Options

Who Killed Lucy Beale? - Latest theories, updates and spoilers (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I thought they didn't tell the actors which one of them was the killer until much later so it stopped any leaks?

That's right, the actors don't know but DTC and 3 others on the team have always known right from the start
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Interesting that a lot of people are sayinh that Ben Hardy(peter) is a terrible actor.

Im pretty sure that the majority of eastenders actors would give their right leg to be able to break into hollywood and get offers to work in big movies.

Not bad going for a terrible actor, I personally think he is a decent actor. I also think Adam Woodyatt is an excellent actor and he has been brilliant throughout this storyline and the 30 years of eastenders.

Its all about different opinions though and ultimately it comes down to your personal thought.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Bingo_ wrote: »
    If Jane didn't do it, why have the wedding? In soapland it won't make sense unless it's directly tied into it. Ian killing Lucy won't have much specifically to do with the wedding. Dito Peter, Lauren, Max, Abi or anyone else.

But Jane killing Lucy and the hook of "I killed the daughter of the man I'm marrying" - surely it's too irresistible and too much of a hook to ignore.

I suppose with Tanya coming back, if it does turn out to be Abi with Max helping to cover things up, Ian's wedding will double the number of ties between the Beales and the Brannings:

- Lauren and Peter having a baby, possibly getting married but Lauren's sister killed peters sister

- Jane best mates with Tanya but Tanya's daughter killed Jayne's husband's daughter

There is a kind of symmetry there and the potential for both families to be devastated. At the heart of it all, of course, will be Max, whose affair with Lucy will be what kicked the whole thing off in the first place.
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want the reveal to go like this:

Ian and Jane at the restaurant getting married. The registrar is conducting the ceremony. We keep seeing flashbacks of the night of the murder. Shadowy figures, screams, obscure close-ups of someone's back/legs/shoes etc (wearing unisex trainers to stay gender neutral)

During the ceremony and in-between these flashbacks we see various close ups of people's face looking anxious like they've something to hide:

Peter because he's concerned that it's over with Lauren

Lauren because he thinks she knows who did it

Denise because she generally feels a bit crap about life

Jane, because of wedding day nerves

Ian - as above and plus the occasion is making him think of Lucy

...so at various times we think "oooh look at their face, it's definitely them!"

And the final scene

"And do you, take this man to be your lawful wedded husband?"

*Flashback - camera is on the floor looking up at the common, it's where Lucy's body is and you hear footsteps, the leaves are crunching underneath and then stepping into shot with a murderous glint in her eye, looking down at the body there she is - it's Jane!*

We return to the wedding where the final words of the episode are Jane saying:

"I do"
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/interviews/a565205/eastenders-boss-reveals-lucy-beale-murder-gossip-expect-big-twists.html#~p4m57j3bLFyeb4

DTC interview. In there he days how they have carefully plotted it and how they are not making it up as they go along. I don't think he is just saying it, I thin they have had the same killer in place since the start

Looking at that interview DTC says only him and 3 others on his team knew about who the killer was although he does say the person who did it won't be told moments before like last time. They don't do covers apparently.
  • Options
    shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember DTC saying, asking Ian, that if he couldnt do the live show, then he couldnt do it. So what does this telling us?
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm back on Jane now. I think it'll transpire that Lauren's breaking up with Peter is to do with the baby not being his.

I think the number of piece of paper was Tanya's number so Lauren thinks Tanya did it hence why she won't say anything and is keeping that a secret. But in fact Jane was living with Tanya for a bit and the number actually connects to her but Lauren doesn't know this.

No. Definitely not Tanya's number. It was a Walford number and Tanya lives in Exeter.
    I can't get out of my head the what killed her as opposed to who.... Now I'm thinking Peter obvs supplied her drugs so maybe at the beale house she takes some coke falls and smashes her head Jane comes home Lucy still alive but injured Jane takes her to the hospital but she dies on the way so Jane panics and dumps her to protect Peter, as she knows he's responsinle for supplying her drugs so that's manslaughter. That's the only way I could think there could still be redemption and fits in with what rather than who killed her. Bit of a cop out if there's no murderer though accidental or not!

Yes, I agree, it's the what and it's accidental. Drugs will probably have a role but it will be incidental. We've just had Nick die from heroin, they're not going to show that Lucy died from cocaine the week after that.
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Jane and Max were having an affair. Lucy found out and kicked off at Jane in a drugged up state and tried to attack her. Jane attempted to defend herself accidentally killing Lucy in the process. Jane panicked and asked Max to help her cover it up

'It wasn't there' refers to Janes car. 'You know' was Emma was basically revealing to Max she knew about the affair. The number Lauren found was Max's and now she thinks it's him hence why she's been funny with him the last few episodes.

In my head it all makes sense anyway haha! Honestly this soap has got me so gripped I'm literally going to sleep at night with all the different theories and suspects floating around in my head. The 19th can't come quick enough

But that number would also be Abi's Why would Lauren assume Max was responsible and rule out Abi?
    If Jane didn't do it, why have the wedding? In soapland it won't make sense unless it's directly tied into it. Ian killing Lucy won't have much specifically to do with the wedding. Dito Peter, Lauren, Max, Abi or anyone else.

But Jane killing Lucy and the hook of "I killed the daughter of the man I'm marrying" - surely it's too irresistible and too much of a hook to ignore.

