✭✭✭
David Tredinnick MP

Mind you he has form in this area

Comments

• Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to keep an open mind on issue but I tend to rely on proven fact. however it is worth considering options. The body is 70% water and the moon as we know has an effect on bodies of water so their maybe some link between the moon and moods. I am not saying there is of course just an example of possible links :)

However he is suggesting birth charts. Personally what day you born on I don't see how that matters or relates to health in any way.
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile the energy secretary is looking for oil using a Y-shaped twig :D
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    And anyone who does not believe in Astrology is a Racist says a tory MP A Tory MP has urged the NHS to use astrology to treat its patients, while branding anyone that doesn’t believe in it "racist" (that’s astrology – as in the belief that there is a relationship between astronomical phenomena and events in the human world).

David Tredinnick said on Tuesday that divination has a "role to play in healthcare" and that employing prophecy in 21st century medicine would "take huge pressure off doctors". In an interview with the Astrological Journal, the MP for Bosworth in Leicestershire said: "I do believe that astrology and complementary medicine would help take the huge pressure off doctors."
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    It would definitely take the pressure off doctors, but not in the way this fool seems to think. Dead people don't need medical care.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's a mental case and everyone should question his thinking as an MP .....
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. These Tories really do live in another world.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giving your date of birth will have a new meaning.:p
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    "one day astrology will have a role to play in healthcare"

Well I guess Uranus will be prominent in managing bowel and gastrointestinal complaints so who knows!
    Seriously, this is just 100% espoo and an MP should know better.
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Because of course, despite the fact that only *one* person is mentioned, obviously ALL Tories think like this.

....there's never a roll-eyes smiley when you need one...
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    The only surprise about this is that he isn't from UKIP. Didn't they want homeopathy on the NHS in the last manifesto?
  • Options
    DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only surprise about this is that he isn't from UKIP. Didn't they want homeopathy on the NHS in the last manifesto?

Oh good grief, and I suppose Labour didn't support pedophiles in Rotherham .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dacco wrote: »
    Oh good grief, and I suppose Labour didn't support pedophiles in Rotherham .
    If I was playing UKIP Bingo I'd have won the jackpot on that post alone. (At least you could have made the effort to spell paedophile correctly).
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our Lizard Lords...
  • Options
    DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was playing UKIP Bingo I'd have won the jackpot on that post alone. (At least you could have made the effort to spell paedophile correctly).

Yes indeed, but it is spelt correctly in all my other posts about the Labour Party supporting PAEDophiles in Rotherham.
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah am sure he doesent bother with BUPA private medical treatment when he can get expert help from Mystic Meg.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dacco wrote: »
    Yes indeed, but it is spelt correctly in all my other posts about the Labour Party supporting PAEDophiles in Rotherham.
    I was wondering why you felt the need to bring it up in a thread about alternative (i.e. barmy) therapies in the health service. Is it a knee jerk reaction to anything remotely critical of UKIP, or would you also bring it up in a discussion on how to change the spark plugs on a Fiat 127?
  • Options
    omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    David Tredinnick MP

Mind you he has form in this area

The man is a tit of the highest order. Regardless of his views I know for a fact that the last words to be expelled from a person having a heart attack are not "Get me an astrologer - STAT" nor would I ever expect to hear a resus officer asking "But is the Moon in Uranus" and basing their interventions on such claptrap.

As he tried to claim expenses for a course on intimate relationships and voted to exempt himself from Freedom of Information requests relating to his expenses I can only hope that this knob is booted out by his constituents (however as he has been voted back to the Commons since 1987 I don't hold my breath)

Am more concerned that the powers that be decided that he would be the perfect candidate for the chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Integrated Healthcare and has been for over a decade. Evidence based healthcare hangs its head in disgust
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    It would definitely take the pressure off doctors, but not in the way this fool seems to think. Dead people don't need medical care.

I might read the horoscopes in a magazine lying around in the dentist's waiting room. Sometimes it's good to have a laugh.:D
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    omipalone wrote: »
    The man is a tit of the highest order. Regardless of his views I know for a fact that the last words to be expelled from a person having a heart attack are not "Get me an astrologer - STAT" nor would I ever expect to hear a resus officer asking "But is the Moon in Uranus" and basing their interventions on such claptrap.

As he tried to claim expenses for a course on intimate relationships and voted to exempt himself from Freedom of Information requests relating to his expenses I can only hope that this knob is booted out by his constituents (however as he has been voted back to the Commons since 1987 I don't hold my breath)

Am more concerned that the powers that be decided that he would be the perfect candidate for the chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Integrated Healthcare and has been for over a decade. Evidence based healthcare hangs its head in disgust

l have to report that it's a safe Conservative seat (Bosworth) and it didn't even turn red in 1997 - that's how safe it is. Barring a new sleaze revelation a la Jack $traw, Tredinnick is likely to be an MP for another 5 years.
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It already is. Places like the Bristol Homeopathic Hospital have been around for decades
  • Options
    Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    Never mind astrology, a devastatingly large asteroid wouldn't go amiss right about now...
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    BREAKING NEWS:

Russell Grant to stand for Parliament with Mystic Meg and Jonathan Cainer in support as part of his campaign team.t
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Yes. Because of course, despite the fact that only *one* person is mentioned, obviously ALL Tories think like this.

....there's never a roll-eyes smiley when you need one...

We agree, I really don't see what bearing his politics has on the subject, an idiot is an idiot no matter what his/her politics are,
    Although one doesn't need a star chart to know what some would be saying had it been a Labour MP coming out with this utter mumbo jumbo supporting garbage.

Anyone with even the most rudimentary understanding of astronomy knows that astrology is just cack,
    We look up at the sky from our particular position in the universe, and thousands of years ago human beings who had no understanding of the nature of the universe thought they saw patterns in the stars and gave these groups of patterns names, they also noticed that some of these stars seemed to 'wander about' these stars ended up being called 'planets' which I believe translates into "wandering star"

But if we were to, for example lookup at the same section of sky but from Mars, we would of course see a totally different set of patterns, that's because these patterns in the sky are not drawn on a flat piece of paper they are 3 dimensional some of the stars are much closer to us some are millions of light years further away from us and indeed the other stars in their constellation and actually have no relationship to each other whatsoever,
    and HOW on Earth (quite literally) a bunch of stars which appear to form a pattern from where we are standing, each of them light years, in some cases tens of thousands of light years away from each other and us,
    (meaning that NONE of them are actually where we see them, but we are seeing them as they were thousands if not millions of years ago)
    can somehow co-operate their 'powers' to influence whether I will meet a tall dark stranger tomorrow , (and only me from the billions of people on this planet based on where and when I was born) is utter bollox, and belongs in the same box as the flat earth theory and the one that said if we go faster than the speed of a galloping horse our lungs will explode.

Still, some folk make a nice little earner out of it.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe what he really meant was with the way things go and with NHS Managers receiving huge wage packets and wasting money whilst Nurses etc work like crazy that sooner or later Mystic Meg will have a better idea of when you get your OP than an overworked Doctor will.