Options

Strictly Peoples Special

Comments

• Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cassidy could fling my cape around anytime :D

This has been amazing. They should have done it years ago!!! Its going to be really difficult to choose who to support, they are all so lovely and deserving. I think i'll just support all of them :)
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Len Gutmann
  • Options
    777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobbla wrote: »

This has been amazing. They should have done it years ago!!! Its going to be really difficult to choose who to support, they are all so lovely and deserving. I think i'll just support all of them :)

Mine too! :blush: What a hero
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    777Eilidh wrote: »
    Mine too! :blush: What a hero

Hands off, I started perving over him quite a few pages ago :p
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    Len Gutmann

Jawohl
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love all the extra stuff laid on for the contestants - memories of a lifetime in the making.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Riley alert .
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,208
    Forum Member
    Well I enjoyed that a lot more than I thought I would at the beginning. :)
  • Options
    777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hands off, I started perving over him quite a few pages ago :p

Best lassie wins. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    Well I enjoyed that a lot more than I thought I would at the beginning. :)

Me too . Almost missed it , saw no ads for it just spotted it in my TV guide
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well what a load of rubbish that was. I really thought they would all be dancing tonight and get voted off... I really couldn't care about their background and how they love their partner....
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed that, all excellent choices to compete, and great trying vids, not a 'comedy' VT in sight
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I fancy one of those sparkly badges...Sainsburys have them apparently.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed that, can't wait till next week's three. Better get more tissues in :D

See you all next week :D
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,208
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    I thoroughly enjoyed that, can't wait till next week's three. Better get more tissues in :D

See you all next week :D

Aye, I'm going to have a word with the neighbours all that bliddy onion peeling at this time of night. :mad: ;):D

Thanks for the company folks it's been a pleasure posting with you. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What a great show. So moving. I was welling up a lot. Such incredible people. I was so happy when Cassidy got Natalie and it was lovely to see Vincent and Flavia again. This should definitely be an annual thing. Really looking forward to next week.
  • Options
    JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed that! Much better than I thought it would be.

Unbelievably good choices of people, people who are really deserving, really nice and also who love the show.

All good.
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Me too . Almost missed it , saw no ads for it just spotted it in my TV guide

And me. What joy to see Ian back, and dancing again. The programme started slowly but got better and better. Brilliant, worthy contestants. :)
  • Options
    fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What worthy contestants, they set an example to the rest of us. I was filled with admiration for all three of them. Lovely idea to do this programme and even though I blubbed a couple of times I had a nice warm feeling watching these people get some extra joy in their lives after giving it to many others.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I decided to watch. I don't usually watch this kind of show, where the hardship of others to overcome adversity is the main reason for watching. However, this whole idea has been brilliantly meshed with Comic Relief to make it a very worthwhile show. If these three people are an indication of the nominations, I can only imagine how hard it was to choose six contestants.

Must thank my husband for deciding to clean his teeth after Bake Off because we were going to watch something else! :D
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So lovely to see so many Strictly oldies taking part. What a great idea and it was great to see such a very well thought out introductory programme.
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    777Eilidh wrote: »
    Cassidy looks lovely. ;-) Think this Scot will be voting for him. :D

But doesn't he have previous dance experience? Would that not make him a dirty ringaaah? Or does previous experience only matter when it is celebrities doing it.
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobbla wrote: »

Both my favourite pro's taking part. Do I support Ian or do I support Natalie? Maybe I will just have to support both :)
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It did seem that they had been getting things right before this show and the first program continued that.

So far this is better than the current real Strictly and in fact resurrects some of the feel of Strictly years ago in terms of the 'people' and their pros being what its about. Hopefully it will not get cluttered with backing dancers.

Great to see Ian, Flavia and Vincent involved and I'm impressed how easily these non-showbiz types have switched into their parts, which says a lot about how well this has been planned and implemented. They have also selected excellent pro dancers and dances.

Anna and Cassidy will likely be the two who will dance impressively, but Michael and Heather looked a bit better than I expected.

Good job so far - big thumbs up from me!
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodness. I didn't think I was interested in watching members of the public on Strictly but I'm hooked. That was so well done. I loved it!