Options

Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching a re-inventive vesrion of swan lake on the arts channel today with mum (ballet was first done in 1994ish) and i have to say some of it reminds me of Robron esp in act 2 to the last act was a really well done :D:D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swan_Lake_%28Bourne%29
    heres some scenes
    :blush::cool:;-)^_^

Is it bad that I laughed imagining Aaron and Robert doing ballet dancing in the Woolpack?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the twitter thing with Danny and the Sky woman. I'm not on twitter but my friend showed me but neither of us understood it. Was it something to do with football or a cameraman or something?

Danny was being rude about one of Sky's camera men, I think.

Then they started having a go at each other. I have no idea why a scrum was brought into it, that's rugby! Politics was brought up as well. Which was even weirder.

While I thought Danny was rude. I am siding with him because of an incident where Kay Burley called a Scottish person a rather bad word live on Sky.

She did apologise but she annoyed most of Scotland that day.
  • Options
    kalisperakalispera Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    HayleyG94 wrote: »

Then they started having a go at each other. I have no idea why a scrum was brought into it, that's rugby! Politics was brought up as well. Which was even weirder.

While I thought Danny was rude, I am siding with him because of an incident where Kay Burley called a Scottish person a rather bad word live on Sky.

She did apologise but she annoyed most of Scotland that day.

Seemed he was objecting to her defence of the cameraman who messed up his question to a politician (the big news story this week). Yes he did go off on one a bit but I detest the woman. She's well known for being totally obnoxious - I'll never forget what she did to Peter Andre, totally out of order.. There was an outcry at the time, Google it for the details as I can't remember it exactly but everyone sympathised with him, even people who couldn't stand him! Seems she doesn't like it when the boot is on the other foot! The reference to a scrum was that there would have been a battle of all the journos trying to ask questions of the disgraced politician.
  • Options
    FhionnuisceFhionnuisce Posts: 6,718
    Forum Member

Thanks Hayley :) It all all just seemed a bit crazy but probably makes more sense in England :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kalispera wrote: »
    Seemed he was objecting to her defence of the cameraman who messed up his question to a politician (the big news story this week). Yes he did go off on one a bit but I detest the woman. She's well known for being totally obnoxious - I'll never forget what she did to Peter Andre, totally out of order.. There was an outcry at the time, Google it for the details as I can't remember it exactly but everyone sympathised with him, even people who couldn't stand him! Seems she doesn't like it when the boot is on the other foot! The reference to a scrum was that there would have been a battle of all the journos trying to ask questions of the disgraced politician.

I saw that just there. Just wow. If someone had said that to ME live on television. I'd have been furious! Dwight has barely anything to do with Harvey and Peter adopting him would have been really good for him. Alex Reid wouldn't adopt his kids because Peter is a huge part of their lives, big difference!

Wow I am actually furious right now!

>:(>:(>:(
    Thanks Hayley :) It all all just seemed a bit crazy but probably makes more sense in England :confused:

Kalispera has it in better context.
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,628
    Forum Member
    :D

Over on the main forum there are calls for Aaron to get together with Val's son, Paul Lambert. Apart from a 20 year age difference (approx) they used to hate each other. Why would anyone think they are well suited? :confused:

Come on Robert! Get your skates on. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyBee wrote: »
    :D

Over on the main forum there are calls for Aaron to get together with Val's son, Paul Lambert. Apart from a 20 year age difference (approx) they used to hate each other. Why would anyone think they are well suited? :confused:

Come on Robert! Get your skates on. :)

Absolutely bloody NOT!

I love Paul he was brilliant in it but no way in hell would I want him and Aaron together!

Oh God! :confused:

Robert I am gonna come to the Dales and knock some sense into you!
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Like I said in the thread, it's ridiculous that people think you can just stick any two gay men together and it's fine. I guess we're still in that point of society though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said in the thread, it's ridiculous that people think you can just stick any two gay men together and it's fine. I guess we're still in that point of society though.

Just leave that to Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Absolutely bloody NOT!

I love Paul he was brilliant in it but no way in hell would I want him and Aaron together!

Oh God! :confused:

Robert I am gonna come to the Dales and knock some sense into you!

