Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Haribo!

Yes!. Whoever thought adults with kids voices would be a good idea should be taken out and shot!.:o
  • Options
    MiniMort2MiniMort2 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Just how many years has that advert been on now? I seem to remember it being around 2002 when it first appeared, maybe give or take a year. Too bloody long, anyway :(
    According to Wikipedia it was first aired in 1999!!! I don't know if it's the identical commercial but it showed the same offer and the same man
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a wimpier sounding male in the UK than the bloke on the right?. Dear God, he makes John Inman sound like an SAS commander.

I can spot a nastier male in the UK, which is far more worrying.
  • Options
    SleepPixieSleepPixie Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes this advert too.
    It's a new one, but it makes me chuckle everytime it's on. :p
    I'm like...... "as if a dog can play a musical instrument... as if!" :p

I think it's quite clever though. I've been trying to work out in my mind how they made it.

One idea : Someone could have put some food on, or in the pipes, the dog then sniffs them out, (knowing how much stronger their sense of smell is against a human's) and each time it does so on each pipe, someone in the background (behind the camera to make it realistic) is playing notes on a regular set of pan pipes in time with the dog sniffing out the ones you see in front of the camera.

I imagine something a bit like this at least. :cool:

The piece of music is 'Crockett's Theme' from the Miami Vice series, back in the 80s. It was released as a single in 1987, I think. Hadn't heard it in years, I love the track. Just don't know how they got the dog to react though - his face is so full of expression :D
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SleepPixie wrote: »
    The piece of music is 'Crockett's Theme' from the Miami Vice series, back in the 80s. It was released as a single in 1987, I think. Hadn't heard it in years, I love the track. Just don't know how they got the dog to react though - his face is so full of expression :D

It's a puppet. :)

It worries me that some people don't know Crockett's Theme, I must be getting old.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes this advert too.
    It's a new one, but it makes me chuckle everytime it's on. :p
    I'm like...... "as if a dog can play a musical instrument... as if!" :p

I think it's quite clever though. I've been trying to work out in my mind how they made it.

One idea : Someone could have put some food on, or in the pipes, the dog then sniffs them out, (knowing how much stronger their sense of smell is against a human's) and each time it does so on each pipe, someone in the background (behind the camera to make it realistic) is playing notes on a regular set of pan pipes in time with the dog sniffing out the ones you see in front of the camera.

I imagine something a bit like this at least. :cool:

Except the dog isnt even playing the instrument as his mouth is nowhere near the holes.

As for the oldies in the Warner ads I guess they get everything on Credit.
  • Options
    ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I can spot a nastier male in the UK, which is far more worrying.

Funny, because I can spot a self-righteous one.
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an insufferably patronising start to your post - the rest of which was spot on by the way. To say that "older people" would feel better about using Tena because of an ad featuring a young woman using the product......words fail me. At 61, if I'm going to piss myself I will grab a Tena pad because I need it, not because some bint in a TV ad has given me permission! Do you talk to your mother like that?
    I love the gloriously random non sequitur about my mother ?? :D but refer back and you will see that I was amplifying why apparently perfectly healthy older people seem to be being encouraged to buy ready meals that they could prepare themselves or just go and buy from M&S. Using unrepresentative models was my point. Yes, you are right, it may be patronising - but no doubt effective or it wouldn’t be done. I’m not responsible for (or even condoning) this technique by describing it. Still, I love a good non sequitur so thank you. ;-)

And bear in mind you may be out, proud and happy to pop your Tena pads in your shopping basket but unfortunately your approach is not typical of every user of continence products. Not everyone copes with physical changes so cheerfully, openly or confidently.

But! I did blink when I read the dismissive phrase: “…some bint in a tv ad…” Bint? Really? To me, that is patronising and derogatory. Is “bint” how Generation 60+ women relate to younger females? I hope not.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Gary Lineker's new crisp ad has been removed after a complaint from the union of a builder who was killed by concrete last year.

