Options

UKIP Watch

Comments

• Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.ukip.org/ukip_margate_conference

The schedule for the two-day conference, in full.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Politics Show starting now. There will be some reporting from the conference, apparently.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,626
    Forum Member
    nethwen wrote: »

The schedule for the two-day conference, in full.

11.30 would have been interesting
    Paul Nuttall saying how UKIP would rebalance the Union, in other words how UKIP would punish Scotland
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11.06 Ladbrokes is now offering odds of 1/3 on Nigel Farage winning South Thanet*. The Conservatives are on 3/1 and Labour 8/1. Al Murray, the Pub Landlord, isn't given much hope. He's on 66/1/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11438422/UK-Independence-Party-Spring-Conference-Live.html

*That should read Thanet South of course. So many seem to get that wrong.

Of course, that could just be the result of lots of optimistic UKIP supporters betting on him rather than a reflection of reality.

While the latest Survation poll does give Farage an 11% lead, Survation does tend to give UKIP higher figures than other polls. We'll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Run 'England'???

Have the US Republicans not got a grasp on what the UK in their name stands for?

Well, some of them aren't the sharpest tools in the box. They're still tools though. :D
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See nige's meeting at the foaming at the mouth conference was poorly attended. Still what do you expect when you say Ukip is not the Tea Party
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The live updates from The Telegraph are dire!

Are there any journalists out there covering the conference in a balanced, non-partisan way I wonder?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The live updates from The Telegraph are dire!

Are there any journalists out there covering the conference in a balanced, non-partisan way I wonder?
    You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course, that could just be the result of lots of optimistic UKIP supporters betting on him rather than a reflection of reality.

While the latest Survation poll does give Farage an 11% lead, Survation does tend to give UKIP higher figures than other polls. We'll just have to wait and see.

Oh dear. I hope that the Kippers do not put all their eggs into one basket regarding this poll. Lumping on at the bookies because a poll paid for by a UKIP donor gives UKIP a lead is not really a good idea
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2015/feb/27/nigel-farage-speaks-at-ukips-spring-conference-politics-live-blog

Can't believe that I'm actually linking The Guardian*, but they do seem to be covering the conference about UKIP's actual speeches.

*What has happened to their website, btw?:confused: It's gone all red.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Oh dear. I hope that the Kippers do not put all their eggs into one basket regarding this poll. Lumping on at the bookies because a poll paid for by a UKIP donor gives UKIP a lead is not really a good idea

Aww. What a shame.:p

Who pays for Lord Ashcroft's polls, then?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww. What a shame.:p

Who pays for Lord Ashcroft's polls, then?:)

TBH I'm not sure it really matter who commissions a poll, but rather the reputation and methodology of the firm conducting it. Of course, it could well be that Survation is accurately reflecting support for UKIP while the other pollsters are underestimating it.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't worry it won't be many eggs or a very big basket...under UKIP it will be back to February 1953 when eggs were still rationed ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I'm not sure it really matter who commissions a poll, but rather the reputation and methodology of the firm conducting it. Of course, it could well be that Survation is accurately reflecting support for UKIP while the other pollsters are underestimating it.

I agree.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is Farage going to grace the conference with his presence at any time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course.:confused:

You would, of course, have seen this, if you had opened the link in a previous post which gives the full schedule of the conference.:p

Here it is once again especially for you, Bangla:-

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone bought a Ukip fruitcake
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest from the Telegraph:

We have forgotten the name of Nigel Farage already:-

12.39 Suzanne Evans has given a bullish performance on the Daily Politics show, saying Nigel Evans' address to an empty hall in Washington DC will be the last time he ever faces such a thin audience.

You couldn't make it up. What are these journalists doing there?
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His mate Putin is going to fly him in specially so he can avoid all that congestion at US airports (caused by all those immigrants they have there) that might make him late for a meeting.

That's why Russian bombers have been flying down the coastline...to spot Margate easily ;-)
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Of course.:confused:

You would, of course, have seen this, if you had opened the link in a previous post which gives the full schedule of the conference.:p

Here it is once again especially for you, Bangla:-

15 minutes for the manifesto (10.30)- are you sure that's not too much time?
    10.45 the NHS - free Band-Aids for the knuckles
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15 minutes for the manifesto (10.30)- are you sure that's not too much time?
    10.45 the NHS - free Band-Aids for the knuckles

You missed the tea break at 10:20
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    You missed the tea break at 10:20
    Not a single speaker from Scotland or NI, and only one from Wales. Remind me what the UK in their name stands for.
  • Options
    Diamond HeadDiamond Head Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a single speaker from Scotland or NI, and only one from Wales. Remind me what the UK in their name stands for.

Who is the speaker from Wales?
  • Options
    Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it stands for United Kingdom - something the SNP don't want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who is the speaker from Wales?
    For those unable to look at a link
    Eight Reasons for Reducing Foreign Aid
    Nathan Gill MEP
    International Development Spokesman and PPC for Anglesey

Interesting attitude to immigration for someone in UKIP
    Born in England, his family moved to Wales in the early 1980s. Educated at Coleg Menai, on leaving he joined a family-owned private company based in North East England.[4]

In March 2004 Gill founded and managed Burgill Ltd, with his mother Elaine.[4][5] Registered in Llangefni, Isle of Anglesey but operating solely in Kingston upon Hull, the company provided domiciliary and home care services mainly to Hull City Council. The company employed 180 staff,[2] mainly from central Europe (mainly Poland) and the Philippines, to which they optionally provided chargeable "bunkhouse"-style accommodation