I'm surprised anyone on the main forum wants him with anyone, they are more likely to want him off screen in general than set him up with an ideal character.:confused:

I guess the attraction is that Paul would be a 'nice guy' and give Aaron what he wants/needs and that Robert can't give him and something happier and less dramatic, but even as a fan of Aaron that does ultimately want that for him, i can't support Aaron/Paul at all, for various reasons, including the 2 very good points you mentioned.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    The very idea is ridiculous! They're so unsuited anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    I'm surprised anyone on the main forum wants him with anyone, they are more likely to want him off screen in general than set him up with an ideal character.:confused:

I guess the attraction is that Paul would be a 'nice guy' and give Aaron what he wants/needs and that Robert can't give him and something happier and less dramatic, but even as a fan of Aaron that does ultimately want that for him, i can't support Aaron/Paul at all, for various reasons, including the 2 very jey points you mentioned.

Aaron doesn't do nice guys, Jackson and Ed were nice and sweet guys but I felt there was no chemistry between them.

The kisses between Aaron and Jackson and Aaron and Ed compared to Aaron and Robert were, well, rubbish.

That's why Aaron and Finn won't work and neither would Aaron and Paul.
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only a couple of posters everyone else has shot the idea down. Most people know Aaron wouldn't be happy with Finn or Paul. Especially with a huge age gap like there is with Paul not to mention he's married and is very snobby. If he knew Robert was available I could imagine Paul going for him though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only a couple of posters everyone else has shot the idea down. Most people know Aaron wouldn't be happy with Finn or Paul. Especially with a huge age gap like there is with Paul not to mention he's married and is very snobby. If he knew Robert was available I could imagine Paul going for him though.

I wonder if Paul's gaydar will pick something up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aaron doesn't do nice guys, Jackson and Ed were nice and sweet guys but I felt there was no chemistry between them.

The kisses between Aaron and Jackson and Aaron and Ed compared to Aaron and Robert were, well, rubbish.

That's why Aaron and Finn won't work and neither would Aaron and Paul.

I'm not so sure that true. The question is what's best for Aaron as a person and character, not how good or not it comes across on screen or how good the kisses look. I understand that's all a big attraction to following couples and stuff but whilst i'm all for Robron at the minute quite clearly Robert, in his current form ans situation isn't what Aaron needs or surely what anyone would hope for him. Aaron is crying out for a nice happy and open relationship with someone who loves and cares for him and he can give his heart to.

Despite what people may think of the chemistry, or lack of it (which again, i disagree with), Aaron obviously does 'do' nice guys as he loved them 2 people and those 2 relationships only ended due to circumstances. Jackson due to his situation and death obviously and clearly things only ended with Ed due to the fact Aaron was coming back into the show, had he not they weould no doubt still be a happy couple off screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Paul's gaydar will pick something up.

It never has before but then Robert hadn't picked up on it himself at that point.

He might be a friend for Lawrence but not one with benefits I hope :D. Think there'd be a rush on buckets if that happened.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I think there's a big difference between what is right for Aaron as a person (i.e. if he were real) and as a character. In that case Robert is wrong for Aaron as a person (there's no way you'd advocate them together as a couple if it were a real situation) but as a character then it's great. What would be right for Aaron as a person would be boring as hell to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure that true. The question is what's best for Aaron as a person and character, not how good or not it comes across on screen or how good the kisses look. I understand that's all a big attraction to following couples and stuff but whilst i'm all for Robron at the minute quite clearly Robert, in his current form ans situation isn't what Aaron needs or surely what anyone would hope for him.

Despite what people may think of the chemistry, or lack of it (which again, i disagree with), Aaron obviously does 'do' nice guys as he loved them 2 people and those 2 relationships only ended due to circumstances. Jackson due to his situation and death obviously and clearly things only ended with Ed due to the fact Aaron was coming back into the show, had he not they weould no doubt still be a happy couple off screen.

I could have phrased that a lot better instead of letting my throughts run away with me.:blush::blush:

Danny was a lot younger as well. He maybe felt nervous, which is obviously something that doesn't affect him anymore.

When you look back to then and now. It's like two different guys.

When I look past that, Aaron clearly loved Jackson and Ed, but there's something different about his romance with Robert that I can't put my finger on, but whatever it is makes me think that Aaron has never loved anyone like he loves Robert, not even Jackson and Ed.

I just want Robert to get a bloody grip!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It never has before but then Robert hadn't picked up on it himself at that point.