They say construction accidents are not funny and shouldn't be joked about.

I am sure I saw that yesterday ad :confused:

Not a funny ad and neither are any of the others imo.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    That energy supplier advert with the dancing orange turd, putting a bloody earworm in my head. I'm blue ba-ba-de...NO YOU'RE NOT YOU'RE ORANGE!!!
    I'd write to the company and complain but the irony is I'm not exactly sure which company is responsible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's the Google ad with the beef stew debate. That bloke pronouncing the G in bolognese makes me want to punch something 😡
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's the Google ad with the beef stew debate. That bloke pronouncing the G in bolognese makes me want to punch something 😡

Thats almost as annoying as when people say "spag bol"
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a puppet. :)
    Is there any way to say that without thinking of that sketch...?
    It worries me that some people don't know Crockett's Theme, I must be getting old.
    Not just you :( though at least it hasn't been through the twee-o-matic mangler!
  • Options
    kirstiemcnabbkirstiemcnabb Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    That energy supplier advert with the dancing orange turd, putting a bloody earworm in my head. I'm blue ba-ba-de...NO YOU'RE NOT YOU'RE ORANGE!!!
    I'd write to the company and complain but the irony is I'm not exactly sure which company is responsible.

I keep wondering what that thing is.
    I too thought it was dog poo, it always seems to be in ads with dogs.

Do like the Cadbury, Boogie Again advert
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the MYA cosmetic surgery advert with the women in tight dresses showing off their boob jobs?.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the MYA cosmetic surgery advert with the women in tight dresses showing off their boob jobs?.
    *jedi hand-wave*
    This is not the thread you are looking for ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes it is terrible. I wonder how many of those women are actually natural and haven't had any work done in the first place.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nissan Note," Note" in the midlands means "nothing" like the Yorkshire "nowt."
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Brittany Ferries ad...yet another acoustic, sickly sick little girl chirping some annoying song.
    >:(

Gawd, that fecking Kylie Monigue dirge...get it off already! >:(
  • Options
    MiniMort2MiniMort2 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Cortana and Google have TERRIBLE adverts but until now I thought the beef stew advert was for Cortana. ;-)
  • Options
    sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I can't be doing with that advert for Knorr stock pots featuring a piece of meat that's supposed to be local (70 miles away!) and an extremely smug Marco Pierre White...AGGGH!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any way to say that without thinking of that sketch...?
    !

This sketch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUUY4uTeUKQ#t=116

I always have that voice in my head when I write that phrase :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Kleenex Kissy thing........

AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH Pass the sickbucket Alice.
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    Ads like this usually use younger, fit and healthy people to make older, less fit people feel better about using them. Think the Tena ads with the woman who has a dress + lift doors malfunction. She probably won't need her Tena subscription for decades yet but seeing her happy to use them (pissing herself laughing in the ad, in fact) makes someone older and less fit and attractive feel better about needing / buying the product.

Oakhouse Foods are much better than Wiltshire Farm Foods and they actually do taste quite good - some of the recipes, anyway - but if someone is elderly, sight failing / mobility issues / can no longer stand (or even perch) in the kitchen to prepare food from scratch any more, they are a very good alternative. They are something that carers can cook in the time allotted to their visits too - rather than prepare sandwiches and other fast, low in nutrition snacks.

My mother used Oakhouse for several years - I ordered online from France and they delivered. The delivery guys were fantastic, prepared to wait for someone with mobility problems to get to the door and let them in, and would go through and unload the order into fridge and freezer according to her instructions.

It's easy to be dismissive - smug even - about these products (and I know it's the thread for it :D) but labelling WFF and similar as products only for smug OAPs with more money than sense couldn't be further from the truth.
    I think you need to take a chill pill and see my post as tongue in cheek, as it was intended. I was referring to the Actors/Actresses portrayed in the ads as smug OAP's!
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    The latest ad for Lenor with that stupid whiny American voice. Yuk!!
This discussion has been closed.