Options

Masterchef New Zealand

Comments

• Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Oh what the EFFING hell?? It's masterclass AGAIN? Jeeeeeez.

Frakin' ridiculous
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone through the EPG and cancelled the recording o fevery episode with the M word in the synopsis. Doesn't leave many to go until the final!
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will miss the boys and their irreverent laid back humour, I cannot remember them bleating about wanting to win it soooo badly, they just seemed to consider it a job they were landed with and were not at all in awe of the judges, in fact they did not hesitate to say when they disagreed with them.

The "Masterclasses" are pathetic and just show how inadequate the judges actually are. They are all mouth and no trousers. They will so enjoy just having the girls to boss around now.
  • Options
    BlokeeBlokee Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since I accidentally saw the George ep I have watched every episode. What happened to the rubbish judge from last year? The two that are left are certainly better than he was. Also agree that I will miss the guys, in the few eps I've seen, they seemed to just be enjoying the ride and challenge.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blokee wrote: »
    Since I accidentally saw the George ep I have watched every episode. What happened to the rubbish judge from last year? The two that are left are certainly better than he was. Also agree that I will miss the guys, in the few eps I've seen, they seemed to just be enjoying the ride and challenge.

Sadly, the three judges are still there. They just take it in turns to have days off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly, the three judges are still there. They just take it in turns to have days off.

Yeah just seen he's still there. Boo. He really is a grump.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, the make the contestants cry episode. That's when you know you're watching MasterChef. Presumably we get a double dose if the others are cooking alone tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cika wrote: »
    Ah, the make the contestants cry episode. That's when you know you're watching MasterChef. Presumably we get a double dose if the others are cooking alone tomorrow.

It really is going all My Kitchen Rules isn't it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bleedin' Masterclass!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just find all four final couples really unlikeable and...... a bit rubbish.

It is a bit painful to watch.

Nikki is particularly Whiney and rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief, are they ever actually going to cook tonight?! I'm watching a bit behind - I'm fifteen minutes in and they're still faffing around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jesus the chefs are REALLY annoying today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ANOTHER Masterclass? What the buggery ****?
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    ANOTHER Masterclass? What the buggery ****?

Makes me turn over straight away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    Makes me turn over straight away

Me too. I'm watching Poirot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to assume it was only on four times a week in NZ so there was a MC every four eps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to assume it was only on four times a week in NZ so there was a MC every four eps?

There's another on Wednesday, which looks as if it's an hour-long advertisement for Simon's and Ray's books, and then one the following Monday for 'the final two duos'. It just seems like padding to have so many - maybe it was the cheap option.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a cop-out last night. I can see why this season tanked in NZ.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a cop-out last night. I can see why this season tanked in NZ.

Really unfair on Karena and Kasey (I think - still not 100% sure about names). They clearly out-cooked the other two couples. If they go out next and the couple with the American or Canadian woman - Jaimie? - are in the final I'll, um, well, do nothing except be pointlessly irritated. They should have gone out on the grounds of smugness and being unable to close a blast freezer door.
  • Options
    Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only started watching the NZ Masterchef in the last two weeks, and it's just not as good as Masterchef Australia. The chefs are really irritating and so are most of the contestants, which don't seem to have a clue half of the time.

I am thinking that Karena and Kasey will probably win. They seem to be the best of a bad bunch. Raging I missed the Canadian Masterchef when it was on (I was too busy!) but at least I am catching up on Masterchef Australia , on Watch...so that makes up for the shambles that is Masterchef NZ lol
  • Options
    Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way is anyone watching MasterChef India?
    If you have Sky, it's on Star Plus channel...just a do a search and you will find it.
  • Options
    DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was just me who disliked these chef's Masterclasses. They make them so dull!
    I think it is clear that K&K must win though. Why on earth do the judges keep taking days off?

Can't wait for MC Australia to return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nollaig79 wrote: »
    By the way is anyone watching MasterChef India?
    If you have Sky, it's on Star Plus channel...just a do a search and you will find it.

Rats. An MC India chef was a guest judge on MCA last year and it was love at first sight for me but I'm on Virgin and Star Plus is a premium channel. I hope one of the other channels picks it up for the second or third run.

Shouty judge Simon is annoying me more every night now. He's really trying to convince us that they're all brilliant cooks. No, Simon, they're not and you know they're not. Four of them are lucky to be there.
  • Options
    Tortilla ChipsTortilla Chips Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Oh for goodness sake, how terrible is this :cry:

Nearly at final and people still getting basic things wrong. Thought there was a moment earlier in the week when I was wrong, when everyone was getting 10s.

Only really watching now because I have watched it for so long and I'm stubborn. I'm usually happy to give people a chance but arghhhhh.

I had been watching Masterchef India and loved the fact that it was vegetarian but must admit I have an extremely short attention span and struggled to pay attention properly reading the subs so have given up on that :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for goodness sake, how terrible is this :cry:

Nearly at final and people still getting basic things wrong. Thought there was a moment earlier in the week when I was wrong, when everyone was getting 10s.

Only really watching now because I have watched it for so long and I'm stubborn. I'm usually happy to give people a chance but arghhhhh.

I had been watching Masterchef India and loved the fact that it was vegetarian but must admit I have an extremely short attention span and struggled to pay attention properly reading the subs so have given up on that :(

BIB Me too - I don't even look forward to it but I've got this far, I have to see it out until the end.

MChef Ireland starts on Watch on 9 March. It's series 3 but I can't remember whether that makes it a new series or a re-run although starting at 7pm makes me think it might be a new one. Daren't Google in case it's new! It's coming to something when that looks like a good prospect compared to this.