Options

The Brit Awards 2015

Comments

• Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the dancer doesn't get in trouble for it, they clearly should have rehearsed more beforehand.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,866
    Forum Member
    Flowes wrote: »
    No, I don't think you have been mean:)

A lot of people think she will go ballastic at the dancer/Cape tyer but I would love it if she has a laugh about it.

Yes, her Jonathon Ross interview is being filmed today, a staged fake fall when she is walking out for the interview would be a good way of dealing with what happened and show she has a sense of humour.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I hope the dancer doesn't get in trouble for it, they clearly should have rehearsed more beforehand.

You'd think they would have had it planned that she gave a signal for the dancer to pull the cape... A tad risky not to do it that way, which has been proved! xD
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How bad was Kanye's performance? It absolute garbage it stank just like his attitude it was awful and a joke.

I'm sad Madonna fell but she will use the publicity to her advantage.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd think they would have had it planned that she gave a signal for the dancer to pull the cape... A tad risky not to do it that way, which has been proved! xD

Almost certainly the signal to pull the cape was at a certain point in the song. What could not be factored in was that the cape had been tied too tightly. The cape was very long and thus probably quite heavy; the danger of using Velcro as some have suggested is that the weight of the cloak could cause the Velcro to come apart prematurely
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was the show any good tonight

just come back from the arsenal game lol

The only good points were that Rita Ora wore a very revealing dress & didn't sing. And those overrated twonks 1D lost out on a award to a Rock Band with real muscian's that don't need to be made to look pretty for brainless teenage girls & can put out a decent song without the need of autotune.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only good points were that Rita Ora wore a very revealing dress & didn't sing. And those overrated twonks 1D lost out on a award to a Rock Band with real muscian's that don't need to be made to look pretty for brainless teenage girls & can put out a decent song without the need of autotune.

True Rita Wh@ra as I call her is only good for showing her t1ts. I bet Simon was annoyed 1D won nothing.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Simon was annoyed 1D won nothing.

They did win Best Video. I believe that the voting method being via Twitter hashtagging was used purely to guarantee One Direction an award (as there was no award/category clearly made up just for them this year), considering they have one of the biggest Twitter fanbases.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Says everything about the quality of the music and the show in general when the worldwide front-page story is "an old woman fell over".
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    They did win Best Video. I believe that the voting method being via Twitter hashtagging was used purely to guarantee One Direction an award (as there was no award/category clearly made up just for them this year), considering they have one of the biggest Twitter fanbases.

The Global Success or whatever the award is called was the 'made up' award that they were usually guaranteed to win, as they had the last couple of years, but this year it went to Sam Smith instead.

An award voted for via Twitter (thus eliminating other methods of voting i.e. calls/texts etc) was always going to be won by whoever had the most followers on Twitter. They may as well have called it the Best One Direction Video Award.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least we know Madonna doesn't mime
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    At least we know Madonna doesn't mime

I'm sure Elton was still laughing his considerable arse off last night anyway.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I was watching a Tory party conference.

As for Madge, the fall was part of the performance, designed to make us think 'Oh, worra trouper!'

She couldn't give an honest performance if her life depended on it.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A truly dull Brits this year until that magical moment when Madges Cape fails to release and she's yanked off the steps. I don't care if it makes me harsh but her well being was the last thing on my mind, think about it, if she was really badly I jured she wouldn't have got up and carried on. Speaking of her carrying on, why are people praising it? What else could she do to try and salvage this car crash tv moment?

I rewound it 5 times in total. My stomach actually aches abit this morning from laughing so much!
  • Options
    LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    True Rita Wh@ra as I call her is only good for showing her t1ts. I bet Simon was annoyed 1D won nothing.

That is a disgusting way to talk about any woman.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    A truly dull Brits this year until that magical moment when Madges Cape fails to release and she's yanked off the steps. I don't care if it makes me harsh but her well being was the last thing on my mind, think about it, if she was really badly I jured she wouldn't have got up and carried on. Speaking of her carrying on, why are people praising it? What else could she do to try and salvage this car crash tv moment?

