Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen Runaway (1984) which was on Movies4Men channel.
    Was an OK film about robots I give it a 5 out of 10.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zero Dark Thirty [2012]. Director: Kathryn Bigelow

7/10

Took a long time for the US to hunt down Bin Laden and it seems an awful long time before this movie steps into top gear.

She Wants Me [2012]. Director: Rob Margolies

4/10

One of those annoying relationship movies where the characters keep talking into camera. Charlie Sheen has a brief cameo as Charlie Sheen.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went the Day Well (more4), classic wartime propaganda drama about cunning Huns and home counties heroics
  • Options
    CosinCosin Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coraline.

An adventurous girl finds another world that is a strangely idealized version of her frustrating home, but it has sinister secrets.7/10
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gtfc1984 wrote: »
    Black Rain (1989) Sky Movies 6/10

That's on my most hated films list. :D
  • Options
    gtfc1984gtfc1984 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    That's on my most hated films list. :D
    Yeah its not one for the collection to get excited about.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the last 3 were

Fifty Shades - awful, wish I hadnt bothered 0/10
    Big Hero 6 - loved it! 8/10
    The Imitation Game - brilliant 9/10
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deliverance - Gritty 70s drama about a group of friends whose canoeing trip takes a turn for the worse. Jon Voight is especially great.

8/10
  • Options
    culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mystery Road - 8/10

Caught this on BBC4 last night (on iPlayer now if anyone's interested), about an Aboriginal detective attempting to investigate a murder in the face of extensive police corruption. A welcome change from the mostly unsubtle and predictable Hollywood nonsense. No gimmicky, silly camerawork, stunningly shot in the Australian outback and well acted. The 'big' (in this film's terms anyway) set-piece finale is a little silly and lacking credibility but still worth watching.
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dream House - Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are a couple who move in to their dream house with their 2 young daughters. What seems like a routine haunted house scenario takes a major twist half way through and it then becomes psychological thriller. The ending is a bit of a mess as all the unanswered questions are squeezed into the final few minutes but overall it's not too bad
    6/10

The Forgotten - Julianne Moore is really good as she plays the part of a grieving mother whose 9 year old son died in a plane crash just over a year previous. The only thing is her husband and everyone around her tell her that she didn't have a son and must be delusional. She eventually convinces a man whose daughter also died in same plane crash that the truth is being hidden. They then set out to find some answers and what follows is like an episode of X-Files. First half of film is very good but second half is so so.
    7/10
  • Options
    ack1990ack1990 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Selma - 7/10
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,329
    Forum Member
    2001: A Space Odyssey

Attn: Lucas, Spielberg, Cameron et al. Who's the daddy, eh? 10/10

Broken Arrow

Travolta/Slater actioner. Pure nonsense of course, but it's brisk enough and Travolta's good value. Still arguably the best of John Woo's mostly turgid Hollywood turns. 6.5/10
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Megashark vs Crocasuarus.

Director Christopher Douglas-Olen Ray delivers a tour de force, a superb actioner from the makers of Megashark vs Giant Octopus.

Story, acting and effects are first rate, as is typical for the genre. Just be warned, you really have to follow this as the plot is a rich tapestry of original thought, symbolism and juxtaposition. Couldn't recommend this highly enough.

5/10.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen The Duke of Burgundy. A waste of £4 and two hours of my life. It was absolute s*it. 0/10

Has anyone else seen it?
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,980
    Forum Member
    Thor: The Dark World - more entertaining than it should be considering it's a load of old nonsense. 7/10
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,980
    Forum Member
    Just seen Runaway (1984) which was on Movies4Men channel.
    Was an OK film about robots I give it a 5 out of 10.
    I love that film. It's the realistic near future scenario that fascinates me and it's got Tom in it. It's one of my favourite robot movies!!
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I love that film. It's the realistic near future scenario that fascinates me and it's got Tom in it. It's one of my favourite robot movies!!

Agree ! Think its a great cult film ! Gene Simmons is a really sinister baddie !
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loch Ness 8/10...sweet film ...love the Scottish scenery !
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

...I can't believe it's taken me ten years to watch it.

Citizenfour
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fury - Looks good and has some decent action scenes, but I don't think I'll ever re-watch it.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,329
    Forum Member
    X-Men: Days of Future Past

Entertaining time travel hijinx with the whole gamut of X-ers. The huge cast can't avoid giving the impression they're all slightly slumming it with this superhero business now, but it's diverting enough and better plotted than I'd imagined. The future sentinels make for a great creepy enemy too. 7/10
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    predator 1987 on proper blu ray a classic. it makes me laugh that the critic reviewers score averages 36 lol
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Loch Ness 8/10...sweet film ...love the Scottish scenery !

I found the grim Scottish landscape ruined the film for me personally.
  • Options
    Balbinder MannBalbinder Mann Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Ghost Rider (2007).

It was OK, pretty average. A bit character-less. Sam Elliott was the best thing about it, the dull villains the worst. Mephisto (Peter Fonda) should have been the main villain, he was very classy.

Eva Mendes - can't act, but my God she's got a great body! :D

5/10
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Mystery Road (2014) 8/10
This discussion has been closed.