Options

Hollyoaks - Maxine Blake to have sex with... Patrick Blake!!!

Rick GrimesRick Grimes Posts: 274
Forum Member
Get rid, how stupid. I've had enough!

Comments

• Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Lmao that thread title just made me burst out laughing infront of my family. :D
    So funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    Lmao that thread title just made me burst out laughing infront of my family. :D
    So funny.

I forgive you, the state Hollyoaks is in I don't blame you :p:p
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    This storyline has been so long and drawn out and ridiculous even by Hollyoaks standards. It seems like the Maxine/Patrick storyline has been going on for ages.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw the trailer.

FFS! How ridiculous! That's all I can say! This storyline has been dragged through the mud long enough. It used to be one of the decent storylines with potential and now they've made such a mess of it! This one just tops the list!:mad:

Although, I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect anything ludicrous to happen, especially with the poor state that's the show is in now and hey they've just proved me right again! I think I need to take another break from Hollyoaks...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What trailer?
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What trailer?

A next week trailer for Hollyoaks.

As soon as I saw them about to get passionate, I just rolled my eyes. Then there's a clip of her telling Darren it wasn't meant to happen and another snippet showing Patrick holding her arms and telling her that they should give their relationship another go.

Ugh!:mad:

I just can't even....

ARGH!!!!!
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    WTF! Birkwood is really trolling us now >:(
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,128
    Forum Member
    You ARE joking?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,356
    Forum Member
    Oh FFS.
  • Options
    Neu IntentionNeu Intention Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I genuinely thought this was a troll thread when I first saw this :D:p
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so sick of this storyline, it seems like it will never end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    (rolls eyes)
  • Options
    Forum Member

It probably never will. Patrick will still be tormenting Maxine after the show's been cancelled...
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such an appalingly handled storyline. Does Maxine not remember that Patrick left her to die after she gave birth? Im embarrassed for the actress having to play these scenes. Hope she gets a good wage.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member

Me too.

If they wanted to keep Jeremy Sheffield on the show and still do the domestic violence storyline, they should have not made Patrick into such a cartoonish villain, but someone with extreme control/rage issues who eventually gets arrested, gets treatment, and goes on some kind of long journey to redemption. However, they made Patrick into this criminal mastermind when he's with Maxine and then when he's at school, everyone seems to forget he's an abuser. Because of this, it's impossible to see the storyline as anything but silly IMO and hard to take seriously (which has become the case with the majority of Hollyoaks under Kirkwood).
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Birkwood has no ideas so he has to keep going in circles, milking the ones he has got! The sooner he is gone from Hollyoaks the better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Me too.

If they wanted to keep Jeremy Sheffield on the show and still do the domestic violence storyline, they should have not made Patrick into such a cartoonish villain, but someone with extreme control/rage issues who eventually gets arrested, gets treatment, and goes on some kind of long journey to redemption. However, they made Patrick into this criminal mastermind when he's with Maxine and then when he's at school, everyone seems to forget he's an abuser. Because of this, it's impossible to see the storyline as anything but silly IMO and hard to take seriously (which has become the case with the majority of Hollyoaks under Kirkwood).

I thought it was going to happen all over again with Theresa McQueen when she applied for the job (did he get it?)
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quickly going right off Maxine. Any sympathy I had for her went long ago and if she does indeed sleep with him then I'm sure many others will be the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Quickly going right off Maxine. Any sympathy I had for her went long ago and if she does indeed sleep with him then I'm sure many others will be the same.

I agree. I'm sick to death of her doing the same stupid, ridiculous, idiotic things that just enable Patrick's behaviour. If she'd gone to the police when he battered her and she had evidence she wouldn't be having to deal with him now.
  • Options
    gwendagwenda Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not unrealistic for an emotionally abused woman to still want her husband. And to still be easily smitten by his charm. It happens all the time.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    I agree. I'm sick to death of her doing the same stupid, ridiculous, idiotic things that just enable Patrick's behaviour. If she'd gone to the police when he battered her and she had evidence she wouldn't be having to deal with him now.

Also where hollyoaks are going with Patrick which I'm not sure they know. When he was talking to nico about wanting to do things different and be better, I did think he was genuine but we know that once he finds out she isn't pregnant then he'll revert back evil Patrick again. At the moment it just seems like hollyoaks are to just dragging the storyline out. Its like they still want him to be seen as a good guy when everyone knows what he's done so that can't happen. Either give his comeuppance and some kind of redemption.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I felt more sorry for Quagmires sister in Family Guy than I do for her.

and thats somthing I never thought I would say:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    What do you think would happen if Patrick & Maxine were in Eastenders and DTC was in control of the Storyline?
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think would happen if Patrick & Maxine were in Eastenders and DTC was in control of the Storyline?

well he certainly would have ended it A LOT longer ago:cool:
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why are you blaming a domestic abuse victim for enabling? Do we suddenly live in a world where emotional manipulation doesn't exist and abuse victims have complete control?