I rewound it 5 times in total. My stomach actually aches abit this morning from laughing so much!

But WHY is it funny when someone falls over and clearly hurts themselves? It's like when you watch You've Been Framed and you see children being hit in the face with a swing before they topple over and do a somersault before landing face down on concrete! WHY is it funny? I find anything like that really uncomfortable. I guess I'm just a softie. I don't get any entertainment value from watching other people suffer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    But WHY is it funny when someone falls over and clearly hurts themselves? It's like when you watch You've Been Framed and you see children being hit in the face with a swing before they topple over and do a somersault before landing face down on concrete! WHY is it funny? I find anything like that really uncomfortable. I guess I'm just a softie. I don't get any entertainment value from watching other people suffer.

Madonna's laughed it off and indeed will benefit as a result.

People falling over is funny. Who knew?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-uihQ1XAAErzok.jpg:large
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member

I find some things uncomfortable to watch. .im not a malicious person but couldn't help but giggle at the fall. .Madonna is not known for being a nice person to those around her. .Too many stories circulated over the years about her being bitchy to not have some truth in them..
    I would have reacted with an ahgh in a sympathetic way if it had been ed sheeran for example as he seems a thoroughly lovely guy .
    Would you laugh a little if anyone you considered a bit nasty fell down in front of you?
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How bad was Kanye's performance? It absolute garbage it stank just like his attitude it was awful and a joke.

I'm sad Madonna fell but she will use the publicity to her advantage.

They bleeped most of it out, think that performance was rubbish to be honest but rumour has it he only had 48 hrs to come up with something after Rhianna pulled out and he was doing it as a favour to her and Jayz her label boss.

Madonna fell hard good on her for getting up and carrying on like a trooper, not a fan and hated seeing her crawling across the stage like some desperate wannabe in previous performances but she did good after that fall.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    I find some things uncomfortable to watch. .im not a malicious person but couldn't help but giggle at the fall. .Madonna is not known for being a nice person to those around her. .Too many stories circulated over the years about her being bitchy to not have some truth in them..
    I would have reacted with an ahgh in a sympathetic way if it had been ed sheeran for example as he seems a thoroughly lovely guy .
    Would you laugh a little if anyone you considered a bit nasty fell down in front of you?

Honestly? Probably not! I can resent people without having a need to wish them distress.

Madonna is fine! She said so. With regards to stories making her out to be a bad person, I guess that's just the Madonna PR team trying to create an image for her. She is a tough cookie yes, and she knows what her goals are and what she has to do to achieve them. But her tour troupe all desperately apply to be on her shows from the moment she launches auditions. She is famous for looking after all those who join her team. But, if they piss her off, they're gone! After all, she is the boss! As for co-writers and producers, they all say Madonna is fabulous to work with. She is creative. So, I guess a persons perception of Madonna is based on what they believe or read about her. I don't know her personally, so can't really make a personal judgement, but her kids seem to love her and that's all that matters!
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »

You have completely made this up. Or confused Madonna with Naomi.

Everyone who works with Madonna constantly praise her.
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Says everything about the quality of the music and the show in general when the worldwide front-page story is "an old woman fell over".

True.

I have seen little coverage of Take That's Incredible Earth Shattering performance.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What disturbs me most about all those laughing at Madonna are the same people who keep calling her gran or saying she is too old. A 60 year old just fell backwards down some steps in an incident that could have been pretty serious and all people can do is say she deserved it?

Terrible sign of the times.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why was it funny? It just was

Madonna has a stupidly high opinion of herself and whilst I appreciate she is 56 years old maybe she should start acting it..?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What disturbs me most about all those laughing at Madonna are the same people who keep calling her gran or saying she is too old. A 60 year old just fell backwards down some steps in an incident that could have been pretty serious and all people can do is say she deserved it?

Terrible sign of the times.

She's not 60. Your exaggeration to make a point is interesting though isn't it...?