Options

Nick moves Legend of Korra online

Nickelodeon has moved the final 5 episodes of Avatar The Legend of Korra Book 3 online.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/25/sdcc-2014-change-ahead-for-the-legend-of-korra

With Book 2 yet to air in the UK, I don't hold much hope we'll see either.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nickelodeon has moved the final 5 episodes of Avatar The Legend of Korra Book 3 online.
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/25/sdcc-2014-change-ahead-for-the-legend-of-korra

With Book 2 yet to air in the UK, I don't hold much hope we'll see either.

Does anyone know why exactly that is? I know they usually show stuff on a delay but it's been bang on a year now since the first series aired.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I'd love to know that too. Especially as they advertised Book 2 as 'coming in 2014' after the finale of 1.

I just can't fathom any logical reason to having such a prolonged delay for airing a show you've got rights to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news! I've just spotted that Book 2 is now being shown on Nick every weekday at 8:30pm.

Chapter 2 airs today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news! I've just spotted that Book 2 is now being shown on Nick every weekday at 8:30pm.

Chapter 2 airs today.

Cool! Thanks for the heads up. :)
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just getting used to watching double-episodes, when they pulled them from the schedule. Now, there is a delay in accessing they alternatively. It would appear they've given up on the series. At least season 4 is assured. When it will be shown, is anyone's guess though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a slow start, but its picking up nicely now with this civil war.

I was a bit surprised at how hot headed Korra is, it seemed to go against the way of the Avatar, but then I realised that Aang was a pacifist and Korra is not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a slow start, but its picking up nicely now with this civil war.

I was a bit surprised at how hot headed Korra is, it seemed to go against the way of the Avatar, but then I realised that Aang was a pacifist and Korra is not.

Which makes for a nice change I think. :)

I still haven't seen an episode of Season 2 yet as I'm planning on having a marathon of them all but I'm really interested to watch it nevertheless. I'll be impressed to see if they can top the story with Amon and Councilman Tarlok.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if I've posted any spoilers then! :blush:

As for the Tarlok and Amon, well they may not have got it as good in Book 2 but the antagonists are still good. And they've been able to take it in a different direction as well.

Slight spoiler...
    I loved the artwork in last nights episode, They've put a lot of work in creating that ancient art style.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering it was a short season, Book 2 felt like it lasted just long enough. (Nick are now looping back round with 2.1 on tomorrow night).

I'm surprised at how dark the series seemed to move, especially in the latter half of the season, but it still was enjoyable.

Bit miffed about
    Korra loosing the link to the past Avatars
    though I suppose that's an evolution of the series.

Let's hope Nick doesn't make us wait an age for Book 3. Ah.. who am I kidding? They're not going to rush.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they're going to start showing it from Episode 1 tomorrow night, that'll be the cue for my first watch then as I don't have that one recorded yet. You also don't have to worry about spoiling me with what you've posted - I'd heard rumblings of a civil war back at Comic Con 2013. :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha ok then. To be honest though, I think the civil war was under used, if not largely forgotten at some points in Book 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha ok then. To be honest though, I think the civil war was under used, if not largely forgotten at some points in Book 2.

I just meant in the sense that it was previewed at Comic Con 2013 and only now have Nick finally decided to show it, in case I didn't make myself clear. :p:D

Would you say Book 2 was an improvement over Book 1? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valourant wrote: »
    I just meant in the sense that it was previewed at Comic Con 2013 and only now have Nick finally decided to show it, in case I didn't make myself clear. :p:D
    Whoops. Sorry! :blush::)
    Valourant wrote: »
    Would you say Book 2 was an improvement over Book 1? :)
    Hmm good question. Personally I think the overall arc with Amon in 1 was better, but the scale of 2 was bigger and it encompasses more about the Avatar than 1.

So I'll probably sit on the fence and say they're both good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with episode 1 and thought it was pretty good though I forgot how fast the pacing can be at times! There were plenty of positives to take away however - I liked the fight with the spirit and the artwork and design is excellent as always. I also don't trust Korra's new mentor and it wouldn't surprise me if we find out later on that she needed to prioritise air bending after all. Hoping to watch some more later on; completely forgot there were more episodes this time around. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new characters are good additions. Varrick is a curious one, I didn't know whether to love or loathe him.

Desna and Eska are great too, although they seem to be trying to be like Mai from Legend of Aang.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm halfway through the series right now and I agree that after quite a slow start it's shaping up nicely. I thought the Unalaq twist was incredibly obvious and I'm sort of happy they addressed it this early on. I didn't see the Varrick twist coming however but I really should have as it always seem to be the businessmen who end up corrupt. :p

The only characters I haven't really taken to are Desna and Eska since I preferred them more when they were comic relief. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree on the Unalaq thing, it was sooo obvious. And its a bit of a repeat of Book 1 with Amon and Tonroq being brothers at odds with each other.

I've already had a look at Book 3 trailer... wow spoilers aplenty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    12 episodes in now and so near the end! I had a bit of a binge watch today, assuming that is you couldn't tell. ;-)

My favourite episodes so far have been 7 and 8 - the origin story about the Avatar. I wonder if the finale will emulate the showdown in episode 8 now that the evil spirit has been released back into the world?

I also agree there has been an added sense of spectacle this time around but I think I slightly prefer Season 1 at this point; the mystery of Amon was very engaging and his motives made more sense as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wan's story was good, just a little heavy on the odd front for me (the walking talking carrot etc.) But the background art was amazing, it looked like they'd animated an ancient wood block painting.

There was still a lot of mystery about Amon right up until the last few episodes, this time though its pretty much all laid out before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen all of Series 2 now and I think I'd rate it below Season 1. Whilst it did have some good individual episodes and it was nice that some of the less prominent characters got a chance to shine, I think it lacked a compelling mystery and there weren't as many twists or turns as I would have liked.

One thing that I felt was much improved though was the spectacle - the stakes felt a lot higher than they had been before. I'm really curious to see where Book 3 goes from here actually. I think it might be a more nuanced and small-scale approach because you can't really one-up a spirit which can threaten the entire world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I completely agree with that summation. It was good, but not as good.

I think Book 3 isn't going to be such a quiet affair, from what I've seen. It might be more on par with Book 1 for its smaller scale but bigger intrigue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well there's still no sign of Book 3 on Nickelodeon, however I've found there is a UK (region B) bluray release out now (R2 DVD due in April).

I'm up to 3.3 so far and its really shaping up nicely.
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've now watched to the end of the series and it's been a great; I think of the entire series only Book 2 was a let down.

Note that the blu-ray releases appear to be region free; I bought book 1 from the U.S. (normally region A) and book 2 from Australia (normally region B).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, book 2 as a whole wasn't great. It had its moments, but definitely the weakest season of all Avatar.

Thanks for the tip on the region thing. I'll have to keep an eye out for book 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've just seen the finale of 3 and it was as epic as ever. Bit surprised at the final shot of Korra. Seemed a bit of a blunt ending in that respect.

I hope they do release 4 on DVD/BR now..