Options

Ben Hardy Cast In X-Men

shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/eastenders-actor-ben-hardy-joins-x-men-apocalypse-1201440972/

Guess if Peter is ever going to return in the future he will have a new head. Congrats to Ben on the casting though - I love that franchise and I hope it brings him a lot of success.

Comments

• Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely that casting already makes him one of EastEnders' most successful ex-characters? I know people like Lacey Turner have been the star of British TV series (Our Girl) but has anyone else been in a Hollywood film? The only other comparison I can think of is Martine McCutcheon, who was in Love Actually.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Bryan Singer's type
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Surely that casting already makes him one of EastEnders' most successful ex-characters? I know people like Lacey Turner have been the star of British TV series (Our Girl) but has anyone else been in a Hollywood film? The only other comparison I can think of is Martine McCutcheon, who was in Love Actually.

No one from EE tends to do that well outside of it, some do continue working which I suppose is all you'd want as an actor.
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,813
    Forum Member

Rob Kaszinky was in Pacific Rim and set to be in Warcraft and a new film with Sofia Vegara and Resse Witherspoon as the male lead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats to Ben!!!!
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob Kazinsky had a decent sized part in Pacific Rim.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Ben!
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Rob Kazinsky had a decent sized part in Pacific Rim.

I stopped watching True Blood years ago but I'm sure he was also one of Sookie's conquests.
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an Eastenders fan I am a little gutted. I hoped that when Jacqueline Jossa was due back next year, they could have tempted Hardy back to join her.

I love Jossa and Lauren but now I'd like them both to stay gone until they can tempt Ben Hardy back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob Kazinsky is someone I really miss from Eastenders (damn his success!!!! :D) - Sean was a great character.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Rob Kaszinky was in Pacific Rim and set to be in Warcraft and a new film with Sofia Vegara and Resse Witherspoon as the male lead.

Thanks. The last I heard of him, he was supposedly doing well in theatre. It's nice to see he's moving onto even bigger things. I would have said it's a shame Sean won't be meeting Stacey anytime soon but then again, Sean isn't the type to pop around for Christmas lunch.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Ben
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped watching True Blood years ago but I'm sure he was also one of Sookie's conquests.
    Who wasn't? :p Yep, I think he was a regular in the later seasons. Although, like you, I stopped watched years before he showed up.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Congrats Ben!
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to him, it's a big leap and I hope he has a successful career.

As for Peter, I guess it's another recast!
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 22,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can i just say being cast in a film doesnt mean he will be Successful
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Ben.
    The speed of this makes it look like he was offered the role while he was in EE and thats why he decided to quit.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Ben :)
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what part it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I wonder what part it is.

I thought maybe Angel/Archangel since apparently Ben's got a key part and obviously Warren's pretty important in the Apocalypse story, but the X-Men movie TL is a bit screwy so idk.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Yeah, and Angel is blond, which of course Ben is. Days of Future Past's ending caused the events of the original trilogy to be altered (history was changed due to time travel), so you can ignore any previous continuity from before First Class.
  • Options
    issy17issy17 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Wow! I'm really happy for Ben :D He seems like a nice well-grounded bloke! Will be interesting to see how he handles the fame as he seems quite reserved and level-headed :)
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see a Young Cyclops for him myself [a supporting character, if Angel / Archangel is indeed part of this Apocalypse tale].
  • Options
    BitoftreakleBitoftreakle Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Yep he's gonna make a name for himself, so I doubt he will return to the part of Peter Beale again and I have already said I think they should keep both Peter and Lauren out of the show or bring him back recast again, rather than ruin the ending they had.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine how much fanny he's gonna plough through in Hollywood :D