The wedding will be there to get all the relevant families in one place at the same time i.e. the Beales, Brannings and Mitchells.
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shraine wrote: »
    I can remember DTC saying, asking Ian, that if he couldnt do the live show, then he couldnt do it. So what does this telling us?

That Ian is central to the reveal? But why wouldn't he be?

They're hardly going to have someone confess in a tear-jerking scene with Fatboy or Billy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shraine wrote: »

That Ian is a major part of the reveal which we already know. He is the father, they couldn't do it without him whether he's the killer or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    My final guess is that it will be Ian accidentally as that's the most heartbreaking outcome. Only being Ian or Peter could cause the most devastation. Shame though peters always been a decent kid
  • Options
    cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    To me if Stacey thinks its Peter the average viewer will be thinking she wrong and it's defiantly Jane now!

There for.... Its Peter*

* Cindy or Ian.

As an average viewer I think it's Peter! Only thing steering me away from him is that it's too obvious!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My final guess is that it will be Ian accidentally as that's the most heartbreaking outcome. Only being Ian or Peter could cause the most devastation. Shame though peters always been a decent kid

Only way it could be ian or peter is if they had a complete memory loss of the event. One thing I don't get is how someone so close could leave her where they did. A family member wouldn't do that and definitely not Jane.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great point re Lauren being standoffish from Peter as the child is not his. Would be a great twist. The pregnancy hasn't been just thrown in.

Waters muddied beautifully again.

Peter, Jane and Lauren I have ruled out personally. Look away from where the light is shining.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 days to go... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only way it could be ian or peter is if they had a complete memory loss of the event. One thing I don't get is how someone so close could leave her where they did. A family member wouldn't do that and definitely not Jane.

Completely agree none of the beales and all we've ever known of Jane would never do this! But it's where all the signs are pointing and who else could cause shockwaves? Interesting to see how it pans out
  • Options
    yenstonyenston Posts: 2,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jane is obviously involved. My guess is that Lucy was killed in the Beale house, whether by Jane or someone else I'm not certain. I think it might transpire that it was accidental but as Emma said "It's still murder" means the explanation won't wash. The only person I think Jane would cover for is Bobby but I think that's a stretch, although still possible. Jane moved Lucy's body in her car- that's my theory.

Jane wanting to marry Ian again never rang true for me. I think she's marrying him out of guilt. Lauren realised that in Friday's episode when Jane was making her speech to Denise on Ian being the love of her life. Lauren suddenly realised the reason why Jane is marrying him and in that moment she realised she could not marry Peter- possibly for similar reasons, i.e. guilt. Where Lauren's guilt comes from I'm not sure but it might just be that she was marrying Peter for the wrong reasons- to feel that she was still close to Lucy.

The music box is going to play a part I'm sure. It's obviously going to be open and playing when they zoom in on Lucy's body- in the Beale house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree none of the beales and all we've ever known of Jane would never do this! But it's where all the signs are pointing and who else could cause shockwaves? Interesting to see how it pans out

Which is another reason why its not them. I think Max would leave her there if he was covering for abi.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mitchell clan would to cover up a mugging. They didn't do it but could have found her collapsed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which is another reason why its not them. I think Max would leave her there if he was covering for abi.

I will find it so boringif its abi though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Mitchell clan would to cover up a mugging. They didn't do it but could have found her collapsed.

Didn't they find her purse and phone though?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting spoiler thread re:
    Lauren and Peter leave together the week after this

It goes along with my containment idea. Jane knows the truth and next week could involve Jane containing the truth. A bit like Scooby Do, if it wasn't for them pesky kids And their meddling.
    Jane is silently screaming at Lauren to let it lie.

It certainly suggests that there is no blame attached. Justice won't be served by the truth coming out in Janes's mind. I think she dreads having to reveal what she knows and ends up having to tell Lauren and Peter before Lauren tells the police what she knows. As this will trigger an innocent being charged she needs to contain the info or else she will be morally bound to tell the Police what happened.

Lauren and Peter find out what really happened from Jane and this leads to the spoiler.

The person responsible may not find out.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Rule1, if you killed someone get close to the investigation and accuse other people Max got close to Emma and framed Jake. Something to hide but he didn't kill her.

Lauren wanted to know how far Emma got and then kept the final clue on the paper from the police and has accused jake the cab driver, Max. She's got Stacey thinking its a beale.

She felt guilty over jake so helped get him out, Maybe at first she didn't know it was her with the body being moved and a mugging staged, but maybe shes realised Jane moved the body.

• Options
    Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be disappointed if Lucy's killer turns out to be one of the Cokers. It would be like so what, so I can't imagine that will be the case, I hope not anyway.

I would also be a bit "oh well" if Cindy is the killer, sadly this feels high the list of possibilities. She doesn't do anything so wouldn't be missed plus Jane gets to bring up her baby.

Who don't you want Lucy's killer to be?
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi. Mainly because I predicted it back on Good Friday, and because she's the bookies favourite so it would be a bit yawn
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    I would feel short changed if any of the following were the killers:

The Cokers- Massive anticlimax if its them, they are in for a great week though with Nick, Ronnie(if she dies) and stans death. Somebody needs to deal with the funerals tho and ultimately I think thats why they are in the soap-for all these imminent funerals.

Suicide/Natural Causes- In the longest running whodunnit in soap history this would be the ultimate anti climax if it turned out nobody did it.

Cindy- Not a big enough character for me and it would be a disappointing.

Anybody who wasn't on the final list of 14 suspects- I wouldn't be impressed.

Anybody else would be interesting for me.