or Kirk?
  • Options
    Silent-TearsSilent-Tears Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Another one from Corrie, not a storyline exactly but story elements - the following characters are related and have seemingly forgotten:

Leanne and Chesney are half-siblings by marriage.
    Gail was Tina's stepmother.
    Roy was briefly Amy's father.
    Amy and Max were briefly brother and sister and both lived with Steve, now neither do.

Leanne and Chesney are not half siblings but step siblings as they dont share any blood parents.
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Wasn't there a storyline in the past where all of Corrie's lofts were open so you could exit through one loft and crawl along at loft level and enter anyone of your neighbours loft hatchs?
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Money worries in Corrie:
    Audrey used up all her cash bailing Gail out after Richard Hillman, though she didn't let on to Gail. Then this was completely forgotten about.
    Dev was in serious financial trouble after his shops were burned down - this was forgotten overnight.
    Fiz and Tyrone couldn't afford food or clothes after the loft conversion disaster, but now she has taken months off work.
  • Options
    matty9896matty9896 Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    When Phil found about Max sleeping with Lucy, he banned him from half the square. This was never mentioned again.
  • Options
    emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    Wasn't there a storyline in the past where all of Corrie's lofts were open so you could exit through one loft and crawl along at loft level and enter anyone of your neighbours loft hatchs?

Yes I remember Ken Barlow was in his loft and somehow ended up above the Battersby's house & came through the ceiling whilst Leanne & Nick were getting jiggy
  • Options
    emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In corrie Ken sold his house to one of those companies that buy any property & let u stay & rent it off them in order to pay for Tracy's legal team when she was on trial for Charlie's murder but now Ken still acts as though he owns the house

Blanche bought number 7 as an investment & left it to Tracy in her will - what happened to the money once she'd sold it? Did I miss an episode where Tracy felt remorse & bought Ken's house back?

Maria inherited Liam's house & business but she lives in a rented flat above the salon & has forgotten she has £100,000+ in the bank. And what happened to Ozzy the dog?
  • Options
    MallyminxMallyminx Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Corrie: Kevin never mentions his sister Debbie. They both arrived in the street together, then after only a year or so she disappeared. Since his return, Kevin seems more like an extra than a main character now Sally is with Tim, with no proper storylines. Why don't they bring the feisty Debbie back......( She could be having marriage problems and Kevin takes her in....) Lots of potential interesting storylines there. Don't hold your breath!
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake Moon! Why can't they give Alfie a storyline around him and clarify whether he's actually dead or not?

Danny Moon. Phil knows he's dead but has never bothered to inform Alfie of this fact.

Mo Harris has forgotten she has 2 other kids that she could go to stay with from time to time, instead of going off to stay with Lynne/Charlie.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody seems to remember that young girl who moved in with the Masoods, then fell in love with Mas. She was around for quite a while, but I can't even remember her name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I've had to delurk and join the site just to mention Tanya burying Max alive in EE! That was never mentioned ever again, and then they got back together a while later.

I'm not sure if it even happened anymore!
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluecherry wrote: »
    I've had to delurk and join the site just to mention Tanya burying Max alive in EE! That was never mentioned ever again, and then they got back together a while later.

I'm not sure if it even happened anymore!

It definitely did. Sean Slater helped her. Early 2008. It went back to Jim having done it when he was a child. That was mentioned again in 2012 when it was revealed that it was actually Derek that had done it, but the Tanya and Max thing hasn't come up for years.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Barbara Young (Sadie off Family Affairs) played Rita's friend in Corrie years ago? Whatever happened to her. :eek:

Carla making her staff work overtime, resulting in the death of that Polish worker.

On Eastenders, Terry and Janine. :eek:
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Nobody seems to remember that young girl who moved in with the Masoods, then fell in love with Mas. She was around for quite a while, but I can't even remember her name.

Ayesha. She was gorgeous. The whole s/l was wasted as Zainab had just left and she tried to make her move on Masood who kept rejecting her. If they didn't cast the current actress as Shabnam, the Ayesha actress could've easily passed off as Shabs.
  • Options
    starpress12starpress12 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    In coronation St. Dev was discovered a few years back to have fathered loads of kids all over the greater Manchester area, but there is never any mention of that now or even up to the time Sunita died. In fact, there is no mention anymore of the one daughter he was in contact with, Amber. Can't remember where she went off to but she is never mentioned now anyway.

I remember he had a son vikram and another daughter (cant remember her name, it started with the letter A) she worked in devs shop way back in the nineties/noughties but got a job in Scotland as a supermarket manager. Both have never been mentioned by Dev again :confused:
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember he had a son vikram and another daughter (cant remember her name, it started with the letter A) she worked in devs shop way back in the nineties/noughties but got a job in Scotland as a supermarket manager. Both have never been mentioned by Dev again :confused:

Wasn't Vikram his brother ?
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzy Branning never gets a mention and neither does Roxy's and Ronnies mum or brother but as for storylines what's Abi doing with her studies? Wasn't she going away to uni before she broke up with Jay?
    What's this key thing all about with Lauren and Stacey???
    Is Carl's body just never gonna be found, just like Ronnie's gun??
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Vikram his brother ?

Cousin I think, Nita was the sister!! Their father was Ravi who fancied his chances with Alma at one point
    Think if I remember it was Ravi who got Cousin Dev to buy into the shop when Vik made a complete hash of running it after running up huge gambling debts!!
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    emilyb wrote: »
    In corrie Ken sold his house to one of those companies that buy any property & let u stay & rent it off them in order to pay for Tracy's legal team when she was on trial for Charlie's murder but now Ken still acts as though he owns the house

Blanche bought number 7 as an investment & left it to Tracy in her will - what happened to the money once she'd sold it? Did I miss an episode where Tracy felt remorse & bought Ken's house back?

Maria inherited Liam's house & business but she lives in a rented flat above the salon & has forgotten she has £100,000+ in the bank. And what happened to Ozzy the dog?

I'm really hoping Maria has that money invested sensibly somewhere against the time when she finally gets chance to buy the salon when Audrey retires!! However, this being Corrie circa 2015 you'll probably find Maria's next big storyline involves her hitting poverty!!