Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen a Calgon advert with the worst dubbing I have ever seen.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a new ad that keeps going on about "nits"!
    Sorry, I mean "Knits"...knits for this, knits for that, knits for the other.
    It just makes me think of nits when I hear the woman keep saying the word!
  • Options
    PiazzaPiazza Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new 'OK, Google' one with a guy making beef stew. The whole advert makes me cringe.
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timebug wrote: »
    The irritating 'Colin's Wife one,It was asked earlier in this thread:

What does she say in the one where she is getting food from the carvery, she says "Colin the're only ? down the road, does she fluff her lines?

No fluff so far as I can tell. She actually says 'Colin,They're only FROM down the road'
    which I took to be 'just down the road' from wherever Colin and his wife live?
    Thankyou, now I know what she says I will probably be able to make it out!
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I might scream if I hear that Twinnings Bing, Bang, Bong song again! >:(
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    I can't find it.
    If i remember correctly it had a camera slowly panning down in a child's room with a little girls voice talking about all the things she likes but as the camera reached the girls it was an adult man talking but with the girls voice

That sounds familiar sounds like something H&H advertises today.

What type of ad was it?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    I cant even remember the tv ad. If you could link it to youtube that would be great.

Wasnt that the "Who's really talking to your children online" one where you think its two teen girls chatting but at the end the camera pans round to show a bloke in his 50s/60s :o
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advert for Tic Tacs where the voice-over says "Join a queue and shout CONGA !!"
    I have to press the mute button
  • Options
    MiniMort2MiniMort2 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Why are they STILL airing the Toyota 'Go fun yourself' advert? The 'new' car they advertise came out in July!!! Now it's ebay status is like new or slightly used
    Also I'm really annoyed with the Oral B advert with the woman constantly saying 'GO PRO!'😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😱😳
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,591
    Forum Member
    There is another Werthers candy shop ad :o

Why >:(

As for that Cortana ad. Get it off my screen >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    perryman_fwperryman_fw Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Apologies if this has already been covered (I can't see a post) but I want to kick the sausage dog on the Vitality Health ad that is shown at every break on Sky Sports Cricket (ch 403) during the ICC World Cup. The dog sounds like Roy Hodgson, which alone is good reason for a shoe-ing.

Given the ad-agency/company knew this would be a 6 week series, at least they could have run some soppy storyline for the dog, for the duration.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That banking advert (Lloyds TSB?) about always wanting more, like more volume in my hair...more gold stars at school. Drives me nuts
  • Options
    QuofanQuofan Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    That banking advert (Lloyds TSB?) about always wanting more, like more volume in my hair...more gold stars at school. Drives me nuts

Its for Lloyds Bank (Lloyds TSB sadly doesn't exist any more). Yes, I hate the Lloyds adverts as well...although I think the TSB ones are very good.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That utterly pointless Facebook ad. Why does it have to go on so long and why have they butchered a Cure song?! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That utterly pointless Facebook ad. Why does it have to go on so long and why have they butchered a Cure song?! >:(

I thought it was Madonna? It's Like a Prayer isn't it? :confused:
    I dont mind the song but the voiceover is smug and sounds like someone doing a class project, so pleased with themselves - not conveying the right emotion I'd expect them to given the subject matter
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I thought it was Madonna? It's Like a Prayer isn't it? :confused:
    I've definitely heard the first one of those and there was another one which I half-caught which was probably the second - so maybe we are supposed to watch out for and obediently collect a full set!
    I dont mind the song but the voiceover is smug and sounds like someone doing a class project, so pleased with themselves
    Definitely got that 'kill me for over-smugness' vibe - and I really don't like the message - join with us, be one of us, assimilation is a joyous experience... so are user numbers or usage dropping or is there something new they are selling?
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why does Facebook, of all the companies out there, need to advertise?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing the annoying ads help to keep the site free, but it wont be long until some hoax post about FB no longer being free appears on there.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    MiniMort2 wrote: »
    Why are they STILL airing the Toyota 'Go fun yourself' advert? The 'new' car they advertise came out in July!!! Now it's ebay status is like new or slightly used
    Also I'm really annoyed with the Oral B advert with the woman constantly saying 'GO PRO!'😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😱😳

Toyota should be very careful saying that because it sounds very rude. Are they implying saying Go **** yourself as that wat it sounds like to me.

Oh yeah stupid Oral B advert for the record it is NOT Shakira presents its Oral B presents! One person is not bigger than a entire brand that has lots of people employed FFS.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I don't play on line bingo, I never intend to play on line bingo, but, if by some chance I ever get the urge to play it, I will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER use Winners Bingo, with that weirdy beardy bloke (:o>:(:o ) and the owl (:confused: ) why, just why, who on earth thought those adverts were a good idea :confused:
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Boots No.7 lipstick advert! >:(
    It starts of quiet and then that bloody awful "Show them you're a sexy lady" song comes blairing in at a really deafening high volume, accompanied by those ultra-closeups of woman's mouths plastered in lipstick, where you can see every skin cell, pore and hair!
    It's been showing for bloody ages too!
    Enough already!
    >:(
  • Options
    Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyone else noticed the irony in this ad?

It's fairly well known that FB will remove pics of breastfeeding mums as it deems them offensive yet in their ad one of the clips is a breastfeeding mum.....
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Cortana one with Clean Bandit (where Neil and Grace use it to remind the other not to do something).

For the love of God, why?
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foxy bingo grrr
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadburys chocolate and the Moon River song. It's been on too long now.
This discussion has been closed.