He might be a friend for Lawrence but not one with benefits I hope :D. Think there'd be a rush on buckets if that happened.

I really hope Paul picks up on a vibe from Robert. I'm sick of no one noticing it! It's driving me nuts!

I think it would be brilliant! Weird, but brilliant!

Does rush on buckets mean you'd basically throw up?
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I think there's a big difference between what is right for Aaron as a person (i.e. if he were real) and as a character. In that case Robert is wrong for Aaron as a person (there's no way you'd advocate them together as a couple if it were a real situation) but as a character then it's great. What would be right for Aaron as a person would be boring as hell to watch.

If Aaron was a sibling or a friend, I'd be telling him to run like **** from Robert. There is no way I'd like Robert in real life. I'd despise him for the hurt he's caused.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I think the thing is, Danny has just grown as an actor, as a person and Aaron has grown as a character. I'm guessing that the kissing scenes with male co-stars wasn't the most comfortable thing for him to do when it first started, but he came back into it knowing who the character was and what it entailed. It probably helps that he gets along with Ryan so they're more comfortable around each other. Plus, as a character Aaron is more comfortable with his sexuality and it's not a big issue for him anymore. So it's hard to pinpoint if the differences between the romances with Jackson/Ed with Robert.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »

Agree. We should also remember it's a show that can't have infinite love interests for Aaron, he's got 2 or 3 choices and he's ruled out 2 of them Finn and Paul already. Robert is his only viable love interest at this point.
    I suppose, you know what I mean though. And Danny was a lot younger as well. He maybe felt nervous, which is obviously something that doesn't affect him anymore.

When you look back to then and now. It's like two different guys.

When I look past that, Aaron clearly loved Jackson and Ed, but there's something different about his romance with Robert that I can't put my finger on, but whatever it is makes me think that Aaron has never loved anyone like he loves Robert, not even Jackson and Ed.

I just want Robert to get a bloody grip!

That's harsh. It's not easy coming out because people look at you differently from that moment on. It's hard to explain really the feeling of anxiety and insecurity before hand because once you've done it you can't undo it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. We should also remember it's a show that can't have infinite love interests for Aaron, he's got 2 or 3 choices and he's ruled out 2 of them Finn and Paul already. Robert is his only viable love interest at this point.

That's harsh. It's not easy coming out because people look at you differently from that moment on. It's hard to explain really the feeling of anxiety and insecurity before hand because once you've done it you can't undo it.

I didn't mean to cause offence. That wasn't what I was doing. I'm not judging anything I'm just saying that Aaron's romance with Robert seems different somehow.

Again sorry for any offence caused.

I'm not good at phrasing things.

Sorry everyone.

I know it's hard for people to come out and Robert clearly is terrified. I shouldn't have said he should get a grip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder what this Aaron stuff is then week after next? It now doesn't seem anything major but we still have Chas being worried by his behaviour and whether she can 'save' him? You would have thought they would seem to be quite big things but doesn't seem so.

I had thought that Chas discovered his self harm and it was all about that, but i can't believe that would be a minor story in the show that week like it seems to be. I;m stumped if it's not that though. And one spoiler suggested he might be on the verge of telling her the truth, so again, how is that a minor plot point?:confused:

I'm intrigued what those 2 spoilers mean now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope Paul picks up on a vibe from Robert. I'm sick of no one noticing it! It's driving me nuts!

I think it would be brilliant! Weird, but brilliant!

Does rush on buckets mean you'd basically throw up?

If Aaron was a sibling or a friend, I'd be telling him to run like **** from Robert. There is no way I'd like Robert in real life. I'd despise him for the hurt he's caused.

Yeah I meant throwing up :D.
    I didn't mean to cause offence. That wasn't what I was doing. I'm not judging anything I'm just saying that Aaron's romance with Robert seems different somehow.

Again sorry for any offence caused.

Oh im not offended don't be sorry. I'm just trying to point out that Robert is in his late 20's and has always been straight not only from his own perspective but from everyone who knows him. It's not easy coming out at any age but when you don't feel like you have support it must be that much harder. For him it's his whole life he's giving up as well, he'd lose his wife, home and job along with the regular coming out stuff.

For what it's worth I want Robert to wake up as well but it's going to have to play out and that will take a while.
This discussion has been closed.