Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,206
    Forum Member
    I to you: Should have gotten a Run type of ending with key change and everything. I totally loved the snippet because I was expecting crazy vocals, but the full version lacks a climax.

I'd like to think that this wasn't accidental! Maybe the song is like the situation that it's about on purpose: repetitive and changeless. Gives the feeling of a vicious circle
  • Options
    alanlamnamalanlamnam Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone heard Kelly's latest release from the album? It's her duet with John Legend, Run Run Run. It's the first song from the album that excites me with the first listen. I liked both Heartbeat Song and Invincible when I first heard them but not really amazed (impressed by the rare falsettos from Kelly in Invincible though). It took some time for both songs to grow on me. Run Run Run sounds really good and instant.

Do we have any news about possible vocal collab on I Am? I'm really interested in a love song duet with a male artist. Those 'conversation' songs like Just Give Me A Reason would be perfect for Leona. The Trouble duet performance wasn't vocally perfect and lacked magic between Leona and the contestant but I was so amazed by how Leona killed performance and totally delivered the conversation vibe.
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,206
    Forum Member
    alanlamnam wrote: »
    Anyone heard Kelly's latest release from the album? It's her duet with John Legend, Run Run Run. It's the first song from the album that excites me with the first listen

Strong,beautiful verses, weak-messy chorus! Stunning vocals from both

( enough about Clarkson though guys! :p )
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    alanlamnam wrote: »
    Anyone heard Kelly's latest release from the album? It's her duet with John Legend, Run Run Run. It's the first song from the album that excites me with the first listen. I liked both Heartbeat Song and Invincible when I first heard them but not really amazed (impressed by the rare falsettos from Kelly in Invincible though). It took some time for both songs to grow on me. Run Run Run sounds really good and instant.

Do we have any news about possible vocal collab on I Am? I'm really interested in a love song duet with a male artist. Those 'conversation' songs like Just Give Me A Reason would be perfect for Leona. The Trouble duet performance wasn't vocally perfect and lacked magic between Leona and the contestant but I was so amazed by how Leona killed performance and totally delivered the conversation vibe.
    Apparently it's a cover of Tokio Hotel's song.
  • Options
    saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a beautiful day :) I hope the sun is shinning where you are and the trees are beginning to have new leaf buds ;-)
    The days are getting longer at last and the snow drops look pretty,daffodils are about to burst open in a glorious blaze of yellow :o
    Spring is definitely on its way !
    all we need now is a amazin single :D
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I'm still hoping for a Leona and Frank Ocean song haha!
  • Options
    pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dog singing Bleeding Love.

He held back on the high notes at the end though :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBX0RPO72S0
  • Options
    Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

thats just howling
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member

lmao that is amazing :cry:
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member

Watch how Leona's gonna post it on all of her social media sites in 3..2..1...

It's just too cute. And the ending is amazing so much emotions.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats just howling

You didn't expect real vocals coming out a dog, right? :')
  • Options
    Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    You didn't expect real vocals coming out a dog, right? :')

lol, of course, not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I requested Can't Breathe in Doggy Style LOL :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I requested Can't Breathe in Doggy Style LOL :D

Oh :blush:
  • Options
    Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have to be invited to attend the Brits or do you have to try and book yourself in if your a celebrity/singer? Because jamelia just said she was attending on loose women and she hasn't released anything in years!!!
  • Options
    Twilight17Twilight17 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish when leona won the X factor that syco did an additional cover album with all the songs she performed on the show. She really does nail them all ! Love herrrrr <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twilight17 wrote: »
    I really wish when leona won the X factor that syco did an additional cover album with all the songs she performed on the show. She really does nail them all ! Love herrrrr <3

I wonder, if she recorded her songs in studio each week.
    "Summertime" and "Sorry seems to be the hardest word" were included on her first single CD back in 2006. Does anybody on here own an original copy of "A moment like this"?
    Did they put the studio version or live version onto the album?
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Summertime" and "Sorry seems to be the hardest word" were included on her first single CD back in 2006. Does anybody on here own an original copy of "A moment like this"?

I'm sure I read that the audio from Summertime was recorded during her rehearsals, so it's technically live. It's just obviously mixed/mastered for a CD :) I would assume that was the same for SSTBTHW...

Could be wrong though!
  • Options
    VirtuosoVirtuoso Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone thought about the fact that the other X Factor woman Alex is releasing apparently soon? Will that make a difference?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    I'm sure I read that the audio from Summertime was recorded during her rehearsals, so it's technically live. It's just obviously mixed/mastered for a CD :) I would assume that was the same for SSTBTHW...

Could be wrong though!

Okay, because there is in fact a rehearsal version available on YouTube. So it might be the one taken from the CD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Virtuoso wrote: »
    Anyone thought about the fact that the other X Factor woman Alex is releasing apparently soon? Will that make a difference?

She's releasing it for free, it won't chart. She has no label atm as far as I know and she won't be promoting it either as she's doing the Bodyguard tour
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, because there is in fact a rehearsal version available on YouTube. So it might be the one taken from the CD.

Yes, that's the one from AMLT ep. Same for SSTBTHW, it's on Youtube as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Yes, that's the one from AMLT ep. Same for SSTBTHW, it's on Youtube as well

woww, so good to hear sorry seems to be the hardest word in amazing quality. This rehearsal version is a tad better than the on air version.
    They must have recorded all the other songs for sure as well. To the person out there who has all the rehearsal versions: please release them. please we need them. please, i beg you pleaseeeeeeee
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member

I got it for Christmas the year she won but I can't find it anywhere, I've been tearing the house down the last few months looking for it :(
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Single premiere on Friday. They announced it in my dream. :D
This discussion has been closed.